Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ferrari 488 Pista vs. tuned Porsche 991.2 Turbo S cabriolet drag and rolling races

Now, it is great to see these two high end turbocharged sports cars go at it but really a 911 Turbo S coupe would be the car you want to compare to the Pista if you can not get your hands on a GT2 RS. The Turbo S convertible is the heaviest 911 money can buy.

Click here to enlarge

We are hungry for independent Pista content so here we are.

The Pista is stock but it is lighter and it does send its power to the rear wheels. It is a roughly ~140 trap car stock meaning a bolt on tuned 991.2 Turbo S should give it a good run.

The Turbo S gets the lead off the line thanks to all wheel drive but the Pista runs its down.

Thankfully these guys do a roll on after the drag race. The roll race is closer which it should not be. Regardless, the 488 Pista wins again.

If you have a 991 Turbo and want to play with a Pista make sure you upgrade your turbochargers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Porsche needs a better tune and mods. That car should do 145 in a 1/4. Stock Pista wont stand a chance.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The Porsche needs a better tune and mods. That car should do 145 in a 1/4. Stock Pista wont stand a chance.
    I think 145 is way optimistic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just goes to show all tunes are not created Equal, that 991 should of slaughtered that pista in a 1/4 mile on an airstrip especially with that holeshot

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markblackwell Click here to enlarge
    just goes to show all tunes are not created Equal, that 991 should of slaughtered that pista in a 1/4 mile on an airstrip especially with that holeshot
    I find it hard to believe a tune only 991 Turbo could take a Pista let alone slaughter it unless you have evidence otherwise.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Slaughter might not of been the word I should have used but a bolt on tuned 991.2 should run 145mph all day long I agree with Payam. That pista from a dig on an airstrip should not come close to the 991.2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markblackwell Click here to enlarge
    but a bolt on tuned 991.2 should run 145mph all day long I agree with Payam
    I haven't seen bolt on results that good for the 991. Maybe the 991.2 can do it?
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen bolt on results that good for the 991. Maybe the 991.2 can do it?
    Definitely! The 991.2 TTS has larger turbos vs the 991.1 TTS. I trapped 137mph with my stock turbos barely peaking 20 psi. I think I could have done 140mph if I pushed it a bit more.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I trapped 137mph with my stock turbos barely peaking 20 psi. I think I could have done 140mph if I pushed it a bit more.
    137 to 145 is a big jump.

I'd love to see 145 for a bolt on 991 trust me but I haven't seen it. I mean that would put it ahead of a 720S comfortably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    137 to 145 is a big jump.

I'd love to see 145 for a bolt on 991 trust me but I haven't seen it. I mean that would put it ahead of a 720S comfortably.
    I'll see what I can get out of my cousins 991.2 TTS.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll see what I can get out of my cousins 991.2 TTS.
    He's just JB4 right?

I'd be quite happy with 145 out of the 992 Turbo with bolt ons...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's just JB4 right?

I'd be quite happy with 145 out of the 992 Turbo with bolt ons...
    No, I got him FBO on BMS stuff.

BMS JB4
    BMS intakes
    BMS Y pipe with Tial BOV
    BMS Intercoolers
    BMS/Fuel-it CPI E85 kit
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I got him FBO on BMS stuff.

BMS JB4
    BMS intakes
    BMS Y pipe with Tial BOV
    BMS Intercoolers
    BMS/Fuel-it CPI E85 kit
    Excellent. Need to race this guy already. If my car ever returns...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excellent. Need to race this guy already. If my car ever returns...
    It was on they Dyno at Gintani on Friday when I stopped by to talk to Alex.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was on they Dyno at Gintani on Friday when I stopped by to talk to Alex.
    Text me if he said something interesting. It was making something like 630 whp last I heard.