Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Lamborghini Aventador vs BMW M6 PP-Performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Stock Lamborghini Aventador versus a PP-Performance Stage 2 Tuned F13 M6 standing mile drag race with trap speed figures

Epic race here and one that you do not see every day. On one side you have a completely stock Lamborghini Aventador. A very fast car right off the floor as it should be for hundreds of thousands of dollars. It sends 691 horsepower to all four wheels from its 6.5 liter naturally aspirated V12. Squaring off against it is the F13 BMW M6 with the twin turbo 4.4 liter S63TU V8. This car is tuned by PP-Performance and it is nice to finally have some solid numbers from a PP-Performance tuned M6.

Click here to enlarge

You may recall some previous video of PP-Performance tuned M6's in action showing the M6 completely destroying some very strong cars. For example an LP-560 Gallardo just getting annihilated. BimmerBoost speculated that the PP-Performance tune should realistically bring the M6 up to the 130 mile per hour trap speed range.

So how did the car do here against the Aventador? It went 130.5 miles per hour in the 1/4 mile 182.15 miles per hour in the mile. That sounds exactly like what it should do and is very respectable performance. The Aventador went 133.46 miles per hour in the 1/4 mile and 190.264 in the mile. This also sounds like exactly what the Aventador should do.

There is a second run video showing the Aventador running alone and the numbers are virtually identical. It sure looks like the timing equipment used seems to be better calibrated or at least more accurate that it has been in previous events.

Very well done video and great results all around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That aventador sounds AMAZING! You can't even hear the m6... I miss the v10Click here to enlarge it may not be quite as fast, but you could hear it coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Omg omg omg. This reinstills my confidence in bmw. Minor bolt m6 right behind an aventador. Love it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Aventador is one sick looking car! Man....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Omg omg omg. This reinstills my confidence in bmw. Minor bolt m6 right behind an aventador. Love it.
    Yep. The M6 does pretty well.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The Lambo has a Capristo exhaust, hence why they claim it to have 730hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy shet.....that's F*cking fast. I knew PP had something going on there. I love this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Holy shet.....that's F*cking fast. I knew PP had something going on there. I love this.
    It's fast but not as fast as some videos made it out to be. It's right where it should be.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped