Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Tuned F13 BMW M6 vs tuned 4Matic W212 E63 AMG from a roll on the highway

Two tuned twin turbo German V8's going at it on the highway here. The F13 BMW M6 coupe is the camera car. It features a Stage 2 tune from PP-Performance along with their downpipes and an Akrapovic rear section. The E63 AMG is the 4Matic all wheel drive facelift model and it has a tune from Gorilla racing and aftermarket downpipes. The M6 is lighter by roughly 400 pounds and sends its power to the rear wheels through a dual clutch transmission meaning on paper it has the advantage in this type of race.

Click here to enlarge

In the first run the M6 takes a huge jump. It isn't much of a race due to the M6 starting early. The second run is a much better race although again the M6 is starting on the second honk (it is pretty lame when people don't race fair). The cars are even through the gear but by 100 miles per hour the M6 is starting to pull. It continues to pull past up to 150 and the race is over.

The video thanks PP-Performance and many of these PP-P videos released appear to be marketing driven. It is no surprise to see the M6 take the win on the highway against the heavier all wheel drive E63 although some data and posting races of even starts instead of when one car cheats certainly would be better to see.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something is wrong,that is a huge gap.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cturbos Click here to enlarge
    Well the M6 starts early but it's going to be the faster car from a roll. It's lighter, DCT, rear wheel drive, etc.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cturbos Click here to enlarge
    Nothing is wrong in the video.

check out Dragtimes from Moscow UNlim 500+

check out what an M6 from PP-P is trapping in speed and the time it takes to finish the mile against an E63 from gorilla with upgraded turbos

M6 from PP-P : 310km , time: 27.7s
    E63 from Gorilla racing: 280 , time: 30.8s

A difference of 3 second in the mile run and 30km in trap speed

am I surprised at the video above? NO

i actually expected it before I watched it.
    good job Jimmy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you were attentive you would check all the entries and find that the best results of E63 that day were 11.1 per 1/4 at 205km/h and 27.9 at 298km/h per 1 mile. The mod turbos gave nothing due to the first attempts (remember that event dated last autumn) with 4matic ECU tuning. Hence the car was making not more than 700 hp which is rather moderate even for current stock turbo mods of Renntech, Weistec and AMS. Besides that day (when PPP made their movie) another E63 4matic by Sportmile on stock turbos passed them easily, but they are reluctant to publish it. If i manage to find it on YouTube - will put here the link.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i really hate companies that have the BMW mentality user group...we are best ,all hail us and oh the rest all suck!
    ...sorry for the stereo typing -.-

Not surprised about the results of the E63 4matic, as tunners don't seem to know how to tune it yet, from the several comparisons we have already seen of stock older version or tune only 63's beating upgraded turbo cars badly...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zod Click here to enlarge
    Not surprised about the results of the E63 4matic, as tunners don't seem to know how to tune it yet, from the several comparisons we have already seen of stock older version or tune only 63's beating upgraded turbo cars badly...
    The older M157 63's are rear wheel drive and lighter. They should be faster from a roll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The older M157 63's are rear wheel drive and lighter. They should be faster from a roll.
    vs upgraded turbos?
    come on....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zod Click here to enlarge
    vs upgraded turbos?
    come on....
    What upgraded turbos are you talking about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Stay tuned, i believe that my E63 S 4matic Renntech which currently has 750AWHP will show its power at the upcoming Moscow Unlim500+ event both on standing mile (which will be on training day since they cut it on official day to 1 km due to the fact that UG Lambos and AMS Alphas were trapping at 400+ km/h) and 1/4. I hope that newly bought Cup2 will help to launch on the tarmac (there is no glue on the road there), being still DOT tyres.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vasily1 Click here to enlarge
    Stay tuned, i believe that my E63 S 4matic Renntech which currently has 750AWHP will show its power at the upcoming Moscow Unlim500+ event both on standing mile (which will be on training day since they cut it on official day to 1 km due to the fact that UG Lambos and AMS Alphas were trapping at 400+ km/h) and 1/4. I hope that newly bought Cup2 will help to launch on the tarmac (there is no glue on the road there), being still DOT tyres.
    How do you know that you are making 750 AWHP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone else reading his posts like Niko's cousin Roman from GTA4? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure why anyone would think this race couldn't go this way...BMW has more power, weighs a ton less, has a better transmission, much lighter and more efficient drive train, probably a bit more aerodynamic...honestly I'm surprised the gap wasn't a bit bigger.

To be fair, it sounds like on the second run he realizes he jumps it and backs off to let the guy in the E63 catch up. You can hear the engine cough like S63s do when you let off the gas quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff man. Not familiar with that dyno but thanks for posting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Sure, you are always welcome. As of now there are only 2 tuners able to reach 850 at crank for M157 on 4matic setup: Brabus and Renntech. But as i know unlike my Renntech making 750/850 for AWHP/crank respectively Brabus exaggerating a bit their crank 850 since due to my sources they have only 690-700AWHP. Anyway as soon as i get my car from Renntech Germany and bring it to Russia i will have some races in Moscow with Brabus B850RWD, will post here for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi Vasily, I wish you good luck for moscow unlim.I'm sure Lukas made a good package for your car. On youtube you can search for Brabus CLS 850 Shooting Brake on th dyno,854 PS at the crank,1261 NM. It was on a Maha, which is nearly equal to your Superflow regarding Crank HP. WHP can not be compared between Maha and Superflow. By the way, is the white CLS63 from Gorilla Racing also starting? Isnt it the fastest Benz up to now with 322 KM/H on the standing mile at Moscow Unlim?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi there, didn't know that WHP on Maha and Superflow are incomparable. Anyway the race will show who is better ;-). As for Gorilla, yes they are participating as well and they currently hold a trap speed record for a standing mile (322km/h). I will race against both from roll before the event just to see how cool Renntech is even compared to lighter RWD competitors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great! This will be very interesting. Wish you good luck and please keep us posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vasily1 Click here to enlarge
    Sure, you are always welcome. As of now there are only 2 tuners able to reach 850 at crank for M157 on 4matic setup: Brabus and Renntech. But as i know unlike my Renntech making 750/850 for AWHP/crank respectively Brabus exaggerating a bit their crank 850 since due to my sources they have only 690-700AWHP. Anyway as soon as i get my car from Renntech Germany and bring it to Russia i will have some races in Moscow with Brabus B850RWD, will post here for sure.

GAD Motors reached 857HP E63 4matic ..
    My life is a never ending race, and my home is the race track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well the M6 starts early but it's going to be the faster car from a roll. It's lighter, DCT, rear wheel drive, etc.
    I laughed at a supertanker being lighter than anything !
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge