Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Game Over? Dime Racing sued by multiple entities - $1.1+ million outstanding, Porsche Financial claims missed Huracan payments, and landlord sues over rent

Where do you even begin with this mess? After the article about yet another Dime Racing Huracan horror story BoostAddict was contacted by the owner as well as multiple parties contributing further details. Suffice it to say, Dime Racing is in big trouble.

Click here to enlarge

Don't say we didn't warn you. We did. BoostAddict.com covered this mess involving Steve Atneyel and Rod Shuqom (or whatever he is calling himself these days) of Dime from the beginning. It's all crumbling around them.

Let's start with the major points. Dime Racing is crunched for cash. That happens if you take in money and do not deliver products or services but instead use those funds elsewhere. Diverting funds and funneling customer cash into maintaining operations is not a solid business model. Porsche Financial Services wants $216k+ not including legal fees and other damages:

Click here to enlarge

Leasing a car for tuning development is not unheard of. Usually high end tuners buy the cars as a leased car is technically not supposed to be modified. Regardless, you need to make the payments either way. Dime Racing did not according to the very well detailed complaint from Porsche Financial: http://www.60-130.com/images/dimehuracan.pdf

Things do not end there. They also did not pay their rent according to another lawsuit:

Click here to enlarge

You can read the landlord's full complaint here: https://www.scribd.com/document/3587...aint-Document#

If they can not make the car payments and can not pay their rent, should you be sending your car to them? Oh, it gets better. How about this $1.1 million?

Click here to enlarge

Essentially that amounts to just over a million dollars in frozen assets. It seems a lot of people are going the legal route to get what they are owed from Dime Racing. It is doubtful they will see any of it but somebody at Dime at some point is going to have to face the music.

In addition to all of this Huracan owner Brian McLevis contacted BoostAddict.com with additional details from his Dime Racing experience. His car is now headed to Underground Racing to get sorted:

CAR ARRIVAL TO DIME RACING AND COMPLETION TIME
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIME Racing received car on June 12th at their location in Huntington Beach.

DIME Racing quoted completion of the car within 2 weeks of arrival at their shop. Car was to receive twin turbo kit, clutches, headers, and produce 850-860whp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EXPERIENCE WHILE CAR WAS AT DIME RACING

DIME Racing stayed in communication with me over the course of time they had the car explaining what they were doing with the car. Come to find out they fabricated a timeline of events as if they were actually working on the car but in reality, absolutely nothing was done to my car for 2.5 months. My car literally sat in their shop while they fed me lie after lie after lie.

There were multiple instances of the story changing or things not quite adding up which really made me question what was actually going on. Once their story as to the timeline of events on the build got out of whack I started asking for progress pictures. On 4 instances, I was told "yeah sure we will have them to you today" but the pictures were never sent. I started pushing harder for pictures because I found it odd they kept promising the pics but would never send them.

Once I started pushing harder I would get responses such as "we don't want any pictures to leak until we are done with the car" or "our advertising company wants to wait until we are done with the car to release them all at once" or "we don't want our intellectual property being leaked on the internet". At one point, I told them to take their iPhone and just snap some type of pictures so I could see the progress of the car -- no pictures were given to me.

A few days later Parker (Vehicle Virgins) video surfaced and when I watched the video my stomach sank to the floor and right then and there I knew I was screwed. Every excuse Parker said in his video lined up with every single excuse DIME Racing fed me and I knew deep down my car was in the hands of bad actors.

I called Steve and Rod after watching Parker's video and they told me the major hold up was the headers. I was assured my headers were completed and I had nothing to worry about because moving forward it would be smooth. At this point I wasn't buying what they were telling me so I contacted a few of my car buddies and I was told they were lying and there were no headers.

So, I called Steve and Rod back and told them I want to do a video chat w/ them and I want them to show me my car and the headers that were supposedly finished. We hopped on Skype video chat and they walked back to the shop to show me a header that supposedly belonged to my car. Steve (using his phone for Skype video) panned close to the header and I could also notice they had a box covering part of the header. They blatantly avoided showing me the ports of the headers but I noticed there were only 4 primary tubes going into the collector -- thus meaning this was a v8 header and not a v10. I instantly lost my cool and demanded they show me the ports of the header. They quickly panned the video over the ports and I confirmed this was a v8 header. I lost my cool and started yelling at them and for a few minutes they tried to talk me into believing this was a header for my car -- I guess they thought I was an idiot that didn't know any better. At that point, I heard the text message ding go off on my phone (I received a text message) and Steve started telling me on the phone "look at your phone that's your header" however when viewing the image it was an old/used v10 header that clearly wasn't a Huracan header (PIC ATTACHED).

TOOK A TRIP TO DIME RACING (UNANNOUNCED)

After the Skype video, I immediately booked a next-day flight to Orange County to pay DIME Racing a visit (they didn't know I was coming). I arrived at their shop and they finally told me their issues which included a falling out with their fabricator and fessed up to everything they told me (for the past 9 weeks) was a lie. My car just literally sat at their shop not being worked on while they fed me lie after lie of a fake timeline of what they were allegedly doing to the car. Steve and Rod were very nice (they were not $#@!s) but I guess after $#@!ing a person around for 9 weeks (and given I am a big ass dude) they had no choice but to be nice.

When I arrived in person they hustled to get the car done but after 10 days of AirBNBing a house I was ready to go back home to Kansas. They knew a rally was coming up that I was attending and the rally was important to me. The car was completed but it was so last minute they didn't dyno the car nor was all the exhaust and turbo piping ceramic coated (some was coated black, some was coated shiny silver, and some was in raw stainless form).

