Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question about tires ('12 C63 coupe)

I'm going in tomorrow to get new tires. The guy said they have the 245's and 265's in stock for my 18's (oem), but needed to check with a tech to see if that's ok to put on the car. Do I need spacers to run those tires? I saw on other posts about people running 255's front and 275's back but there was no mention of a spacer, so I'm just making sure. Second, if the tech says no, what/how do I convince them to do it for me anyway? It's the Catonsville Mercedes dealer, if anyone is around the Baltimore, MD area. Thanks
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why wouldn't they be ok? That's the OEM size.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine came with 235's and 255's....?

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's right my bad yes you'll be fine.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok cool, thanks! Click here to enlarge Thanks again stick

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you could probably save a few bucks if you have a tirerack quote with you... or just order from tirerack and have anyone install.

i bought 4 new michelins for the lexus not too long ago, mechanic was an old family friend, business had been slow. i knew he gave me a bad price but decided to let him have it since he's hitting a wall. ungrateful bastard gave me attitude the entire time and even took my car for a joyride.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn that sucks...I hate when people take advantage. I would but I need to drive, and I one of my tires has a hole in it. I have to get the tires replaced ASAP. Missed 2 days of work already :\ or I would go with PSS's instead of the OEM contisportcontact... next time boys...next time

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look for a shop that has touchless tire mounting machine. Discount Tire scuffed mine up - said someone would come out to repair it and never heard from them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, I got my tires on. If you guys ever need a SA at a Benz dealer at Benz of Catonsville/Baltimore, find Juan Ayala. He's a cool ass dude. He special ordered me PSS's and got them put on in one day. He hooked me up on pricing and was a nice dude to talk to. Either way, great experience and would recommend to everyone who is in the area and needs an SA. I need to go in at some point and get my rims redone because of some unfortunate curb rash avoiding a drunk girl. I love the extra grip, I don't know if it's the tires or the extra width. Love em and the experience. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    So, I got my tires on. If you guys ever need a SA at a Benz dealer at Benz of Catonsville/Baltimore, find Juan Ayala. He's a cool ass dude. He special ordered me PSS's and got them put on in one day. He hooked me up on pricing and was a nice dude to talk to. Either way, great experience and would recommend to everyone who is in the area and needs an SA. I need to go in at some point and get my rims redone because of some unfortunate curb rash avoiding a drunk girl. I love the extra grip, I don't know if it's the tires or the extra width. Love em and the experience. Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff, I have the Michelin PSS, great tire (on my 996TTS) and have Contis on my 540i, the PSS rock
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't like the pss on my n54 but i can see them really being good on an awd sports car due to the increased straight line traction the awd would provide.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I don't like the pss on my n54 but i can see them really being good on an awd sports car due to the increased straight line traction the awd would provide.
    My car's not AWD....?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    totally agree sidewalls are to soft for serious road carving my c63 isn't to light so it would roll of on the sidewalls. I put on the Michelin a/s'3 which is basically an all season pss great for the winter and had good cold road grip. Now on r888's totally different game in grip and especially sidewall strength car feels like it's on rails

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car's not AWD....?
    sorry i was responding to group america, my bad... @ezec63 mirrors my thoughts exatly though.. i think people who really push their cars say the same about the pss others seem to love them. And r888s do not get anywhere near the love they deserve again bc theyre only going to be appreciated by those who really push their car.

i love my conti DWS tires i have now though... all around best tire ive ever had. Last forever, got me home without any problem in numerous snow storms in NY this year up to a 8 inches of unplowed snow and dead hook in second with my RB turbos and 500tq... cant beat them. I would only get DWS's and r888s so that would be my recommendation for you too on your c63
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, I like my PSS's so far, but I haven't really pushed the car, it's also been really warm and dry lately in MD. I do really need some good all season tires because if it snows I'll need some good contact so I don't die. Maybe next time, I'll get some DWS's or R888's...I'll have to ask next time I get tires. I don't really carve in my car though, there aren't any tracks around here and I don't like to drive recklessly (not saying you do) on streets so.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sorry i was responding to group america, my bad... @ezec63 mirrors my thoughts exatly though.. i think people who really push their cars say the same about the pss others seem to love them. And r888s do not get anywhere near the love they deserve again bc theyre only going to be appreciated by those who really push their car.

i love my conti DWS tires i have now though... all around best tire ive ever had. Last forever, got me home without any problem in numerous snow storms in NY this year up to a 8 inches of unplowed snow and dead hook in second with my RB turbos and 500tq... cant beat them. I would only get DWS's and r888s so that would be my recommendation for you too on your c63
    Totally agree here !! If your going to get something a bit soft might as well go with an extreme performance all season tire. The A/S 3 is the new kid on the block the DWS has always been king of that category of tire but it seems like the A/S 3 is a good amount better in the dry/wet. Its been tested against summer tires and gripped with some of the best in the max performance class in the dry test while besting all tires including DWS in the wet. Only downside is snow its deff not terrible like a true summer tire but the DWS has a good amount more grip because of the aggressive tread pattern. I put DWS on my fiancés S5 and they are deff amazing tires just don't have the crisp turn in / ultimate dry grip of the A/S 3 on my c63. Maybe try them out next year Click here to enlarge Cold dry grip is AMAZING

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hmm, I like my PSS's so far, but I haven't really pushed the car, it's also been really warm and dry lately in MD. I do really need some good all season tires because if it snows I'll need some good contact so I don't die. Maybe next time, I'll get some DWS's or R888's...I'll have to ask next time I get tires. I don't really carve in my car though, there aren't any tracks around here and I don't like to drive recklessly (not saying you do) on streets so.
    If that's the case DO NOT get r888's they are DOT competition tires that will wear out quickly. I recommend them for people who drive the car hard / track occasionally the grip is on another planet but it doesn't seem you will take advantage of it & just end up wearing them out fast for no reason. As I said before look into the Michelin A/S 3's they are a tire you will put on and not have to change for the seasons. They are significantly sharper then the DWS in the dry a bit better in the rain and a bit worse in the snow. Honestly c63 isn't the car for the winter and if you are serious about driving it thru the winter and the crazy storms for your safety nothing competes with pure winter tires.

Is the c63 your daily?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes my C63 is my daily, and I do know the car isn't made for snow. I won't drive that much in the coming 4 years because I'll be in school and I live 3 blocks from school. I probably won't be driving in snow much. I'll look into different tires when I replace them again.

Click here to enlarge