Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Post Attack on Willow Springs Raceway II (Big Track)

Attack on Willow Springs Raceway II (Big Track)

A big thank you to Extreme Speed Track Events for putting on the "Attack on Willow Springs Raceway" event last month. They will be hosting another event on February 3, 2013 for us but this time on the 2.5 mile "Big Track" at Willow Springs. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for what goes on in a HPDE (High Performance Drivers Education) event.

Click here to enlarge

When:
    February 03, 2013
    Sunday 8:00AM

Where:
    Willow Springs Raceway
    3500 75th Street West
    Rosamond, CA 93560

Entrance Fee:
    $10/person gate fee (charged by Willow Springs Raceway).

___________________ EVENT SIGN-UP ___________________
    If you are interested in attending please reply to this thread with the year/make/model of your vehicle.
    By signing up you'll be getting:
    - Free limited time lead-follow session on track behind an instructor. (DOT approved helmet required, rentals will be available at the track).
    - Free raffle ticket for a chance to win over $500 in prizes (track days, shirts, digital tire pressure gauges, etc.).
    NOTE: This event is not a "free" track day. To run the track the whole day you'll need to buy a track session (see Track Rental Info below).

________________ EVENT E-MAIL NOTIFICATION ________________
    Send an e-mail to [email protected] to be included in the e-mail notification list.

__________________ TRACK RENTAL INFO __________________
    If you want to register to run the track the whole day (includes free timing, free lunch, free basic instructions, and free raffle drawing) with Extreme Speed Track Events please e-mail me at w203fan@gmail for details on getting a discount.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm, will try and get the day off.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the tip, enjoy the event guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    _______________________________ EVENT E-MAIL REMINDER _______________________________
    PM me or e-mail [email protected] if you would like to receive e-mail reminder about the event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ATTENTION: Extreme Speed Track Events is offering limited free sessions of autocrossing to our event, this is in addition to the limited free lead-follow sessions.

Extreme Speed Track Events is also offering us huge discounts to run the whole day at the "Big Track", e-mail [email protected] for details.

To sign-up for the event just reply to this thread.

Event sign-up as of 01/11/13:
    10' EVO X
    02' A4 Quattro
    06' 350Z
    06' Impreza
    08' A5
    10' Cobalt SS
    06' Noble M400
    06' Murcielago
    04' Murcielago
    08' CL65
    98' Corvette
    08' 535i
    97' Viper RT/10
    13' Porsche TTS
    08' Porsche GT2
    02' CLK55
    01' Integra GSR JDM
    98' CLK320
    04' G35
    07' Mustang GT/CS
    08' Mustang Shelby GT
    10' 370Z
    97' NSX
    11' A4
    08' M5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm in 100% when and where do I pay you brotha.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm in 100% when and where do I pay you brotha.
    PMed you the discount rate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just completely fried my stock brakes at Big Willow last Saturday at SpeedVentures. Now I need to hobble along until my BBK arrives later in January. I'd love to go but I'm probably a game-time decision.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
    Just completely fried my stock brakes at Big Willow last Saturday at SpeedVentures. Now I need to hobble along until my BBK arrives later in January. I'd love to go but I'm probably a game-time decision.
    What BBK did you buy and who are you going through?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What BBK did you buy and who are you going through?
    What's up Sticky.

I ordered the Stop Tech 6-piston front (380mm) and 4 piston rear (365mm). Red calipers with cross-drilled rotors, pads and SS lines. Malek @ MRF Engineering got me a better price than the forum sponsors - $5K even (no shipping or tax) and will do a fantastic install like he does everything else.

It was a few grand cheaper than the equivalent Brembos and it's much easier to change pads with the Stop Techs (need to remove the entire caliper to change pads on the Brembos) and there are a lot more pad options with the Stop Tech's as well. Seems like a no brainer for someone more interested in "Go" than "Show"...acknowledging the Brembos may look better.

The Stop Tech rears are also lighter than the stock brakes and so as you know less unsprung weight will help acceleration as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's up Sticky.

I ordered the Stop Tech 6-piston front (380mm) and 4 piston rear (365mm). Red calipers with cross-drilled rotors, pads and SS lines. Malek @ MRF Engineering got me a better price than the forum sponsors - $5K even (no shipping or tax) and will do a fantastic install like he does everything else.

It was a few grand cheaper than the equivalent Brembos and it's much easier to change pads with the Stop Techs (need to remove the entire caliper to change pads on the Brembos) and there are a lot more pad options with the Stop Tech's as well. Seems like a no brainer for someone more interested in "Go" than "Show"...acknowledging the Brembos may look better.

The Stop Tech rears are also lighter than the stock brakes and so as you know less unsprung weight will help acceleration as well.

AFAIK, the stoptechs bite harder than the brembos as well. Going by what one of my friends said on his M3.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    AFAIK, the stoptechs bite harder than the brembos as well. Going by what one of my friends said on his M3.
    I dunno but that would be awesome! I was only hoping the StopTech's would provide equal braking power and more importantly, equal heat dissipation as the Brembo's for less $$$...which is the biggest benefit of the BBK at the track. With my pathetic stock single caliper brakes, I warped the rotors at each track event and had to pay a few hundo$$ to cut them true each time. Now I have no more to cut...so it's on to the BBK. Click here to enlarge Weren't you at Big Willow in late December as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's up Sticky.

No worries as long as you got the best deal and are happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno but that would be awesome! I was only hoping the StopTech's would provide equal braking power and more importantly, equal heat dissipation as the Brembo's for less $$$...which is the biggest benefit of the BBK at the track. With my pathetic stock single caliper brakes, I warped the rotors at each track event and had to pay a few hundo$$ to cut them true each time. Now I have no more to cut...so it's on to the BBK. Click here to enlarge Weren't you at Big Willow in late December as well?

Yes of course, It should at least be better than stock that's for sure. I know it will be near the BBK if not better than it. I wasn't at the one in december :/ couldn't get the day off.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How many spots are still open? I would like to attend with my C BS but will be a last minute decision based on if mods at Weistec are completed or not. Love the Big track, been out there with my CLK BS once.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    How many spots are still open? I would like to attend with my C BS but will be a last minute decision based on if mods at Weistec are completed or not. Love the Big track, been out there with my CLK BS once.

This is my last update for the event, we're less than 1 week out. If you have any questions/concerns please e-mail me at [email protected]

For those who want to run the track for $90 (regular price is $140) and this includes free basic instructions, free lunch, free raffle drawing, and free timing please use discount code willow33. Out of 90 spots 52 are taken, grab them while you can!