Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Video - USTCC Race Win in E90

Now THAT was a race! Started 4th, got balked at the start when 2nd place stalled on the start and lost a position to teammate Larry Bani. Larry let me back past him quickly and I then focused on Curt Simmons in the Honda. I caught up to him in a few laps and made the pass on him into Turn 1. Then I focused on Mike Sekhon in 2nd. There was a 2 second gap and for several laps I couldn't make any ground on him. A little after half way the gap started to close down and I reeled him in. We were in close formation for several laps and I tried a couple of moves that didn't stick. On the last lap I got a really strong run out of 5&6, and was able to stay close through 8 & 9. I kept the pressure on in the braking zone in 10 and attempted to get an overlap into 11. Mike missed his downshift to 3rd entering 10 and had a brief moment of no drive at the apex, which was enough for me to get the overlap I needed. I drove deep into 11 and Mike gave me room and I was through! An exciting race win and clean driving by all!

I think I set a record for most different race cars driven in a USTCC race weekend at three.

Many thanks again to Larry Bani, Ali Arsham and the entire GoGoGear.com team for pulling out all the stops to make this win possible! THANK YOU!

We leave round 3 in the championship lead with a bigger gap than when we got here. Considering how bad this weekend could have been, this is an awesome result for the team!

Gary

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome race. Chip away turn by turn. I noticed you hugged some of those corners a bit better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn that was great. last 10 minutes were intense. it's the pressure that you were putting on Mike that made him miss his downshift, nicely done