Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What the EcuTek Ecu Connect bluetooth OBD-II interface and software (android + iOS) can do for your car using your cell phone

Most of you know the name EcuTek and know they have a vast dealer network with many quality tuners. EcuTek also offers an OBD-II interface over bluetooth for your phone that they call Ecu Connect. What exactly does it do?

Click here to enlarge

Well, the video below explains it well but let's dive into a quick overview.

ECU Connect is a free app for iPhone/iPad and Android devices that integrates with EcuTek's Bluetooth vehicle interface to offer you advanced features and functionality.

This exciting product allows tuners and customers to interact with the ECU using their mobile device. It also integrates with the latest EcuTek RaceROM features to provide innovative new functions and even greater control.
    This is powerful stuff especially when combined with the EcuTek RaceRom:

• Data logging – Display and record factory and RaceROM diagnostic parameters, including engine and transmission simultaneously*.
    • High speed – Logging rates up to 50% faster than ProECU and as fast as 200Hz on some vehicles (Nissan 370Z factory protocol)*.
    • RaceROM integration – Driver interaction with RaceROM features*.
    • Read & clear DTCs – Not only the engine ECU, but other modules too, such as for the TCM, ABS etc*.
    • Dashboards – Display real-time data from any parameter in a set of graphical displays using circular gauges, bar graphs or text.
    • Performance analyser – Test and share the performance results online.
    • Archive – Stores log files and performance test results for sharing with tuners or friends, directly from within the app.
    • ECU reset – Plus clearing of ECU learnt values*.
    • ECU info – Provides detailed information about the vehicle concerned.
    • Dealer locator – Lists all EcuTek Tuners and Master Tuners around the world starting with those closest to your location. Can be refined to show only those dealers who tune selected vehicles.

Data logging? Check. Read and clear codes? Check. Ecu Reset? Check.

What does RaceRom allow you ask?

ECU Connect works with the latest RaceROM to integrate your device with new and existing features, including:

• Custom data logging – Log numerous RaceROM live data parameters including fuel injection volume, per-cylinder knock, injector angle, G-sensors, wheel-slip ratio and more*.
    • Map switching – Switch between different modes using the app, and create and name each mode using ProECU*.
    • Valet mode – Reduce your car's power output for when someone else is to drive it*.
    • Launch control – Adjust the launch RPM using the app*.
    • Boost controller – Set the maximum allowed boost pressure for each map switch mode.

Map switching and valet modes is cool but fairly common stuff. The on the fly boost controller and launch control really helps set it apart as well as the custom data logging.

Click here to enlarge

Take a look at the video below to get a better idea of what EcuTek and Ecu Connect can do for your car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some pretty cool features. I really think I’m going to like the map editor from BM3 though. To me that’s the feature that sets them apart. Although, on the fly map swtitching is something I definitely want and BM3 said they’re working on, ECUTek has it already.
    2016 340xi AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What car do you own now? Hope all has been well. As a heads up BM3 has map switching and slots built in now and fully functional. EcuTek has some awesome features though and can't be beat arguably on custom code/features. Both good tuning platforms though. BM3 will have OTS maps while EcuTek doesn't offer OTS maps if that makes any difference.
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm in a 2016 340xi now. Bone stock minus an MSport front bumper. I just bought a BM3 license last night. I'm planning to do a BM3 and MHD OTS map comparo as I modify the car. Bone stock OTS ST1 vs ST1, then add an intake and do ST1 again, then DP and STG2, etc. I'm really digging the ECUTeck options. Maybe I'll add them to the comparo. IDK.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    What car do you own now? Hope all has been well. As a heads up BM3 has map switching and slots built in now and fully functional. EcuTek has some awesome features though and can't be beat arguably on custom code/features. Both good tuning platforms though. BM3 will have OTS maps while EcuTek doesn't offer OTS maps if that makes any difference.
    2016 340xi AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I’m making the jump from BM3 to EcuTek. BM3 has been a great platform but is playing catch-up now. Because of my interest in running a flex fuel setup and wanting to use Motiv’s Reflex as a PI controller, I’m going to give ecutek a try as this company seems to be more mature in these areas. I’ve been running into a lot of issues with BM3 recently plus my tuner wants a “retune” fee to combine my existing maps into flex maps so here goes nothing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tinpotm4 Click here to enlarge
    I’m making the jump from BM3 to EcuTek. BM3 has been a great platform but is playing catch-up now. Because of my interest in running a flex fuel setup and wanting to use Motiv’s Reflex as a PI controller, I’m going to give ecutek a try as this company seems to be more mature in these areas. I’ve been running into a lot of issues with BM3 recently plus my tuner wants a “retune” fee to combine my existing maps into flex maps so here goes nothing!
    What issues are you running into?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The new BM3 features are error prone. Customrom Map switching causes my car to power off! After converting a map to customrom I’m also getting errors thrown and the car goes into limp mode. Anti lag is also prone to errors. Finally, I’m having hard time getting clarity on what ECAs are compatible with BM3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)

On our Supra we went from BM3 to ECUteck, not because BM3 is not 100% capable but currently they were working on the flex, and other options, and ECUtek made it easy to wire in the reflex for easy PI control, and can interface

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    On our Supra we went from BM3 to ECUteck, not because BM3 is not 100% capable but currently they were working on the flex, and other options, and ECUtek made it easy to wire in the reflex for easy PI control, and can interface
    Yeah ecutek is really solid.

How's flashing speed with the micro USB plugged into the dongle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F87Source Click here to enlarge
    Yeah ecutek is really solid.

How's flashing speed with the micro USB plugged into the dongle?
    Comparable to everything else, about 1-2 minutes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Comparable to everything else, about 1-2 minutes
    That's awesome! I was worried it would be like k+ dcan speeds, when the F and G series can flash so much quicker via enet or the mhd black wifi adapter.