Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Watch a PTF Bootmod3 tuned BMW F87 M2 get the $#@! kicked out of it by an Audi RS3 sedan

No shame here. The BMW M2 is simply nowhere near the level of the Audi RS3. Despite the BMW's N55B30T0 powerplant offering half a liter of displacement and an additional cylinder over the Audi's 2.5 TFSI it gets clobbered.

Click here to enlarge

We all know the M2 is neutered to keep it from stepping on the toes of its big brothers but the RS3 sedan is more than a match for anything BMW has in the lineup. Seriously, it is running 10.0 flat at over 140 miles per hour on the stock internals. Built motor F80 M3's or F82 M4's would have their hands full competing against that.

Here is what the two cars in the video below bring to the table:

2017 BMW M2

ER Catless downpipe
    Wagner Evo Comp 2 Intercooler
    ER hot and cold chargepipes
    Dinan intake
    Dinan resonator delete and muffler
    Pure turbo inlet
    Fuel it LPFP
    Bootmod 3 Stage 2 OTS

2018 AUDI RS3

IROZ Motorsports Front mount intercooler
    IROZ Motorsports Downpipe + midpipes
    Custom Code stage 2 91 octane software
    Stock everything else.

From a stop the M2 gets crushed. From a roll it is slightly closer but it still gets crushed. The bottomline is the RS3 is on another level with bolt ons let alone with turbo upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh dang that's a fast rs3, awd ftw!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actual times would be helpful. I suspect what was done to the BMW M2. Wagner is cheap Chinese crapola.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Actual times would be helpful. I suspect what was done to the BMW M2. Wagner is cheap Chinese crapola.
    Suspect why?

Real world videos are better than copy/pasting results from different strips on different days.

The RS3 really is just that much stronger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yep, the RS3 is a beast, that 5 cyl is just legendary, it can get to 500 bhp easily, with the next generation A3 is on the way hope they keep the 5 cyl, most likely they will, the only problem with audi these days is that they don't have modes for 4wheels drive, quattro without any electronics is good for snow fun but not in the racetrack, even this rs3 made a faster time then A45 and almost took the m2, would be great if they consider putting modes into the cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea not surprised there, although the M2 is beautiful, it's nothing to write home about in straight line department compared to it's bigger brother.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that guy is on the audi forums and has a couple of good vids and has been documenting the progression of his mods.. pretty cool

in that vid he was at about 440 awhp on 91 pump... in a later vid he went E70 and said it was major gain, which a later vid at iroz shop dyno confirmed as it bumped it up to 500awhp.... in that vid he had a couple of fun runs against iroz's upgraded xona turbo RS3 (the one that ran [email protected]) and he got completely destroyed, which was expected, but jsut shows how damn fast the iroz car is.... and they still plan on adding another 200hp to the iroz car once they build the engine/trans (can you say ~9.5 @150+ Click here to enlarge )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think the M2 engine will never have the potential like an RS3 (CZGB) engine ....

FORCED MOTORS (Germany)

Development never ends Audi RS3 8V PT6262

-
    100-200km/h 4,6sec (2 persons)
    -stock block (~6200 miles with 700hp)

-DQ500 MQB Software
    -WMI
    -PT6262 at 2,2bar (~32PSI) redline

Next Upgrades:

-Carillo piston + connecting rod
    -5 additional nozzles in the intake manifold with additional control unit
    -Precision PTE6870
    -Big Intercooler
    -Exhaust system

Target ~850-900HP

facebook.com/forcedmotors

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    N55's are receiving Flash tuning support now, and stage 3 turbo kits are available too, and I heard that speedtech was looking at an EFR 9180 turbo so 900whp+ capabilities. Plus built engines are on the way too with closed deck blocks and forged internals. The n55 also has fuelling support too so in theory its ready to hit those huge numbers but it just needs an owner with the cash to do so.

So in terms of never having the same potential Im going to have to disagree with you, and from what I know more cylinders + higher displacements engines will generally have a higher ceiling than lower displacement and lower cylinder motors when you take budget and engineering + parts availability out of the equation. For example a four cylinder vs. an eight cylinder or a 6 cylinder. Its really hard to get that 4 cylinder to the same amount of power as the latter as you need to really crank up the boost, eventually you just cant increase boost anymore. So say the cap is 40psi on a 4 cylinder imagine what 40psi on an 8 or 6 cylinder would do in terms of power.

IMO the rs3 only has awd over the m2 in terms of potential for huge horsepower numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rs3 turning out to be the euro-gtr in regards to its performance potential.

You’re right, awd is all it has over the m2, but it’s a huge advantage. Roll racing neutralizes things and actually is a disadvantage to the rs3.

