Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Blown Domestic muscle goes to Mexico - Stock and modified Hellcats vs. stock and modified C7 Z06's plus a modded second generation Cadillac CTS-V

A bunch of good runs here from Domestic muscle cars. We have Hellcats, C7 Z06's, and even a previous gen Cadillac CTS-V getting into the mix. The green Challenger Hellcat and the white C7 Z06 are stock. The rest of the cars in the video are modified examples.

Click here to enlarge

Let's start with the first run showing a stock C7 Z06 versus a Charger Hellcat with a pulley and 93 octane tune. The C7 Z06 gets the jump but the Charger impressively catches up and pulls up top. The car is a monster as which you see in the result where the Charger gets an even start with the Z06.

The next run features the stock automatic C7 Z06 against a stock green automatic Hellcat Challenger. The Z06 easily takes both runs. It is interesting to note the result is much different than when a manual Z06 took on an automatic Hellcat.

Now a modded C7 Z06 gets into the mix. The red Z06 has a tune, pulley swap, intake, and aftermarket headers. It first runs a 2009 CTS-V that features upgrades heads, a cam, pulleys, and an E85 tune. The CTS-V despite its heavier weight of roughly 700 pounds dominates the Z06.

Next up the modded Charger Hellcat and the modded CTS-V go at it. The CTS-V just destroys the Charger. It seemed like the Charger was in the wrong gear though as it gets annihilated.

The final matchup has this same Charger goes up against the modded red C7 Z06 the CTS-V also beat. They first go from a dig and the Charger takes the lead and the Z06 lets off. The run from a roll is much closer although the C7 Z06 edges as the Hellcat lets off. They go at it one last time and the Z06 opens a slight lead but the Charger pulls past it at higher speeds. It sure looks like it has the stronger top end.

Great runs from supercharged American V8's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Definitely some impressive runs. It's nice to see the difference between the stock and modded models. For perspective the CTSV in this video is the same caddie that slightly pulled on the well known orange (driver mod) Viper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pr3ci5n335i Click here to enlarge
    For perspective the CTSV in this video is the same caddie that slightly pulled on the well known orange (driver mod) Viper.
    If that's so it's the fastest CTS-V isn't it? Are you sure it's the same car? That car is supposed to trap 150+ not high 130's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If that's so it's the fastest CTS-V isn't it? Are you sure it's the same car? That car is supposed to trap 150+ not high 130's.
    This isn't the 150mph trap caddie that walks the Viper. This caddie runs 10.0 @138 and slightly pulls on the viper by maybe a car length.

I don't think there's a YouTube clip of the race but here's a link to the IG race posted (19 weeks ago so I'm not sure if the Viper has added mods since):
    https://instagram.com/p/7l55l0qv-x/
    Last edited by pr3ci5n335i; 01-26-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Record trap for a V is now at 162mph, but that is a TT car: http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/27-t...-96-162-a.html

Record on stock blower + nitrous is in the 155 ballpark. I think the record is low 140s on stock blower without juice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now how did a twin turbo CTS-V running 162 slip under my radar?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Now how did a twin turbo CTS-V running 162 slip under my radar?

Soft launch and running rich. Lot more left in it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Knocked it down to 8.83 @ 164.

They are shooting for an ultimate goal of sub 8 seconds at over 175MPH.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pr3ci5n335i Click here to enlarge
    This isn't the 150mph trap caddie that walks the Viper. This caddie runs 10.0 @138 and slightly pulls on the viper by maybe a car length.

I don't think there's a YouTube clip of the race but here's a link to the IG race posted (19 weeks ago so I'm not sure if the Viper has added mods since):
    https://instagram.com/p/7l55l0qv-x/
    Rarely do you get to see that orange Viper lose. That owner controls what gets out on the net very well and what cars he runs. Viper owner can definitely row the gears.