Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rotrex releasing C38R supercharger in 2018 with 900+ horsepower capability

Those of you running a Rotrex C38-91 or C38-92 blower should be paying attention to this. For example, guys with Active Autowerke or Evolve supercharged E9X M3's or E39 M5's. Rotrex is launching a C38R supercharger with 900+ horsepower capability.

Click here to enlarge

They have not shared the exact specs but let's take a look at the C38 line:

Click here to enlarge

We're talking roughly 200+ more horsepower supported by the C38R. It fits in the exact same spot as the C38-91/92 do now:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rotrex
    Rotrex has successfully designed a completely new, higher capacity supercharger that maintains identical packaging and bracketry dimensioning of the existing C38 series, which allows direct retrofit in existing kits and/or on-road applications. The higher power density can now support applications of up to 900+ HP in a single stage boosting setup! In house testing with preliminary compressor designs achieves more than 0.8kg/s (106 lbs/min) and a pressure ratio above 3.0 - final compressor performance is still to be defined.
    It appears to be capable of roughly 22% more flow.

The C38R won't be out until April next year but it is definitely a blower to watch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The great thing about these is size. The are generally much smaller than Vortech. And you can rebuild them just like any Vortech, I don’t know why it’s falsly and routinely stated that Rotrex can’t be rebuilt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can they be successfully rebuilt? I had one of mine rebuilt by a pro and the result was crap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by s62 Click here to enlarge
    Can they be successfully rebuilt? I had one of mine rebuilt by a pro and the result was crap.
    Depends on the pro guy. I had a unit rebuilt by someone who specialized in diesel turbos and the result was excellent.