Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Many car guys think street legal supercars will always run down bikes on the top end because of a better cd. While true for stock bikes, turbo big bore super bikes are different. I know cars will ultimately be quicker and faster than bikes( drag racing, F1, Bonneville salt flats).Better grip and more power etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    running someone down in the topend its about absolute power and drag, weight wont really affect top speed to any great degree in comparison to drag and power to weight tells you nothing.

A 1000hp 3500lb e90 m3 will beat a 500hp 1750lb e90 m3 at high speed every day of the week but at low speed they will be much the same

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digger Click here to enlarge
    weight wont really affect top speed to any great degree in comparison to drag and power to weight tells you nothing.
    Absolutely right.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
    However, a turbo Hayabusa or ZX-14R with 500+ rwhp properly ridden and geared will not be caught period by the Veyron, Adventador insert Supercar here " ". Some of them are running 270mph+ in the standing mile.
    What kind of frickin lunatic would ever turbo a Busa??Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    What kind of frickin lunatic would ever turbo a Busa??Click here to enlarge
    There are lots of guys doing it. Drag racers and standing mile racers along with Bonneville Salt Flat racers. I have seen 350 rwhp turbo busas for 15 grand used for sale on the forums. Very cheap speed. I have a 2000 ZX12R. Plenty fast for my riding abilities. Too much really. But there are people that can ride. Have you seen the Ghostrider videos. Guy is nuts. 180+ mph wheelies.

Ron

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are lots of guys doing it. Drag racers and standing mile racers along with Bonneville Salt Flat racers. I have seen 350 rwhp turbo busas for 15 grand used for sale on the forums. Very cheap speed. I have a 2000 ZX12R. Plenty fast for my riding abilities. Too much really. But there are people that can ride. Have you seen the Ghostrider videos. Guy is nuts. 180+ mph wheelies.

Ron
    It was sarcasm.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It was sarcasm.
    Really? I guess I missed that.

Sticky, any new info on the Turbo S85. I have a 2007 M6. Any idea of what this setup will cost installed and tuned.

Ron

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really? I guess I missed that.
    Yeah, you have to be familiar with him.

Sticky, any new info on the Turbo S85. I have a 2007 M6. Any idea of what this setup will cost installed and tuned.
    You're looking at ~$20k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Any idea of what kind of power it will make? Would that include any internal upgrades needed along with SMG mods to handle the power? Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any idea of what kind of power it will make? Would that include any internal upgrades needed along with SMG mods to handle the power? Thanks!
    I mean I can give you a ballpark of 7XX on stock internals.

Internal upgrades are separate. A built motor, a properly built motor, isn't cheap.

The SMG is not too difficult to upgrade. It just depends how far you want to push it. Keep the boost mild and you will be fine. Get addicted and be ready to open up your wallet and then some.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info. Not ready to do anything just yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ron
    Click here to enlarge Both of my turbo bikes are posted in the bike section here
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Both of my turbo bikes are posted in the bike section here
    Hence the sarcasm I missedClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12