Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Tuned C63 vs e60 M5 Dinan 5

Before this turns into a flame war between AMG and //M I am looking to become more informed about BMW and Dinan.

As I was cruising the highway I came behind a e60 M5 with Dinan 5 on the back of the car. I could hear a custom exhaust and figured I would find an open area to see what he's got.

Sure enough, he felt must have felt the same way. I waited until we had some distance in front of us before the next group of cars.

As soon as I hear him open it up I laid down on the gas and off we went at about 40mph. I started pulling on him right away with 3/4 car length lead and knew it was no contest because we were running out of room so we both slowed down.

I'm curious to know if we had enough room how the car would have responded. Would he have begun pulling at higher speeds? I've tried to look up this Dinan 5, but can't find any real information about it.

Other than the Eurocharged tune I have AFE Pro Dry S filters and charcoal delete. My guess is I'm right about 400-410 rwhp.

I'd love to find this guy where there is no traffic and plenty of room to move (like in Mexico) and see two the two cars compare. He got off on an earlier exit and never looked my way so not able to give thumbs up or anything.

Btw, I have actually considered picking up a 2013 550xi for the winters and I hear that thing is a nice little sleeper. I'd love to see my current car race the 550xi with a tune. If anyone knows of any videos, please post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im not sure. thats a good question actually

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the M5's definetly shine up top, thats their strong point..but Dinan is known for being overpriced and underpowered..its kinda hard to tell what the M5 has just by the Dinan badge, but if you have a tune and filters, and the M5 has an exhuast only..it would have probally been a good race with you pulling on him low end, and the M5 starting to reel you in after 100mph..but I could be wrong..I know some people like Dinan, I personally do not..like I said..the parts are overpriced imo and dont give as much hp gains as some of the other aftermarket companies out there which are also cheaper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, I really wish the guy would have pulled next to me so I could ask him what he had done to his car. Too bad we weren't driving a deserted highway in Mexico. Click here to enlarge