Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

True kill story...with a bit of a twist!

So, for this story we have to go back to August, 2007. See - that is when I picked up my new 2007 Infiniti G35X. After a month, I had about 1200 miles on it. I live in Superior, Colorado, and I pulled up to a light on Rock Creek Parkway...next to me slinks up a 335i coupe. OK - I'm going to go for it I figure.

Light turns green, we both punch it. I immediately leap a whole car length ahead, but by the time second gear rolls around, he freakin' streaks by and leaves me in the dust!

Now, I've had the car for just a month, but right then and there after losing that badly I resolve to get myself a turbocharged BMW for my next car. LOL - welcome to 2010 and my new '11 BMW 335i X!

He beat me solidly because here in Colorado we are 1 mile above sea level, where I lose 20% of my normally aspirated engine HP...his twin turbos were a huge advantage.

And let me say, the G35X pulls hard, but here at altitude when the twinscroll turbo kicks in on the BMW, you immediately notice the advantage. In my garage, I state my next project will be a BMS JB for the N55...the wife thinks I'm insane, but everyone on this board is on my side, right? Click here to enlarge

Anyways - if you are that guy in Superior and you are on this board and remember that race - thanks for the inspiration for my current car LOL!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hahah! Good for you man, have fun with your new toy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lmao, that was a good story. not too long and stupid got right to the point! i'm glad you joined this crew. congrats adn keep us posted
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh, sometimes getting beat badly is a good thing.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped