4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    impressive
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll find out some info on my car tomorrow. See when she's due back. I'll some
    searching in Pa for strips.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Soo.. on my way to and from work today, in the much nicer 74* weather, whcih the car is absolulty LOVING right now, i decided to try my car from 40mph rolls..

all runs done from 40mph-map7-16psi

1. 3rd gear. punched it, downshifted to 2nd, and all hell broke loose shifted to 3rd-- not going to be good against an AWD Lambo..
    2. 2nd gr rolled into it.. slight wheels spin, but not enough throttle to make it worthwhile in a a race
    3. 2nd gr stomped it-spin city as expected but grabbed a bit faster, shifted and was 100+ in no time flat-- i think we have a winner

Now, none of these are going to my best against your setup as your just going to gas and go-as I call it now. so im debating retesting witht he DR's on.
    Im sure its going to help traction, i just dont know if i trust them at higher speeds.. I guess we shall see huh Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Soo.. on my way to and from work today, in the much nicer 74* weather, whcih the car is absolulty LOVING right now, i decided to try my car from 40mph rolls..

1. 3rd gear. punched it, downshifted to 2nd, and all hell broke loose shifted to 3rd-- not going to be good against an AWD Lambo..
    2. 2nd gr rolled into it.. slight wheels spin, but not enough throttle to make it worthwhile in a a race
    3. 2nd gr stomped it-spin city as expected but grabbed a bit faster, shifted and was 100+ in no time flat-- i think we have a winner

Now, none of these are going to my best against your setup as your just going to gas and go-as I call it now. so im debating retesting witht he DR's on.
    Im sure its going to help traction, i just dont know if i trust them at higher speeds.. I guess we shall see huh Click here to enlarge
    what kind of dr's do you have? if they're DOT approved they should have a speed rating on them, that should set you at ease or worry Click here to enlarge anyway do you have an LSD? that would also ease your worry against the power of awd.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I can't wait. This video will be even more epic. Let me know when you are free (next weekend hopefully). I was playing around in PA the other day with those Lambo's in 60 F weather and I ran a 8.4 60-130. I'm thinking in 50 F w/ a slight decline (~1%) I can't hit low 8s.
    SUPERFASTHD
    V I M E O | Y O U T U B E

06 | LAMBO GALLARDO
    09 | BMW E60 535I

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im on BFG competition T/A's. ill have to check the rating. Im limited to 135mph anyway, but still.

I have the wavetrac LSD,im tellin ya, it helps, but its still a lot of power..

Byz.. hopefully I am, my schedule is fluid as you can tell, so ill do my best to give you a few days notice. Sat. looks promising though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im on BFG competition T/A's. ill have to check the rating. Im limited to 135mph anyway, but still.

I have the wavetrac LSD,im tellin ya, it helps, but its still a lot of power..

Byz.. hopefully I am, my schedule is fluid as you can tell, so ill do my best to give you a few days notice. Sat. looks promising though.
    Saturday early morning?
    SUPERFASTHD
    V I M E O | Y O U T U B E

06 | LAMBO GALLARDO
    09 | BMW E60 535I

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as of right now im free, yes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    THat's a sick video...props...maddd props...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah jeez I wanna see more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Ah jeez I wanna see more.
    you and me both, but im in the middle of an un expected career change Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you and me both, but im in the middle of an un expected career change Click here to enlarge
    ?
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM, what was your whp and wtq during those runs in the op vid?

Great vid, btw. I cant believe I had missed this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a guesstimate of about 480hp and tq to match. i was playing with my settings a bit and although i peaked at 20 psi, it DID taper off to about 17/18. i hit my boost failsafe on that 1st run and immediatley, while driving punched in some lower settings, but i couldnt log it as we were still driving. it was very hectic for me Click here to enlarge

as well as video was made, i dont think it shows either cars true potnential. we planned on meeting up early in the day, but it got rained out, and after about 20 calls back and forth to see if weather was clearing up, we decide to give it a shot and meet. roads were still wet. we drove around for about 30min to try and find dry roads.

We are still in agreement that we need a rematch to better show both of these cars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, crank 480hp/480tq? What was your wheel hp/tq? You didn't have the RB turbos back then, right?

Edit: Nevermind. Just noticed you had 486whp/452wtq STD on June (2 months before this) with the RB turbos.
    Very nice runs. Will be waiting for the rematch Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, this is with the RB's Click here to enlarge

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678