Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

335xi vs VW R32 big turbo: German battle

We ran multiple times. He said the car is capable of 700+hp, but was running a lower boost map, so closer to 500hp.

Keep in mind, this track is at a really high elevation, so the times seem a lot slower than see level.

2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / RB Next Gens / RB EVO Intake / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / VRSF DPs / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How high is the elevation? Seems it is killing both of you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bandimere is 5800ft. Looks like the video said the DA was >7000. There are a lot of things great about Colorado. Thin air is not one.

OP - good runs!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Bandimere is 5800ft. Looks like the video said the DA was >7000. There are a lot of things great about Colorado. Thin air is not one.

OP - good runs!

-Rich
    Maybe I need to visit. What's great about Colorado?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe I need to visit. What's great about Colorado?
    This sums it up pretty well:

http://www.movoto.com/guide/co/moving-to-colorado/

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

My first job out of college was right near centennial airport and broncos parkway. After my 3rd day of work I saw my hiring manager and another guy leaving work out the front door a bit early. I asked if they were headed out to the airport. They just told me to come with. We walked down Broncos parkway and he opens the bag and hands me a beer. I thought to myself " is this a test "? Well as soon as we got to our destination I realized they were taking me to the Broncos practice. How cool was that? Beer and Broncos.

I think #21 holds true as family or friends that came to visit always took pictures of the snow capped mountains while driving anywhere. The list said there really isn't a place called South Park , but I did live in south Parker on the end near castle rock. Colorado definitely has all the seasons " spring , summer , fall, and ski season" . People drive crazy fast in snow and really slow when it rains. I never have anyone a lift in the mountain towns but everyone is pretty friendly that I could see it happening. There are so many things to see especially if you like the outdoors. Estes park has small shops and festivals, and then we would head up to Rocky Mountain national park . I really can't list all the things to do, there are too many.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///MPOSTER Click here to enlarge
    I thought to myself " is this a test "?
    Ha! I've had similar thoughts before.

Do you still live out here?

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I sold my house about 5 years ago. Amazingly last night we had an email from zillow that our house is for sale. We couldn't go to sleep because we were waiting for pictures to show up. They are selling it for $100k more than we sold it to them. Oh well. I wouldn't mind going back but we don't have any family out there, nor here in North Carolina . I think the work out here is finishing up so who knows where I will be January 2016 . I keep seeing great pictures from people and friends still living there. It makes me sad that I left.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The housing market has definitely recovered so not surprised they are asking more.

You should move back out!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Running at bandimere is such an ego killer if you are expecting your car to run similar times to what you've seen online.

I assume the car would run at least mid 12s at sea level and with more practice. The "street" events with a normal stop light make it a lot harder to time your launch.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / RB Next Gens / RB EVO Intake / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / VRSF DPs / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    This sums it up pretty well:

http://www.movoto.com/guide/co/moving-to-colorado/

-Rich
    Hmmm maybe a vacation home one day but I love California.