Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Tuned F13 BMW M6 vs stock Ferrari FF highway rolls

The Ferrari FF is an interesting Ferrari to say the least. It has Ferrari's well known naturally aspirated V12 with 6.3 liters of displacement sending 660 horsepower through a seven speed dual clutch gearbox. Where things get a bit different is that this Ferrari has all wheel drive (the first production all wheel drive Ferrari) and it seats four. A four seat all wheel drive Ferrari? The world has seen stranger things come out of Maranello.

Click here to enlarge

In a highway roll on the Ferrari is already at a disadvantage. 660 horsepower is nothing to sneeze at but the M6 features a Stage 2 tune from PP-Performance. The M6 has more power and torque and it sends that power and torque to the rear wheels. On paper, this is the M6's race.

In the first run the FF does very well. The cars are even up until 130 where the FF lets off. In the second race the M6 jumps on the second honk and pulls easily when the FF lets off (with quite a bit of traffic ahead anyway). The third run again has the M6 get a bit of a lead to start and it isn't much of a run.

The fourth and final run features the best start for the FF. By 110 miles per hour the M6 starts to pull on the FF decisively. By 150 miles per hour it has several car lengths on it but the FF does well considering it is stock.

The tuned M6 is clearly the faster car of the two but the owner really should pick on someone his own size. Beating up a on a stock Ferrari is great and all but it is no surprise to see a tuned twin turbo V8 rear wheel drive M6 take an easy win on the highway.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems about right. I absolutely love the FF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah yeah yeah the tuned M6 is fast and stuff whatever interesting story

the sound of that Ferrari tho Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The FF is really ugly. But great engine. That V12 sound! Ahhh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The FF is an odd car, but I like it also. There is a guy in Chicago with a green one that parks in my garage. Drives it slowly around in "automatic" mode, so am guessing it's a statement rather than a toy (however, have seen it limited times and always on city streets - so who knows)...

Kinda what most Ferraris seem to be these days, which is a shame. Click here to enlarge

I don't know why (probably because people like things that shine/blink?) - and it sounds really stupid, but I really like that single LED turn signal on the FF Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The FF is interesting. I never thought Ferrari would build anything like it.

If I had a ton of cash and needed a car for when I go snowboarding I'd want it to be the FF.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The FF is going for well into the 200's which is interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have the official Forgiato FF here Click here to enlarge

I've driven the FF and a BMS tuned M6- both are retardedly fun to drive, but the ferarri is just amazing on the inside. plus AWD