Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ So you helped me by showing the 6 is lighter than the 5 and the CL as I already stated?
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ So you helped me by showing the 6 is lighter than the 5 and the CL as I already stated?
    THIS

E550 coupe 3773 lbs vs 6 series 4277 lbs
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Compare the E550 Coupe to the M3 now, far more logical considering the E550 shares so much with the C and is a CLK replacement.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not logical. The M3 is a performance variant of a 3 series. Your logic is insulting.

E550 shares so much with the C and is a CLK replacement.
    The E Class Coupe is 60% E class Sedan

Compare the E550 Coupe to the M3
    M3 will be comparable to the upcoming C63 coupe.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not logical. The M3 is a performance variant of a 3 series. Your logic is insulting.
    It doesn't matter if it is a performance variant it is also more upscale and compares favorably with the E550 which is the logical competitor. Not only monetarily, but with weight, and also with the platform it is based on. E550 being partially C based makes sense with the M3 that is 3 based.

The E Class Coupe is 60% E class Sedan
    Yep, and 40% C.

M3 will be comparable to the upcoming C63 coupe.
    Absolutely, and 40% of it will be comparable with the E550, right? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It doesn't matter if it is a performance variant it is also more upscale and compares favorably with the E550 which is the logical competitor. Not only monetarily, but with weight, and also with the platform it is based on. E550 being partially C based makes sense with the M3 that is 3 based.
    The previous Chrysler 300 shared 40% with the E-Class and it didn't make it a Mercedes Benz.

Absolutely, and 40% of it will be comparable with the E550, right? Click here to enlarge
    This make your logic even more stupid since you have stated multiple times that a e class coupe is comparable to a 6 series coupe.

It doesn't make sense that now you try to pin it against the M3.

It seem you are having trouble understanding that no BMW is comparable to the E-Class Coupe.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The CL is so much bigger than the 6, not even close. And to get performance you need to spend the crazy money on the CL65, because the CL63 just isn't gonna cut it unless you want to get into mods. I was interested in the CL63 prior to the M6, but it was nearly priced like a Continental GT and wasn't enough of a performance car for me. The CL65 was out of my league.

I think the 6 fits a nice gap but it makes it hard to compare things against it since there isn't a lot of direct competition. Like when Top Gear put the M6 against the 911 C2S and the AMV8. That was a weird comparison in terms of specs and capabilities, but they were all similarly priced.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    What does not make sense is Nissan gets the GTR to handle so well with its weight why is the 6 so poor comparatively?
    An incredible AWD system coupled with an amazing active handling system, rear mounted transaxle, tires made of superglue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The previous Chrysler 300 shared 40% with the E-Class and it didn't make it a Mercedes Benz.
    I don't see how this is applicable? The E-coupe is essentially a CLK replacement with a carry over of C parts. Mercedes is trying to portray it as an E even though much of it is based on the C. That makes whatever line you are trying to draw all the more difficult.

This make your logic even more stupid since you have stated multiple times that a e class coupe is comparable to a 6 series coupe.

It doesn't make sense that now you try to pin it against the M3.

It seem you are having trouble understanding that no BMW is comparable to the E-Class Coupe.
    The M3 is the closest competitor based on price and weight but the E is positioned in the hierarchy closer to the 6 since it is a natural 5 competitor. The 6 uses all 5 series drivetrain components and once again a 5 coupe would just be a 6.

The E550 coupe can honestly be compared to either since it is almost half C and half E but it depends on your comparison criteria. My logic is sound, there are instances where the M3 makes more sense and instances where the 6 makes more sense. Mercedes themselves positioned the E in the middle with parts from both the C and the E. Maybe you are missing it isn't clear cut but what is clear is the M3 meets much of your criteria and already exists.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't see how this is applicable? The E-coupe is essentially a CLK replacement with a carry over of C parts. Mercedes is trying to portray it as an E even though much of it is based on the C. That makes whatever line you are trying to draw all the more difficult.

The M3 is the closest competitor based on price and weight but the E is positioned in the hierarchy closer to the 6 since it is a natural 5 competitor. The 6 uses all 5 series drivetrain components and once again a 5 coupe would just be a 6.

The E550 coupe can honestly be compared to either since it is almost half C and half E but it depends on your comparison criteria. My logic is sound, there are instances where the M3 makes more sense and instances where the 6 makes more sense. Mercedes themselves positioned the E in the middle with parts from both the C and the E. Maybe you are missing it isn't clear cut but what is clear is the M3 meets much of your criteria and already exists.

Ilogical. The E Class Sedan is not a coupe. How does 60% of a sedan makes it comparable to a coupe and the other 40% of mid class sedan makes it comparable to a performance coupe (M3 coupe)

Completely moronic.

The E class coupe is not comparable to a M3. Please go to another forum and post this so I can laugh.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ilogical. The E Class Sedan is not a coupe. How does 60% of a sedan makes it comparable to a coupe and the other 40% of mid class sedan makes it comparable to a performance coupe (M3 coupe)

Completely moronic.

