Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool on new car, did you even take a look at fiesta? Besides, do you like something new once in a while as keeping your E90 would cost you less in the long run (than buying a new car).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Should be able to get it over 300 wheel?
    That sounds completely reasonable for an FWD car from a driveability perspective.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    Well I got the ST!! In tuxedo black. I absolutely love it!!! Just gotta get used to that 6spd as its my first manual. Car is incredibly easy to drive and has many great features I wish I had on the e90. The recaro seats are incredible as well. Thing packs a punch when standing on the throttle!
    Congratulations on the car! An congrats for getting a manual. You'll never want to go back to automatic unless you get serious into racing or something silly like that.

Looking at the picture, it looks like a really nice car. Judging from the magazine reviews you seem to have made a great choice based on what you were looking for. I'd like to hear more about it from your perspective as an owner once you get more time with it. Ford seems to be doing some great things with their cars right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    That sounds completely reasonable for an FWD car from a driveability perspective.Click here to enlarge
    I think you might be surprised as to how well the newer front wheel drive are putting their power down. 300 wheel for a FWD is hardly too much. We have guys doing double that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Cool on new car, did you even take a look at fiesta? Besides, do you like something new once in a while as keeping your E90 would cost you less in the long run (than buying a new car).
    I wanted something new, Fiesta was pretty expensive optioned out and not as cool or powerful IMO.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    Congratulations on the car! An congrats for getting a manual. You'll never want to go back to automatic unless you get serious into racing or something silly like that.

Looking at the picture, it looks like a really nice car. Judging from the magazine reviews you seem to have made a great choice based on what you were looking for. I'd like to hear more about it from your perspective as an owner once you get more time with it. Ford seems to be doing some great things with their cars right now.
    This car is so much fun everyday.. Doesn't feel like other fwd cars I've driven in the corners, it's planted.
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanted something new, Fiesta was pretty expensive optioned out and not as cool or powerful IMO.

This car is so much fun everyday.. Doesn't feel like other fwd cars I've driven in the corners, it's planted.
    How are you liking it now that you've had it awhile? I have a baby on the way and like the idea of getting an ST as a daily/kid hauler/dog hauler. Unless you guys have any other ideas. For me must have four doors, room for at least two dogs in back, average around 25mpg, and be fun to drive. Only thing else comes to mind is a hatch Sti but those for a 2008 are still in the mid 20's which seems way to high for a 6 year old car and won't get more than 20mpg. Plus I had an 05 Sti and hated the build quality.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    How are you liking it now that you've had it awhile? I have a baby on the way and like the idea of getting an ST as a daily/kid hauler/dog hauler. Unless you guys have any other ideas. For me must have four doors, room for at least two dogs in back, average around 25mpg, and be fun to drive. Only thing else comes to mind is a hatch Sti but those for a 2008 are still in the mid 20's which seems way to high for a 6 year old car and won't get more than 20mpg. Plus I had an 05 Sti and hated the build quality.
    Absolutely love it. Very easy to own and super practical while being a blast to drive everyday. I have more fun driving this than my old 335. Build quality is excellent, interior is very comfortable, materials of interior are pretty solid for its price. Can't really think of any cons at the price I paid and the amount of car I got for the money.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    golf R ? AWD > FWD

ive driven the focus with a custom cobb tune and motor mounts , i dig it though.. nice little car with decent interior and nice power band for DDing. Seats are not welcoming to bigger people though...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    golf R ? AWD > FWD

ive driven the focus with a custom cobb tune and motor mounts , i dig it though.. nice little car with decent interior and nice power band for DDing. Seats are not welcoming to bigger people though...
    Thanks for the tip, I'll look into the golf. Would love to get one with the DSG, but I'm guessing it will be a good deal more money than the ST.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely love it. Very easy to own and super practical while being a blast to drive everyday. I have more fun driving this than my old 335. Build quality is excellent, interior is very comfortable, materials of interior are pretty solid for its price. Can't really think of any cons at the price I paid and the amount of car I got for the money.
    Awesome! Glad your still loving it. Now, when are you gunna start modding it? I was reading about how the stock fmic has a shutter system with a motor to open and close them. Sounds weird but I guess it's to help with mpgs when it's closed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! Glad your still loving it. Now, when are you gunna start modding it? I was reading about how the stock fmic has a shutter system with a motor to open and close them. Sounds weird but I guess it's to help with mpgs when it's closed.
    So far I have a muffler delete and a cobb open end filter(not the full intake system). Its sounds real nice with these two cheap mods. eventually I will go fbo but not for a little while.

Pretty sure the shudder system helps the car warm up quicker. It will be deleted when I eventually get an intercooler.
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So far I have a muffler delete and a cobb open end filter(not the full intake system). Its sounds real nice with these two cheap mods. eventually I will go fbo but not for a little while.

Pretty sure the shudder system helps the car warm up quicker. It will be deleted when I eventually get an intercooler.
    Yeah I read about that as well. If I get one I'll most likely just do Cobb, a splash of e85 so I can run the 93 octane maps and a fmic since I read the stock one sucks and causes the car to heatsoak and be inconsistent. Probably the mmt too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123