Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    Don't know if this thread is still relevant.

I started using a buffer for the first time today. It's a basic buffer that goes back and forth, nothing to advanced. Being my first time I didn't want to risk messing up the paint. My question is when I apply the wax, how long should I wait to start buffing it. Also after I buff it how long should I wait to wipe it down with the cloth.
    What products are you using? If you are using a paste wax, i would do it by hand for best results. If you are using a liguid wax or sealant, the buffer should be fine. Wax and sealants are easy, you just want to apply it and really spread it out nice and thin. Wait until it dries to a haze, and buff it off with a nice clean microfiber towel.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    What products are you using? If you are using a paste wax, i would do it by hand for best results. If you are using a liguid wax or sealant, the buffer should be fine. Wax and sealants are easy, you just want to apply it and really spread it out nice and thin. Wait until it dries to a haze, and buff it off with a nice clean microfiber towel.
    It was a basic wax that I got from autozone, forgot the name of it but it was in a yellow container. It is a paste wax, kind of looks like hummus haha. If I'm using a buffer, I shouldn't have to wipe it down with a microfiber cloth? That's what I was doing. The results turned out better than I expected, especially for the first time missed a few spots though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    It was a basic wax that I got from autozone, forgot the name of it but it was in a yellow container. It is a paste wax, kind of looks like hummus haha. If I'm using a buffer, I shouldn't have to wipe it down with a microfiber cloth? That's what I was doing. The results turned out better than I expected, especially for the first time missed a few spots though.
    You can apply and remove the wax with the buffer if you would like, but i prefer to do both by hand as i feel like it lets you observe details much better. Glad it turned out good.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can apply and remove the wax with the buffer if you would like, but i prefer to do both by hand as i feel like it lets you observe details much better. Glad it turned out good.
    I'll be sure to try it that way next time, I guess I did get carried away with how much I was applying to the car. Thought more would be better, realized how much more of an effort I had to put in to take it off haha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Scorpion, with sealants and waxes you want to really try to spread them out as this as possible for best results. More is definitely NOT better.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Scorpion, with sealants and waxes you want to really try to spread them out as this as possible for best results. More is definitely NOT better.
    Yeah, I'll definitely need to keep that in mind next time. I was getting a upper body workout with how much effort it was to wipe it off. Also made a bit of a mistake of getting it in between some of the groves between the panels. Was about to get most of it out, hopefully the rest washes away with rain or something. I'm sure after I do a couple more washes and buffs it'll look even better. I'm glad I got the hang of it somewhat, really surprised with how much different it made. I need to get a new micro cloth that goes on top of the buffer as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234