More 2017 Ford GT details

Updated 2017 Ford GT Details:

2,550 lbs
    720 HP
    1/4 Mile - 9.4 @ 170mph
    23mpg highway
    $599,695 Sticker

Click here to enlarge

Originally, Forza Motorsport 6 had stated the Ford GT would make 630 horsepower and 539 foot-pounds of torque, but per Ford the GT will make 720 horsepower, although no actual torque rating has yet been revealed.

The new American hypercar will weigh as low as 2,550 pounds and complete the standing quarter-mile in 9.4 seconds at 170 miles per hour, making it the quickest and fastest drag-racing production car in the world.

It reached a top speed of 203.48 mph at the Mulsanne Straight and 197.83 mph at the other Mulsanne side of Circuit de la Sarthe, which computes to an average top speed of 200.65 mph.

With 720 horsepower out of a 3.5-liter, twin-turbocharged 'EcoBoost' V6, the GT will possibly have the highest horsepower-per-liter ratio of any American production car.

The Ford GT will be available later this year with a manufacturer-suggested retail price of $599,695, which makes the GT the most expensive production car Ford will make.

http://autospies.com/news/Updated-20...way-MPG-87377/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Those specs are insane. Along with the price. But man that car is sexy
    2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Inline Walbro|VRSF 7"|Inlets|-sold
    1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|-sold
    2001|Chevrolet Camaro| T56 LS1| Bolt-ons| -Sold
    -I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Video of Ford GT entering "Race Mode"...McLaren P1 style.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those numbers are crazy impressive. But they also seem sort of odd. 170mph would likely result in a much faster elapsed time. Plus, even at 2,550lbs, it would take a lot more than 720 HP to reach 170mph.

Amazing car regardless.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Autospies will post whatever.

I'm going to do some research as those numbers sound off to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those numbers seem kinda strange, but wow $600k for a ford.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Unbelievable specs for the 2017 Ford GT - 2550 pound curb weight, 9.4@170 1/4 mile, 720 horsepower, $600k MSRP?

This all sounds too good to be true and is not verified by Ford. The internet is eating it up though and from our research a Google Plus account not associated with Ford is responsible for this hype. Is it coming from someone just trying to get attention?

Click here to enlarge

That would be our guess as the numbers are too outlandish to believe. How is the Ford GT running a 170 trap speed with 720 horsepower? Even if it does weigh the unbelievable 2550 pounds claimed?

A 150 trap speed is a best case scenario with those specs and 1000+ horsepower would be necessary for 170. Plus, a 170 trap speed is good for easily going deep into the 8's so someone seems to just be making this up. Basic math alone tells you that.

The $600k price may even be accurate but considering the rest of the numbers seem to be made up we would not put any stock in that either.

This is just someone guessing and trolling for attention. This happened earlier with video game specs posted as supposedly accurate as well and those numbers were not nearly as ambitious as these.

The Ford GT is going to be spectacular but do not expect any of the numbers you see here. Right now, only Ford knows the real details and they have yet to release them. Don't believe everything you read, especially on car sites.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I also don't get the talk about fuel efficiency. Who buys this car for good gas mileage? Perhaps if you're running an endurance race, but in that case I highly doubt you're going to see excellent gas mileage in boost and high RPMs for hours.

-Rich

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The weight and 170mph trap speed seems very optimistic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DaZuc Click here to enlarge
    Those numbers seem kinda strange, but wow $600k for a ford.
    Whats wrong...Ford can't built a world class hypercar?

$600k for a carbon monocoque chassis, carbon body, active aero, P1 style active suspension, hand built by Multimatic.

This thing makes the last gen model look like it is from the stone age.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Considering what an Aventador Superveloce costs and how no modern Lamborghini (or Ferrari) holds its value anywhere near the Ford GT you can even consider the car an investment.

Ford can beat anyone in the world. They proved it when they sent Ferrari packing from Le Mans decades ago. There is no reason they can't price themselves like the best and the GT depending on its final price point may even be the best value at that price point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Considering what an Aventador Superveloce costs and how no modern Lamborghini (or Ferrari) holds its value anywhere near the Ford GT you can even consider the car an investment.

Ford can beat anyone in the world. They proved it when they sent Ferrari packing from Le Mans decades ago. There is no reason they can't price themselves like the best and the GT depending on its final price point may even be the best value at that price point.
    That is a good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Enfiftyfore Click here to enlarge
    That is a good point.
    I know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the money, I still think that there are much better options. The GT, in my opinion, is a novelty vehicle. Of course we'll have to see what the actual performance numbers are but I have been a skeptic from the beginning. One thing is for sure, 9.4 is complete bullsh*t.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the money, I still think that there are much better options. The GT, in my opinion, is a novelty vehicle. Of course we'll have to see what the actual performance numbers are but I have been a skeptic from the beginning. One thing is for sure, 9.4 is complete bullsh*t.
    What are the better options?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are the better options?
    For the same tax bracket, 918, P1, LaFerrari, and Aventador SV like you said.

In a less wealthy tax bracket, the C7 Z06 is by far the best bang for your buck. As a comparison, it is well into the 10's and sub 7 minute Ring run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the same tax bracket, 918, P1, LaFerrari, and Aventador SV like you said.

In a less wealthy tax bracket, the C7 Z06 is by far the best bang for your buck. As a comparison, it is well into the 10's and sub 7 minute Ring run.
    Those cars are all twice the price though if not more at this point.

I mean, sure, if you can afford $600k what's another $600k but that still is double the money. It's not chump change even at that level.

The C7 Z06 is not comparable to this car. This car is on another level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is why I said tax bracket. Anyone who is going to buy (can afford) a Ford GT probably already owns one of the other vehicles listed or something similar.

How can you say the C7Z isn't comparable? You are going off of pure speculative information and until it (The Ford) hits the streets and tracks, you can't really say that. Empirical evidence proves that the C7Z is a $#@!ing monster. It IS literally comparable to everything else that I listed at literally 1/10th the price. I am by NO means a corvette fanboy or American vehicle fanboy but the new C7Z is extremely impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How can you say the C7Z isn't comparable? You are going off of pure speculative information
    Easily.

First of all, the Ford GT is more advanced than the C7Z and won't suffer from the same heat soak issues caused by GM choosing an undersized blower. The Ford GT also has more weight on the rear wheels and will be able to put its power down more effectively out of corners.

It's a superior design right off the bat.

Empirical evidence proves that the C7Z is a $#@!ing monster. It IS literally comparable to everything else that I listed at literally 1/10th the price. I am by NO means a corvette fanboy or American vehicle fanboy but the new C7Z is extremely impressive.
    The Viper ACR chews the Z06 up and spits it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Easily.

First of all, the Ford GT is more advanced than the C7Z and won't suffer from the same heat soak issues caused by GM choosing an undersized blower. The Ford GT also has more weight on the rear wheels and will be able to put it power down more effectively out of corners.

It's a superior design right off the bat.
    We'll see how superior it is when it's on the road.

[/QUOTE]The Viper ACR chews the Z06 up and spits it out.[/QUOTE]

That is true. Just another example of a tenth-of-the-price car that performs comparably to million dollar hyper cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'll see how superior it is when it's on the road.
    Yes we will.