The E class coupe is not comparable to a M3. Please go to another forum and post this so I can laugh.
    The E-class sedan is still positioned against the 5, completely logical.

The C is positioned against the 3, is it not? So if the E-class coupe replaces the CLK and has parts from the C as well E while being more readily comparable price, performance, and weight wise with the M3 than with the 6 why is that comparison "moronic" to you? It is very logical.

The E-class coupe can be compared to the M3. It can also be compared to the 6. I think the way things are set up now the M3 comparison makes more sense based on the criteria listed earlier. The E550 is positioned much like the CLK was. What's funny is that you do not see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The plan originally was to name coupes with one up number to the sedans based on the example of 5 and 6. However, when the time came to rename 3 coupe to be 4, they did not come through with it since 3 coupe has a long heritage of being 3 rather than 4. So now if you have 335i you really don't know what it is... it can be either sedan or coupe. E.g. 545i vs 645i is the easy way to differentiate sedan and coupe.

Since they did not pull through their different numbering for sedans and coupes, they have now different naming for 3 and 5. Trying to rename 6 to be 5 coupe could be tried to get to the homogeneous system with 3, but then again, the heritage is having 5 and 6 separate rather than renaming 6 to be 5 coupe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can kinda see the M3 argument, but it isn't a vehicle everyone. It has become more of a GT car.

Anyways, I was talking more about a midrange coupe/vert sold with a 6-cylinder and 8-cylinder, like the 5-series and E-class.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I can kinda see the M3 argument, but it isn't a vehicle everyone. It has become more of a GT car.

Anyways, I was talking more about a midrange coupe/vert sold with a 6-cylinder and 8-cylinder, like the 5-series and E-class.
    Exactly
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see some bad information here
    W212 is completely based on stretched C-Class platform (not E-Class platfrom) ,it goes somewhere between 3 series and 6 series. new C Coupe is 3 series rival not E coupe
    F12 6 series has no rival from Audi or Mercedes , some people think 6's class includes SL or CL which is a %100 wrong idea
    6 series is exactly a 5 series coupe/cabrio , same platfrom , except Cabrio chassis is a little different.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    THIS

if you want to compare E550 to 6 series , compare it to 6 series coupe not 6 series convertible

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    if you want to compare E550 to 6 series , compare it to 6 series coupe not 6 series convertible
    Messed up there. Then you post the weight if you are calling me out. You didn't help at all...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    W212 is completely based on stretched C-Class platform (not E-Class platfrom)
    True . The Chassis is the same as the C Class. The rest is E class. So it is not correct to call it a platform.

it goes somewhere between 3 series and 6 series. new C Coupe is 3 series rival not E coupe
    F12 6 series has no rival from Audi or Mercedes
    Correct the 6 series has no rival. The E class coupe 350 and 550 do have the A5 and S5 as rivals.

6 series is exactly a 5 series coupe/cabrio , same platfrom , except Cabrio chassis is a little different.
    The price difference is just abysmal between the 5 and the 6
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i don't know , since my E64 is 600lbs heavier than E63 i say it's about 3700. of course it's just a hint because BMW still said nothing about new 6 coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i don't know , since my E64 is 600lbs heavier than E63 i say it's about 3700. of course it's just a hint because BMW still said nothing about new 6 coupe
    It must be 4000 or more since the new car has way more tech and driving assist gadgets. Not to mention the new crash BS equipment.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to mention the new crash BS equipment
    Exactly. all we need is strong brakes , seatbelts(optional) and that's it , everything else should be thrown away

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge

More like a GT car was my argument, it isn't that boy racer image people used to associate with it. It has gotten bigger, more luxurious, and more comfortable.

There really isn't as much room in the lineup because of the M3. The 6 still starts in the 80's, the cab is in the 90's. With the M3 being in the 70's where is the space or how does it make sense?

Are we saying the 6 is now a high end coupe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see some bad information here
    W212 is completely based on stretched C-Class platform (not E-Class platfrom) ,it goes somewhere between 3 series and 6 series. new C Coupe is 3 series rival not E coupe
    F12 6 series has no rival from Audi or Mercedes , some people think 6's class includes SL or CL which is a %100 wrong idea
    This is exactly what has been said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More like a GT car was my argument, it isn't that boy racer image people used to associate with it. It has gotten bigger, more luxurious, and more comfortable.

There really isn't as much room in the lineup because of the M3. The 6 still starts in the 80's, the cab is in the 90's. With the M3 being in the 70's where is the space or how does it make sense?
    That doesn't make sense. Thats like saying that there shouldn't be a E550 because there is a C63.

Are we saying the 6 is now a high end coupe?
    Yes. The 6 is worth Vantage or XKR money now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That doesn't make sense. Thats like saying that there shouldn't be a E550 because there is a C63.
    There is a some overlap there.

Yes. The 6 is worth Vantage or XKR money now.
    So the 3 moves further upscale as well and the 1 now occupies the area the 3 used to. Seems BMW slid everything progressively.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345