Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Porsche 991 GT3 RS vs. upgraded N54 turbo 335i rematch or how someone posts misleading race videos

Once upon a time a Swede named Gustav headed a website known as M5bored. He would post various race videos as promotion over and over to build up interest and then sell the board. The thing is, fanboys would use these videos as evidence of superiority of one car over another.

Click here to enlarge

Without any data you don't truly know what is going on. As is the case in the video posted the other day where the GT3 RS gets a big lead on the 335i with upgraded turbos. BimmerBoost speculated the car was in the wrong gear but some fanboys stated the Porsche is just superior and lighter and blah blah blah.

Low and behold BimmerBoost was e-mailed the rematch where the 335i starts in the correct gear. The GT3 RS still jumps but the race goes as it should be this time around:

So why is this Gustav fellow at these runway events only posting the videos showing cars in a certain light? Well, in the case of the GT3 RS it is because he is using his friend's GT3 RS to make additional promotional race videos and doesn't want to upset him. It's why you don't see a lot of content showing a different outcome because Swedes are sensitive people.

Let this be a lesson in how easy it is for results to be misleading without data.

335i:

+ Palm Turbos Stage 1
    + MHD Mappad by BQ Tuning
    + Supersprint catback X-Pipe
    + VTT Inlets
    + Intercooler från KL Racing
    + Ultimate Racing downpipes without catalysts
    + Walbro 455 pump
    + 200cell Magnaflow sportcatalysts

Porsche 911 GT3 RS is stock
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The wheels on the bus goes round and round lol #Gapped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The real question is...why is the RS owner wasting his time roll racing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Seriously.. 335i is not even in same league as GT3 RS. BMW Fanboys make me laugh. Run that race from 0 or put both cars on proper track and see what happens. I am a BMW fan boy myself but pumping up ourselves for beating a purposely built weapon in straight line by modding your car to death is laughable.

"M5bored" is not for everyone and i laugh at Gustav videos since they were not indicative of real world but this forum is not exactly the pinnacle of automotive journalism either so lets keep things in perspective.

GT3 RS or modded 335i.. hmm.. that is a hard choice Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jav Click here to enlarge
    Seriously.. 335i is not even in same league as GT3 RS. BMW Fanboys make me laugh. Run that race from 0 or put both cars on proper track and see what happens. I am a BMW fan boy myself but pumping up ourselves for beating a purposely built weapon in straight line by modding your car to death is laughable.
    No one is saying that's the case at all. 335i's with upgraded turbos aren't designed for track work, or even really drag racing. But the point is to show that in its element (roll racing) the modded 335i beats the GT3 RS, instead of just leaving up a video where the GT3RS beats it when its in the wrong gear and creating an entirely false impression.
    GT3 RS or modded 335i.. hmm.. that is a hard choice
    Again, I don't see anyone even mentioning that idea other than yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Run that race from 0 or put both cars on proper track and see what happens.
    Literally the post above yours:

The real question is...why is the RS owner wasting his time roll racing?
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am a BMW fan boy myself but pumping up ourselves for beating a purposely built weapon in straight line by modding your car to death is laughable.
    Nobody is doing that. If you read the article it says display the real content showing the real result and not misleading crap. Why even bother racing them if you're going to lie about what really happens?

No $#@! the GT3 RS is a better car. That has nothing to do with the topic though.

"M5bored" is not for everyone and i laugh at Gustav videos since they were not indicative of real world but this forum is not exactly the pinnacle of automotive journalism either so lets keep things in perspective.
    Yet this forum was able to instantly call that video out as BS and nobody else did? It might not be the pinnacle but it certainly does a better job at analysis than you do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Gus strikes again...still remember a stock m6 (v10) beating a stage 4 kleemann E55k...ahhh the good old days Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zod Click here to enlarge
    The Gus strikes again...still remember a stock m6 (v10) beating a stage 4 kleemann E55k...ahhh the good old days Click here to enlarge
    How about a stock E39 M5 beating an E92 M3? Calling that BS out got me banned even after I provided my slip proving it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    lol his ban hammer was very light..all u had to do was show u were not a bmw fan, or disbelieve his posts and debate them then pooof X-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was a GT3RS at NFZAZ running 144mph max. My friends Supra hit 146mph for his top speed. The supra and I are basically even within 1mph at prior events so even a FBO stock turbo 335i can take a GT3RS.
    2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Inline Walbro|VRSF 7"|Inlets|-sold
    1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|-sold
    2001|Chevrolet Camaro| T56 LS1| Bolt-ons| -Sold
    -I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The GT3 RS really isn't a top end car. I mean the aero will slow it down so much why even bother.