Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well said sticky the dct m5 picks up 3mph, these cars were damn near 20mph apart

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    +10000
    100% what i was trying to say! i agree the dct is faster, but the title and entire thread is very misleading when so many facts are missing including what tranny is in the car for god sakes
    It's misleading? You have two videos. You are confused by them somehow? They are CGI?

The main difference between the cars is the transmission. The result is what it is.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well said sticky the dct m5 picks up 3mph, these cars were damn near 20mph apart
    Who knows if they are apart power wise? Who knows what they are each putting out? What fuel? What maps? etc.

All we know is what happened.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who knows if they are apart power wise? Who knows what they are each putting out? What fuel? What maps? etc.

All we know is what happened.
    how can you type that but also type the "fact" that the dct car did better as a result of the transmission??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how can you type that but also type the "fact" that the dct car did better as a result of the transmission??
    It did do better as a result of the transmission. The degree to which it did better is clearly open up to interpretation without any supplemental details but there is no denying it is a FACT the DCT offers a performance benefit over the automatic and manual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    2 of my friends are both FBO + METH with a PTF Tune that pushes the cars to the max(19 psi). 1 is DCT and the other is Manual. When ever they race they would basically be neck and neck. dont matter if its from a dig or 60 roll. So yes the Title is misleading because its UNTRUE!!!. Yes i agree the DCT shifts faster then ANY Manual but the difference isnt how you exaggerated it to be @Sticky
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    Yes i agree the DCT shifts faster then ANY Manual but the difference isnt how you exaggerated it to be
    Exaggerate what? I posted directly in this thread what the difference is. It's 3 miles per hour and 4/10's in the 1/4 mile. What am I exaggerating?

It makes a big difference. The DCT car does much better. That's all I stated and it's all correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exaggerate what? I posted directly in this thread what the difference is. It's 3 miles per hour and 4/10's in the 1/4 mile. What am I exaggerating?

It makes a big difference. The DCT car does much better. That's all I stated and it's all correct.
    but the vid shows 20mph and about 4 bus lengths so its mis leading

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but the vid shows 20mph and about 4 bus lengths so its mis leading
    I'm not responsible for the video and 'exaggerating' 20 mph doesn't make much sense either.

You have two 335's with the same mods. One has a DCT. It does well. That's it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I disagree for a few reasons... First being similar tunes is such a vague term, if logs were provided by both cars that show that both cars are running to there optimum potential than you're argument holds a bit more merit. But even still our n54 powered cars show big discrepancies from one car to the next all the time... Tuning is not the whole picture because both can request 13° and 20lbs of boost but what's car As boost curve set up at, how does his rbs hold boost because some have shown to hold much better towards redline etc.. My 135 6m never lost to another n54 ever never ran more boost or timing than anyone else, just ran strong, that happens

And second no where have I seen any 335is running higher mph or faster ets than a few tenths 2-3 max.. What that video shows is a car down 50hp.. Iat? Fuels used, what Meth content if any.. Didn't really look into details yet but if this was science your conclusion is more of a hypothesis waiting to be proven
    @Sticky your such a biased person when it comes to backing up your belief's , your completely closed minded to viewing the other side of anything! Obviously nobody can dispute the FACT that dct is faster and more efficient but to use this video as an example to represent that is absurd on so many levels. Starting with the FACT that we are not 100% sure that the car isn't an auto. That was a roll race they probably only went into 2 gears, there is no way on this planet that it would be bus length differences if only the transmission was difference. When you look at stock cars the trap speeds are with 2mph of each other if not the same, in the video we just saw these cars were probably 10-15mph apart! Do you personally know both cars? both drivers? were they both on kill? did someone miss a shift? was one on pump one on race gas?? WHO KNOWS!?!?!?
    I can't rep either of you any more or I would. I thought I was the only one paying attention. No way a transmission causes that hard of a pull, MID GEAR.
    C6 Z06 - 600whp+ (Chuck MF'ing Norris)
    '10 335i - 830whp (Bruce Lee)
    '07 335i - 380whp (Dolph Lundgren)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have come to a conclusion... theyd all get WAXED by a 997... they are ALL Slow... Enjoy your cars people

121 with no meth stock turnos is very good... think the record is 123 but 121 is def in upper 95%
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I have come to a conclusion... theyd all get WAXED by a 997... they are ALL Slow... Enjoy your cars people

121 with no meth stock turnos is very good... think the record is 123 but 121 is def in upper 95%
    oh my god.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge

Keep in mind the N54 DCT timing at post shift rarely drops in the negative and has an instant recovery.
    This! Love my DCT except when launching, lol.
    E92 335is DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At 20psi the 135i ran around 158mph that run and I think Jon said the M5 did around 155mph that run.
    The M5 ran pretty decently but we had to lower the boost as the day went on. The s63tu seems very susceptible to misfire codes. Another customer there trying to run +5psi on to of a CP flash was getting misfire codes as well. I lowered him down to +3.75 but left shortly after so didn't get a chance to see if that resolved it. The motors likely need a tighter gapped plug for higher boost levels.

I think when it was running the 6psi meth additive it ran a 7.9 60-130. Which is pretty good for the conditions. The 135i's best of the day was around 6.8s.
    From T on other forum...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I was a bit heat soaked on that run, and also, my car is running no meth, E50 tune, and is down about 50whp compared to the 335is car. Previously, when my car had meth and ms109, it tied a tuned M5 and annihilated a stock one:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sick335 Click here to enlarge
    I was a bit heat soaked on that run, and also, my car is running no meth, E50 tune, and is down about 50whp compared to the 335is car. Previously, when my car had meth and ms109, it tied a tuned M5 and annihilated a stock one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68M2NQNNBGc
    About time the vids start trickling out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    About time the vids start trickling out.
    Sorry, i usually dont waste my time with this forum as it's mostly drama, or you talking trash. I'm not about that, just accidentally noticed this thread which included my car, and wanted to clear some things up for the people that do waste their time around here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, i usually dont waste my time with this forum as it's mostly drama, or you talking trash. I'm not about that, just accidentally noticed this thread which included my car, and wanted to clear some things up for the people that do waste their time around here.
    Some people see what they want to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Waste their time? Yet you're using the BimmerBoost flash software aren't you? Yep, clearly a waste of time.

Cool, enjoy it. SUCH a big waste of time.

Too bad you are too big of a douchebag to give credit for those who have helped you. Oh, like, um, me.

Way to prove you aren't about drama by being about drama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Popular quote in a BMW community: "Sticky is an idiot".
    You keep proving it right time and time again.
    I have nothing else to say to you, keep playing king in your fort made of shiт

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Popular quote in a BMW community: "Sticky is an idiot".
    'World is flat' was a popular quote too. So was 'she's a witch!'

You keep proving it right time and time again.
    For sure! I'm so stupid I'm using software you helped developed to flash my car. Oh wait, is it the other way around? I'm not sure I'm too stupid to figure it out.

I have nothing else to say to you, keep playing king in your fort made of shiт
    What a drama free class act! What a guy. You're awesome bro, hi5.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123