CAR RECEIVED FROM DIME RACING & FIRST 2 DAYS OF DRIVING

Day 1 of driving the car I could tell the tune wasn't correct as the car fluttered through the power band and the shifts were very sluggish and laggy. I did a couple roll races against Parker's (Vehicle Virgins) car and the race was neck and neck which was odd because my car was supposed to be 850whp and Parker's VF Engineering supercharged car was only 690whp -- why was the race even close? I should have easily smoked the VF car!

Morning of day 2 we did a canyon run and my car reached max temp 3 times (temp outside was 77F) so we had to pull over each time to let the car cool down (PIC ATTACHED OF TEMP). After all of the overheating we stopped at a gas station and I randomly grabbed a snicker bar from the freezer (PIC ATTACHED OF SNICKER BAR) -- how ironic the Snicker bar said SMOLDERING on it. A few hours later Parker (Vehicle Virgins) and I did 3 roll races and each time Parker's (VF Engineering) car walked me over and over and over (VIDEO ATTACHED). How a 690whp VF Engineering car walks a 850whp Twin Turbo DIME car I don't know -- maybe it's because of a a bad tune from DIME?

In the evening on day 2 and the car was having issues shifting into 6th gear on highway pulls. You could feel the trans engage, disengage, and then engage again all during it attempting to shift from 5 to 6.

Continued into the evening on day 2 on a highway pull the engage, disengage, engage happened going into 4th gear and then "Gearbox Failure" message appeared on the dash. At this point we coasted the car off the highway and found the transmission had completely failed. The car wouldn't drive forward or reverse anymore. When you put the car into any gear and hit the throttle the engine would just rev up.

We ended up stranded at a rest stop 60 miles outside of Las Vegas. We had to call a flatbed tow truck to tow the car back to Lamborghini of Las Vegas. $500 (towing cost) later the car arrived at the dealership.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

There you have it folks. Feel free to read over the complaints and the customer impressions.

At this point, BoostAddict.com is sick of Dime Racing and having to say 'I told you so' regarding them. The legal system can sort this mess out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why would you roll race with a car you were certain wasn't tuned properly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    Why would you roll race with a car you were certain wasn't tuned properly?
    I think you'd be surprised by how many "car guys" have zero understanding of what is actually being done to their car when they write a check.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unreal!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wowie

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    'Nickel' and 'Dime' hacks going down for the Count !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    shame, this Brian seems to be a very relaxed dude hats off to him

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That vehicle virgins guy is an annoying twat who knows next to nothing about cars and he still figured out to cut bait and run from dime and at least take his car to VF.

Why this guy didn't get the picture after all of the evidence that Dime are scam artists and let them "finish" the build while he babysat them is astounding...more $ than sense I guess.
    And like others said, he is retarded for beating on it over and over knowing it wasn't tuned right. It was losing to a supposedly lower power supercharged car and overheating...hmmmmmm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    That vehicle virgins guy is an annoying twat who knows next to nothing about cars and he still figured out to cut bait and run from dime and at least take his car to VF.

Why this guy didn't get the picture after all of the evidence that Dime are scam artists and let them "finish" the build while he babysat them is astounding...more $ than sense I guess.
    And like others said, he is retarded for beating on it over and over knowing it wasn't tuned right. It was losing to a supposedly lower power supercharged car and overheating...hmmmmmm
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Their work is not worth a 'dime'.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What a dick head his car has been fu.... since he picked it up and now his blown it

is he brainless or what regardless that bloke is a dick

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Unreal!
    Cliffs? I don't want to listen to this guy for 16 minutes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Unreal!
    Ok so watch at the 4 minute mark and then you can see the Dime car break down a couple minutes after that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge

Well said. That VV guy is irritating. Wait till something &*%$s up on his VF system and we will have another video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Cliffs? I don't want to listen to this guy for 16 minutes.
    For real, I can't stand him for 16 seconds. The absolute worst youtube "car enthusiast" personality.

He was a guest on another youtube channel I usually watch and as soon as I heard him talk I turned it off.

I love this video though of this guy mocking the Vehicle Virgins $#@! trying to talk about tires lol:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shardul Click here to enlarge
    Wait till something &*%$s up on his VF system and we will have another video.
    VF's system is better engineered though and they stand by their product unlike Dime...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    VF's system is better engineered though and they stand by their product unlike Dime...
    Sticky - just an FYI, MBWorld has been deleting posts about this on their forums and censoring members who talk about it because they are being paid by Dime through
    advertising. They're claiming there are "two sides to every story", but I find this infuriating.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...d-removed.html

Having gone through a lengthy legal battle myself with an Audi/VW tuner many years ago, I can relate to the pain of being screwed by a shop during a big money build.

MBWorld is already basically a dead forum, but the fact that they continue to censor members about Dime's fraud is disgusting.

Oh, and just in case people wanted proof that MBWorld is in Dime's pocket:

Click here to enlarge

Hey, if you buy one of these $4k C63S airboxes, you're basically paying for half of their rent! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you very much z-tuned. I'm aware and will put up an article on this tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mbworld is garbage. Almost as bad as those E90post retards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    yes you are correct, but there is a chance of failure (SC bearing going bad etc) and if that happens on his car we will surely get a video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shardul Click here to enlarge
    yes you are correct, but there is a chance of failure (SC bearing going bad etc) and if that happens on his car we will surely get a video.
    If that happened VF would step up to the plate.

The SC is pretty darn reliable. The TVS units are used in OEM applications.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that happened VF would step up to the plate.

The SC is pretty darn reliable. The TVS units are used in OEM applications.
    Yeah even overspinning the $#@! out of those superchargers rarely causes problems, they are crazy reliable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    VF has been making reliable supercharger packages since the e39 540i days ....