Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Integrated Engineering VW naturally aspirated 2.5 liter inline-5 intake manifold for MKV/MKVI Golf shows gains of almost 50 horsepower and revs to 7400 rpm

Some love for the naturally aspirated Volkswagen inline-5 2.5 motor! This is a very cool setup from Integrated Engineering which will fit all 2.5 motors produced from 2005-2012 with the electric power steering system. The stock horsepower for the 2.5 inline-5 is 170 horsepower and the torque falls off hard toward the redline. Very, very hard. The Integrated Engineering manifold solves this problem allowing the car to breathe much better up top and rev out to 7400 rpm.

Gains are about 48 horsepower at the crank, impressive. Yes, the manifold comes with software which allows the higher redline. As shown in the horsepower and torque graph below, the difference is night and day in power and torque as well as rpm.

This is a direct bolt on kit including all hardware necessary along with the software. It is priced at a very reasonable $1499 for the manifold, software, and associated hardware. Well worth it to completely transform the car. Check out the video below of a car with the stock manifold and the Integrated Engineering manifold with software set to rev to 7800 rpm.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Left:
    2008 VW Rabbit 2.5L 5 speed stock rev limit.
    No modifications
    91 octane.

Right:
    2008 VW Rabbit 2.5L 5 speed
    IE stage 1 manifold software 7800RPM rev limit.
    IE intake manifold
    91 octane

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lmfao and the fuel levels were different too. The one with the mods almost had a full tank. The one stock was near empty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    lmfao and the fuel levels were different too. The one with the mods almost had a full tank. The one stock was near empty.
    Not to mention the stock ran during cooler temperatures.

With all these mods coming out for the golf, Im going to have to figure out what I want to do with my car, can't have a N/A golf blowing my doors off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Not to mention the stock ran during cooler temperatures.

With all these mods coming out for the golf, Im going to have to figure out what I want to do with my car, can't have a N/A golf blowing my doors off.

Exactly, F/I should always have more HP/TRQ across the range!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, F/I should always have more HP/TRQ across the range!
    All things equal I would agree with you. However the golf packs a 2.5l 5cylinder, while I have a 2.0 4cylinder. So even though my car makes more power and would walk this car, but if they keep coming out with mods for the 2.5 (cheaper car, bigger market) that could very well change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    All things equal I would agree with you. However the golf packs a 2.5l 5cylinder, while I have a 2.0 4cylinder. So even though my car makes more power and would walk this car, but if they keep coming out with mods for the 2.5 (cheaper car, bigger market) that could very well change.
    I think this is a very impressive mod. I always thought the 2.5 NA motor was a pile of junk. This is at least makes it interesting.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    for the money not bad, but that motor is the N52 of the VW world. Just not an ideal starting point. Not bad though, 50 hp...
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. Weird thing is people do mod them and do a bunch of stuff with them.

It is the N52 of the VW world.