Seems like it’s about application, do you want to roll race or hit the 1/4 mile ? Rs3 does well at both....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For me none of the above lol, I could care less about speed.

I enjoy time attack, auto cross, and open lapping, awd on most cars I drove always inhibited understeer and disabled the cars ability to rotate on throttle unless you just apply the power to force the rear out in a power slide. I also had to have a manual so the m2 was the only car that matched my expectations, with a the potential for me to mess around and mod it over time. And tbh I wouldn't have any other car over this thing, I love it so much!

I did drive a cla45 amg and it was great, but at the time the after market for that car was non existent, I drove a ttrs recently and really liked it. but overall i prefer the nature of a rwd car and the neutral handling characteristics.

Sure the m2 is slower than the ttrs on the track but I believe that's because the m2 can't put the power done and lacks the power compared to the RS on the long statight aways, but with some mods that could change. In terms of ceiling for both cars on the track I have no idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by F87Source Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    N55's are receiving Flash tuning support now, and stage 3 turbo kits are available too, and I heard that speedtech was looking at an EFR 9180 turbo so 900whp+ capabilities. Plus built engines are on the way too with closed deck blocks and forged internals. The n55 also has fuelling support too so in theory its ready to hit those huge numbers but it just needs an owner with the cash to do so.

So in terms of never having the same potential Im going to have to disagree with you, and from what I know more cylinders + higher displacements engines will generally have a higher ceiling than lower displacement and lower cylinder motors when you take budget and engineering + parts availability out of the equation. For example a four cylinder vs. an eight cylinder or a 6 cylinder. Its really hard to get that 4 cylinder to the same amount of power as the latter as you need to really crank up the boost, eventually you just cant increase boost anymore. So say the cap is 40psi on a 4 cylinder imagine what 40psi on an 8 or 6 cylinder would do in terms of power.

IMO the rs3 only has awd over the m2 in terms of potential for huge horsepower numbers.
    Usually I'd agree with the displacement argument but the 2.5 TFSI architecture is going on a decade and they just keep improving it.

They have off the shelf parts to rev it to 9k and they have no fueling problems... Some will argue the older iron blocks are much stronger than the n55 block too.

The 2.5 TFSI is just a better tuning platform. There's no modern BMW I6 I'd take over it.

The thing is topping the N54 in the 1/4 mile on stock internals lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope they put the engine in a few more models. Can you guys imagine a Golf R with this motor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No need, look at what iroz has already done with the 2.0t in the golfR.... 9.58...damn

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I get your point but you can only get so far with some engines before its somewhat pointless. Efficiency is the game here. Newer bmw engine heads are $#@! and doesn't have enough meat to even make them better.(larger ports/valves) .Plus bmw aftermarket just doesn't have the support other brands get ie honda/audi. This car is a 2.5 with one less cylinder and makes a decent amount more on both pump and E than the bmw 3.0 inline 6's and its awhp vs rwhp which makes it even more impressive. Honda f22's are making 1600-2k whp I doubt well see that out of any of these current bmw engines. Thats all from a 2.2- 2.4 liter 4 cylinder.
    Daily- 12 f13 650i- FBO
    07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom fmic, vrsf cp, tial bov, custom external pcv,, custom crakcase vent, adv O2's, Phoenix intake manifold, bms meth kit, Motiv twin disk, custom shifter, BMP bucketless 450/525, 6an return, stoptech rotors & pads, ST coil-overs, small brake kit, Megan upper/lower rear camber/toe arms, Megan strut brace, Diff lockdown, Mfactory axles, circuit works exhaust, jb4 g5, mhd
    02 honda s2k inline pro built pte6262

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    No need, look at what iroz has already done with the 2.0t in the golfR.... 9.58...damn
    They also swapped the 2.5 TFSI in though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait who do the Audi guys turn to for flash tuning? Like a flasher device that can flash custom maps not ots maps? I heard about apr but I don't know if it's a tool you can actually use to flash your own maps onto the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait who do the Audi guys turn to for flash tuning? Like a flasher device that can flash custom maps not ots maps? I heard about apr but I don't know if it's a tool you can actually use to flash your own maps onto the car.
    Apr, Unitronic (a new vendor here), and Custom Code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think iroz partnered with custom code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Intresting, I'll take a look lol. Who knows I may end up with a tt rs to help brave the winters up here in Canada.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In regards to roll racing and 1/4 mike I’m more interested in the acceleration rather than just the speed, the time it takes to get up to that speed.
    Plus the ability for the awd car to rocket out of corners would be an advantage for short tracks and autocrossing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats a bunch of malakies Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
    I think iroz partnered with custom code.
    Yep, that is who they work with.