Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

GPS performance measuring software

We all know about the Vbox and so forth but there was a link posted a while back I can't find to performance software for your iphone or android device.

I have an interesting idea and I'm trying to find this software again.

So, if you guys know any performance software for your phone link me to it and hopefully I'll run across what I'm looking for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Torque pro is for android and Idk about Iphone yet. I just got one and funny I'm in the app section looking for one but Iphones are so gay.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like dynolicious is for Iphones..
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a vbox app in the App Store for iPhones.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vbox...610418083?mt=8

dont see it in the play store.
    Last edited by alpinedevil335; 12-08-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    looks like dynolicious is for Iphones..
    I think this is the one I was thinking of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks like you need a VBOX Sport to use the app :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you need a VBOX Sport to use the app :/
    LOL why would I want vbox app when I have it infront of me. Gotta love them
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think cell phones are accurate enough for performance testing. I mean, a VBox is a very compact, one dimensional tool, which ensures accuracy while your cell phone is basically a phone + computer (email, social networking, apps) in one small device
    2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG (W213)

Eurocharged Canada Stage 1 ECU, TCU and CPC Tune

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I don't think cell phones are accurate enough for performance testing. I mean, a VBox is a very compact, one dimensional tool, which ensures accuracy while your cell phone is basically a phone + computer (email, social networking, apps) in one small device
    Nobody is debating this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the typical sampling rate of the GPS in mobile phones compared to the 20hz VBOX?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    LOL why would I want vbox app when I have it infront of me. Gotta love them
    It's for the "Sport" unit which has no display.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    What is the typical sampling rate of the GPS in mobile phones compared to the 20hz VBOX?
    I think the iphone is only 1hz. I use a 10hz bluetooth GPS receiver to get more accurate numbers when using Harry's Lap Timer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My uncle used dynolicious to base run all the performance cars in his shop. He'd do a base run then add all the performance adders and then do another run. It works to showing gains and approximate increases. I wouldn't bet the world on a 10$ Iphone app. But it did do its job in showing gains. 1/4 mile times were off and it's kinda hard to get on it when it says Go. Because theres no tree or nothing it just goes Red to Green on the Go!