Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    any idea for the brakes on the car now
    Ya, your only choice is to go to a different pad or get the PCCB's. There are some softer pads that should do the trick...
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone else dislike the look of the V coupe? GM wrenched the back end up, it looks like a hatch back. Love the V drivetrain just like the looks of the sedan a lot better!

If your looking at the v coupe you may want to check out the 11+ gt500. The interior will surprise you and now they have the al block its down to 3750 curb. The svt suspension has it handling great(1+g, its turning times similar if not better than the ford gt). the 11+ gt500 with suspension pack and twin screw making 700-800rwhp is a very slick ride!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone else dislike the look of the V coupe? GM wrenched the back end up, it looks like a hatch back. Love the V drivetrain just like the looks of the sedan a lot better!

If your looking at the v coupe you may want to check out the 11+ gt500. The interior will surprise you and now they have the al block its down to 3750 curb. The svt suspension has it handling great(1+g, its turning times similar if not better than the ford gt). the 11+ gt500 with suspension pack and twin screw making 700-800rwhp is a very slick ride!
    It is a very, very nice ride. But it isn't exactly the comfortable more luxurious setup that the C63 or CTS-V are.

That said, I'm in love with the GT500.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is a very, very nice ride. But it isn't exactly the comfortable more luxurious setup that the C63 or CTS-V are.

i question the solid rear axle on bumpy roads...especially a canyon road. But I love the sound of shelby/cobra mustang v8 exhaust. Actually prefer them to vettes. They have a unique sound.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i question the solid rear axle on bumpy roads
    Same.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i say stick to your GT3,wonderful car,marvelous engine,fantastic transmission,great breaks(ceramic),and bad balance!
    i drove on of these back in Isle of Man and such a experience it was, i really enjoyed it. but this car has a big problem (maybe it doesn't match my driving style) and that's cornering.under hardbraking it gets a little understeer and after accelerating it will be a wide oversteer(it's fun for a professional guy which i'm not)! maybe it's just me , because the owner didn't have the same problem.
    what was the topic about? oh i remeber nowClick here to enlarge i say keep it, because if you sell it nothing can satisfy you !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any idea for the brakes on the car now
    how much would a PCCB '.2' brake kit and install cost for you?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

No doubt. Im just saying that I get the v sedan and the c63 long before I get the v coupe(I think it looks like a civic hatch out back). If were only talking coupes in the $60k range the two I look at are the 993 turbo and the gt500.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    how much would a PCCB '.2' brake kit and install cost for you?
    guessing around 10k
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge

I still think the V wagon is the best looking variant lol, flame away Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what I have read you do not want to upgrade to PCCB. A friend of mine actually removed the PCCB from his car, sold them, and put on the standard steel brakes with new pads bc maintenance was so expensive.
    Try getting new pads and have them bed in properly, it is really a shame that they sell a "streetable" car with brakes that resemble a woman's shriek
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the reviews were a good read.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    From what I have read you do not want to upgrade to PCCB. A friend of mine actually removed the PCCB from his car, sold them, and put on the standard steel brakes with new pads bc maintenance was so expensive.
    Try getting new pads and have them bed in properly, it is really a shame that they sell a "streetable" car with brakes that resemble a woman's shriek
    What's so expensive about PCCB maintenance? Pads? The rotors are lifetime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's so expensive about PCCB maintenance? Pads? The rotors are lifetime.
    from my knowledge to maintain the ceramics and to make them last you have to change braked fluids after every event, make sure pads are in top shape, make sure they warm up and cool down correctly...and if at the track there is any little rocks that hit them it can cause cracks...alot of people change to iron because the maintenance required...but the ceramics are better. If maintained properly they will last a very long time.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    the reviews were a good read.
    Thanks!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    They are bedded in correctly...ive only heard of 1 or 2 cars that dont squeal, but most say its not as loud as im experiencing. They dont squeal if i press hard on the brakes, so half the time i come to stop signs or lights i brake late and hard, lol.....but cant do that with passengers and people usually look at me all wierd.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    friend following me in his e60 m5 with meistershaft exhaust, and myself testing c63....listen at 2:10 his car sounds good then right past 3:00 i do a little burnout and he does as well but there is a cop at next stop sign so he puts camera down. The car salesman told me to stop, then he just said floor it. Arent any curves in the area so nothing to exciting.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12