Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cool GIAC Stage 2+/Champion Intercoolers/Tubi Catless Race Exhaust 991 Turbo S ("RedGutz") Takes on All Comers at DFC's Quarter Mile Runway Event

Yesterday I spent the whole day doing quarter mile races at the driving force club's twice a year runway event in upstate New York.

The biggest news is that the horrific heat soak power loss I experienced at all of my speed events with the GIAC Stage two and stock intercoolers is gone! The champion intercoolers and the stage 2+ seem to have solved that issue completely. My trap speeds remained about the same throughout the day even though I ran for many hours without any cooling break at all other than the hour for lunch. In the runway event I ran in May my trap speeds fell by 6 mph after the first run. Cars that had torched mine at the runway event in May such as the Lamborghini Huracan were left in the dust this time by mine. Similarly I beat what is/was probably the fastest 911 in the club convincingly from a roll -- the custom tuned signal green 997.2 known as Bullslayer. I lost to him this time around from a dig in the early morning but I had serious traction issues with that my tires not being able to handle the power In the cold -- was pulling on his car the entire time that race but he got a huge lead from a dig while I spun tires for a while.

The car won most of the races she was in including beating a 950 hp turbo upgrade GTR, a E85 GTR, a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta (twice) and a Huracan (3 wins to one loss). She went 1 and 1 against a 997.2 TTS in the early morning -- won from a roll but lost from a dig (997.2 was using R888 r compound tires and hooked from a dig while I spun my wheels. Once I hooked I was pulling on him but he built up too much of a lead. Was ahead the entire race during the roll race).

Of most interest here the car won two out of three races against Cobb stage two tuned cars. The one race I lost to a Cobb car was of course the one the owner put up on YouTube and that occurred when I added a passenger and most importantly when my low fuel warning light came on. As I'm sure you know when that happens the ECU reduces power to prevent fuel starvation. http://rennlist.com/forums/991/83302...ack-no-no.html

So yes a Cobb car beat me once when I was in limp home mode. The other two times when my low fuel warning light was not on I won.

My races with the Cobb cars were in the morning. After lunch I put up my go Pro cameras and set forth below are the videos from every single afternoon race I had.

1. RedGutz Defeats Stock 991 TTS Cab

2. RedGutz Defeats FBO GTR

3. RedGutz Defeats FBO GTR again

4. RedGutz Defeat Dodge Viper

5. RedGutz Defeats Gallardo Superleggera

6. RedGutz Defeats Audi R8 V10 Stasis Supercharged

7. RedGutz Defeats R8 V10 Stasis Supercharged from a Roll

8. RedGutz Defeats Huracan from a Dig

9. RedGutz Loses to Huracan from a Roll (he jumped)

10. RedGutz Defeats Huracan from a Roll (I jumped)

11. RedGutz Defeats FBO GTR from a Dig

12. RedGutz Defeats Gallardo

13. RedGutz Defeats FBO GTR

14. RedGutz Defeats FBO GTR again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Two more videos of RedGutz in action at the DFC runway event

15. RedGutz Defeats Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

16. RedGutz Defeats 716 bhp Renntech E63 S (M Slayer -- my daily driver (at 26 seconds)