Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

335i: M3 Sways for 350$?

Hey everyone,

A local buddy of mine is selling used M3 Sway bars + installation hardware (5k miles on them) for $350. I would have access to a lift and his assistance in installing these and my downpipes.

Is it worth it for a street-only ride? Are the M3 sways too stiff and will cause unwanted oversteer? Yay or nay? Experience?

Thanks!
    -E
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've heard the E93 M3 front bar is a good upgrade, might throw one on sooner or later. I believe the rear sway bar is a bit of a PITA, have to drop the rear subframe IIRC. IF you decide to do the rear, might as well do subframe bushings and a dif lockdown kit while you are at, and save yourself from paying labor twice.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I've heard the E93 M3 front bar is a good upgrade, might throw one on sooner or later. I believe the rear sway bar is a bit of a PITA, have to drop the rear subframe IIRC. IF you decide to do the rear, might as well do subframe bushings and a dif lockdown kit while you are at, and save yourself from paying labor twice.
    Solid advice.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I have an E92 M3 front sway on my 1er and it doesn't feel bad in any way, i can imagine for the 3ers an E93 sway could be appropriate given the added size and mass.

the rear is very very much not viable value on it's own if you have to FULLY drop the RSB due to the many hundreds of dollars in labour (6-8 hours?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So is it safe to say, that for a street car it's overkill to do the rear?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought the rear was only a good idea if you had a LSD???
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tagging along to this....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Subbed, I heard stiffer diff bushings will created way more NVT than desired, but please correct me if I'm wrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Front and rear sway bars were one of my first mods even before coilovers. Felt amazing on the street.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did the m3 sways after my lsd and would advise against the m3 rear bar without a proper lsd. I did mine by myself it can be done on lift without dropping the entire subframe. what was a pita for me was tighning the swaybar brackets down. You drive normally on the street with no issue but try taking a fast turn with the m3 bar and no lsd= bad day PS $350 is a good deal for both bars and hardware
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.