Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno maybe i got them mixed up.

I think he had 3 cars, a 2002 turbo, an E9 and the E21 alpina..

I forgot I will have to find him and ask him.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i'd love to run your gt3 there after hearing it Click here to enlarge
    I'll be waiting for your PM...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    There was on that caught my eye, an M5 with two cone filters in the grills, wtf is that? Twin turbo M5? had ASR stickers on it? SICK!!! Who can tell me more about this car?
    It is/was supposed to be a TT M5 by ASR... It has been 2+ years since they started on it. Moved locations, towed the car to new location and the engine was still in pieces a while ago. I dont think it is completed. Was the hood open when you saw it? Did you see any turbos or just the intake cones? The whole project might have been scratched... Knowing the owner, if it was completed, IM sure we would have seen dynos/threads of it on 6speedonline... but nothing yet... who knows...
    I think it just had bolt-on, and not F/I'ed in any way, but I didnt see it with the hood open and sounded normal...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    gt3, no PM needed, we dont have to do it illegally, we can run at PBIR Click here to enlarge and compare times along the 1/4th. but if you want to set something up before then PM me.

the M5 that had the twin intakes is an ASR car. it is not twin turbo as that kit hasnt even been finished. it keeps being put on the back burner as more customers come in with problems or parts to be installed. there is slow work being done, for instance, i saw the heads off the motor being used as the mock up for the TT kit. reason being is the turbos sit so low, the oil drain would have to snake back up to recirc to the pan, so what they're doing is making the drained oil pump back up to the heads. its nothing new but it takes time to get everything together.

again, like you guessed, the car you saw at the meet probably had all their m5 bolt-ons, including their twin intake system.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oddjob let me know if you guys are going; I will accompany. I would like to see this.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    gt3, no PM needed, we dont have to do it illegally, we can run at PBIR Click here to enlarge and compare times along the 1/4th. but if you want to set something up before then PM me.

Like you guessed, the car you saw at the meet probably had all their m5 bolt-ons, including their twin intake system.
    I'd prefer 60-130 runs, etc... 1/4 time are too dependent on traction, tires and negate real everyday street/highway performance... I have zero traction on first gear. Zero...
    I wouldn't want to put that kind of stress on my car, at the strip, with radial tires, which is what I would really need in there...

Thanks for the info on that M5. I had forgotten he owns 2 M5's. The other one is the one at the shop for the TT ASR kit... which I hear from other non-competeting tuners, that the engine blew once during development... Any details on that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    okay man, thats fine. i totally understand that, but realize i wasnt looking for too good of a short time either, 1.9 would be the best. we can set something up before hand if you'd like, PM me your number if you're comfortable with that. i plan to do some stuff with ASR soon, a dyno with my i/c now, then the new i/c installed then a dyno after, hopefully all in the same day for credibility on the numbers. PM me if you'd like to run ASAP or after i get that upgrade in flow. dbfiu, if you PM me your number too we can communicate and set up some rendezvous.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would be good to do a before/after your upgrade run, in order to see the difference when you are done. However, Im looking more forward to your full completed setup run, on race race, all out... Click here to enlarge

How long until fully completed?

