Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cool 135i vs 997 carrera s

Was just headed home when a Porsche flew up on me. I quickly downshifted and cut him off from passing like an a hole figuring he would go back after me once it opened up again. Waited a few min and then he seized the opportunity and I saw him go into the other lane and nail it. He was about 3 cars back and got a good jump before I nailed it. BY the time I did he was at my door and from 80to 130 I pulled a good 2 to 3 cars before I had to shut it down due to traffic. All in all it was about what I expected but I haven'thad many runs with fast cars so it was good for confirmation since my car is a bastard setup. Running dinan stage 2 + jb+ stack at 3/4 setting so roughly 17psi, e30 blend, dci's and dinan cat back . not sure how this equates to anything HP wise but he def had the advantage in aerodynamics up top so I was happy with the outcome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good kill!!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice kill. Always feels good to take down a 911.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, it was exciting to say the least. At the end of the day he's driving home in the better car, but I know he's going to be scratching his head wondering how he couldn't take down a lowly 135i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the new CS with pdk?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It had the facelift with the new style front bumper so it must have been 10-12 (not sure exactly when they did the revision)

I dont know if it was pdk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice kill!

I had a similar experience with my old FBO 335. It was a 10' carrera S and he looked shocked. I pulled a car and a half from 55-120ish. I know the feeling, puts a big smile on your face!

BTW why are you running a bastard tune setup? You can pick up a used JB4, Cobb, etc.. pretty easily these days.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car came with the dinan stuff so i was limited by lack of compatibility (cobb wont read the dinan tune as a backup and JB4 only controls boost on the map that is designed to stack) and cheapness

Even if i go out and buy a jb4 the max boost with the stack will still be 1psi lower than what i am currently running (13.2psi tune plus 3.75 on the jb+)so until i have reason (downpipes, meth etc) may as well not mess with success. 12k miles on it, no problems, hard driven every day. I have nothing scientific and no numbers to back anything up, but before the stack i didn't always spin through 2nd sometimes .Now it spins 255 PS's all the way though 3rd so all i know is it's faster than it was. Granted not as good as an optimized tune but all the other options would really require i go back to stock before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice run. The P owner prolly goes dang it i should have gotten an used 997.1 TT :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Nice run. The P owner prolly goes dang it i should have gotten an used 997.1 TT :-)
    Definitely would do that instead if I had the $$$
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bumping this thread rather than creating a new one cause i just had another takedown. actually make that two. for some reason 911 guys keep trying to show off with their wives/girlfriends in the car. a ways back i had another carrera s but a vert trying to race me from stoplight to stoplight and i kept edging him out. finally pulled a couple cars to about 110 when the lights were spaced out a bit further. he did not look happy and i could tell the misses wasnt all that impressed either

then today i had another guy in a 2015 c4s, i could tell by the color, rwd (no strip connecting tails) driving like a dickweed trying to pass me from a few cars back. hammered it for a few seconds and slowed down for traffic and he got up my ass waiting to pass once it opened up, which it did. let him get the hit, nailed it while he was at back bumper. end result was 3 cars from about 80-140. slowed down and he sped off looking butthurt. i seriously dont get these guys. it keeps happening. feel like half my run ins are with NA 911's these days

oh and mods now are my e50 tune with e50 obviously, dirty ass dci's , spearco fmic and aa axleback. all cats in place. also have never had a carbon cleaning, have 98k on it, and have crappy plugs. there is certainly room for improvement

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    i seriously dont get these guys. it keeps happening. feel like half my run ins are with NA 911's these days
    Keep enjoying. Nothing beats taking the smug look of superiority off their faces.

Especially considering they think their stock Carrera S is oh so fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are like the mustang owners of the corporate world...well before mustang ACTUALLY got fast lol

Run around thinking they will demolish everything out there. The best thing is that amongst the superficial, the 1 series is the cheapest of all the BMW lineup so all they know is that they were beat by a lowly 135I

God, now I need to swap out these snails and start making some real power Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    God, now I need to swap out these snails and start making some real power
    What's stopping you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's stopping you?
    A joint account and the fact that we now have a little one on the way lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A joint account and the fact that we now have a little one on the way lol
    Yeah... I'm staying single. Not that thousands of women are asking me to get them pregnant or anything anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm not getting any younger so I guess it's now or never. Not to mention that once they get to be a few years old I can pawn the dogs off on them and actually get some freedom around the house without an entourage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice kill! I end up racing Porsches/AMG's/M's/Audi R8 all the time and they hate when a 135i beats them especially being in their hometown. It's probably the crazy sound that the VTT inlets give my RB's when I shift lol. I need to start using my GoPro before I leave Germany.
    RB's, Motiv PI, AR Downpipes, ARK exhaust, Stett CAI, Stett CP TAIL BOV, ETS FMIC, 1M Ohlins road and track conversion, M3 Bushings, VTT inlets, BMS Clutch Stop. SPEC Stage 3+ with MFactory flywheel