Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

how to run full e85 on n54

after doing alot of research i noticed that not many people are running straight e85, but they are mixing it, what would i need to do to my 335i to run straight e85, i have had an evo in the past and ran straight e85 for 2 years before i sold it with no problems, by just doing injectors and fuel pump to support the flow. i dont want to mix e85 is there people out there that have been running straight e85 safely? thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    They do run full e85. Without the back end flash you are limited to the amount you can use before your fuel enrichment/trims are maxed.
    So you need:

e85
    backend flash
    Low pressure fuel pump upgrade to supply more pressure to HPFP

optional:
    port injection / throttle body injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah plenty of people run straight corn, but as ///mposter mentioned the % each person runs varies with the strength of the existing rule pumps. With an E85 backend and stage2 or 3 from fuel-it you should be good on stock turbos.
    '20 X3MC- AW, Dinan 10mm Spacers, p2uned Carbon Mirrors, p2uned carbon rear diffuser, IND paint matched reflectors
    '07 6MT E92: FBO|Backend Flash E60 mix| MFactory LSD/Diff Bushings| MFactory SMFW/335is Clutch| VRSF 7"| BMW Performance SSK|
    MTEC H8 7000k Angel Eyes| D1S Bulbs-6000k| Underground Euro HID Foglights-6000k| Aero Lip| CF rear spoiler-sold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Supplemental port injection looks to the be the most consistent way to make this happen with a variety of power levels. Unless someone has other suggestions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by james747 Click here to enlarge
    after doing alot of research i noticed that not many people are running straight e85, but they are mixing it, what would i need to do to my 335i to run straight e85, i have had an evo in the past and ran straight e85 for 2 years before i sold it with no problems, by just doing injectors and fuel pump to support the flow. i dont want to mix e85 is there people out there that have been running straight e85 safely? thanks in advance.
    There are two options that I think work best:
    1. Throttle Body injection kit (designed for up to 500whp). $699 + shipping
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30559

2. Port Injection kit (no HP limit that I've heard of). $1629 + shipping
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28478

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

even on stock turbos you will run out of fuel with straight e85, my hpfp was near maxed on map 7 with e60 and bms e85 backend flash with some tweaks. If you really want to run straight e85 you will need some sort of supplemental fueling either throttle body injection(tbi) or port(pi) but stock hpfp will not cut it if you are trying to make any power. tbi will run out of fuel around 500-550 on straight e85, port injection maxed out with stage 3 fuel it, return and feed lines starts to become taxed around 800 but can be pushed somewhat further(not a whole lot).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Basically, you need PI or TBI. We don't have any options for HPFP or injector upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just curious how formula 1/DTM runs one injector per cyl and can make more power and we have to do port and tbi. we must be missing something

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ken2521 Click here to enlarge
    just curious how formula 1/DTM runs one injector per cyl and can make more power and we have to do port and tbi. we must be missing something
    Full control of fuel injectors and the ability to source larger injectors is whats missing. Control will come with time, injectors may never come unless switching to non piezo units. At that point you're likely going to just go full standalone and custom injectors.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Enfiftyfore Click here to enlarge
    Basically, you need PI or TBI. We don't have any options for HPFP or injector upgrades.
    This simple.

Although it would be nice to see upgrades be able to run to 100% E85. I mean upgrades like the bigger twins, singles, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This simple.

Although it would be nice to see upgrades be able to run to 100% E85. I mean upgrades like the bigger twins, singles, etc.
    I agree it would be awesome to be able to run straight e85 without the need of supplemental fueling, it would make tuning so much easier, although i have to give it up to terry his integration of the aic and the jb4 make it a whole lot easier since the aic can be fine tuned through the jb4 settings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I get rough cold starts when i run full e85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh and I get like 9 mpg...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp Click here to enlarge
    I get rough cold starts when i run full e85.
    That can be fixed in your tune. Maybe back in late 2015 (when this thread was created) it was an issue. I appreciate activity/posting, but you dug deep to find this one Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Woops!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster3500 Click here to enlarge
    That can be fixed in your tune. Maybe back in late 2015 (when this thread was created) it was an issue. I appreciate activity/posting, but you dug deep to find this one Click here to enlarge.