I'll send you a PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    me too man, it really shouldnt be too much longer. i believe abid just purchased sheet-metal to fabricate the end tanks last friday. once he welds it all up that should be the final piece to the puzzle, that and fine tuning. i actually have never run racefuel so it might be scary at first lol. i replied to your PM, i look forward to working something out where we're both free. im down to run you with my old i/c, i like your reasoning Click here to enlarge the car still feels like a rocket.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    It is/was supposed to be a TT M5 by ASR... It has been 2+ years since they started on it. Moved locations, towed the car to new location and the engine was still in pieces a while ago. I dont think it is completed. Was the hood open when you saw it? Did you see any turbos or just the intake cones? The whole project might have been scratched... Knowing the owner, if it was completed, IM sure we would have seen dynos/threads of it on 6speedonline... but nothing yet... who knows...
    Owner is GT3Ranger and he is one pissed off fellow. I think the project has been scratched and so has a large portion of his bank account.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know who he is. I talked to him there. I told him who I was. He kept his answers to single word sentences and kept looking over his shoulders... It was weird. He looked a bit paranoid when I briefly talked to him.
    I was trying to be cool about the past crap, so I just asked about his recent GT3n suspension upgrades... ehh...
    Last edited by GT3; 10-12-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Owner is GT3Ranger and he is one pissed off fellow. I think the project has been scratched and so has a large portion of his bank account.
    I dont understand, I saw the car there, hood closed though. It must have been running because it was parked at the meet. Did they rebuild the engine back to stock or something? I noticed the two cone filters in the grills which is why i thought it was TT. Guess not, but it had to be running.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He owns 2 M5's. That one just had bolt-on's. The other one is the one that was undergoing the TT kit, which was not there, since it isnt running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd prefer 60-130 runs, etc... 1/4 time are too dependent on traction, tires and negate real everyday street/highway performance... I have zero traction on first gear. Zero...
    I wouldn't want to put that kind of stress on my car, at the strip, with radial tires, which is what I would really need in there...
    GT3, I understand the stress part, i agree i dont like to launch from a standstill and I prefer rolling races more realistic. But you say zero traction in first? IM CONFUSED????!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He owns 2 M5's. That one just had bolt-on's. The other one is the one that was undergoing the TT kit, which was not there, since it isnt running.
    Exactly.

How big of a bummer is that? Your one M5 isn't finished and you blew a bunch of cash on it with no end in sight and then you go buy another M5?
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    GT3, I understand the stress part, i agree i dont like to launch from a standstill and I prefer rolling races more realistic. But you say zero traction in first? IM CONFUSED????!!!
    Ya I don't really understand that either, R compounds and huge rear weight bias without that much torque and issues with traction?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge

I always drive with DSC/SC OFF, except when raining...
    And, the way my car was running with the Akrapovic/tune/gas setup (423whp/311wtq SAE) and R compound corsa tires, or even now with the Europipe/catless/tune/gas setup (410whp/305wtq SAE) Hankook V12 tires(cheap, but same as PS2's) , if I floor it from a standstill on 1st gear, roll 10-20mph and the floor it, or especially at 30mph roll at 4K rpm and then floor it, it will lose traction and the rpm needle will rockets to the 8.5K rpm redline, causing me to have to $#@!f into 2nd gear, unless I modulate the throttle in 1st. Because of the loss of traction doing that, when I shift into 2nd but Im not traveling at the speed I should be of 1st gear if I had traction, instead of 2nd gear putting me at around 6-7k rpm, it puts me are 4K rpm...
    It also has a wheel hop feeling at times... tries to grip but cant...

Remember, the car only weights 2950lbs with half tank of gas, and its putting down about 40 wtq and +30whp more than stock, throughout 3.7 to 5K powerband. About 25wtq and 15-30whp everywhere else in the powerband...

Loss of traction still happened in an airport that has industrial grade asphalt, which is extremely grippy...

First graph, you can see the difference of power and torque over stock, with the akrapovic set up. Second graph, you can see the current europipe set up, match the same akrapovic run in graph 1, all the way to 6-6.5K rpm...
    Click here to enlarge

Europipe catless Vs Akrapovic setup:
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by GT3; 10-13-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow...im surprised. I always floor it in 1st..im stock but still...even when the car isnt perfectly straight ill pretty much floor it and always grips.

I know the wheel hop thing, i had a c2s i tried lauching at 4k rpm in the rain...thump thump thump, thought the car was gona break.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I drove with the DSC/SC on, I would have melted my rear PCCBs by now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GT3 i see that dyno shop is on wiles road, like 20 min from me. Do they do RWD only dynos too? How much do they charge?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its an AWD Dynojet, but they can dyno FWD and RWD as well. Its $75 for 4-5 pulls.
    Last edited by GT3; 10-17-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12