Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

HRE FlowForm Wheels for the Porsche Boxster and Cayman Now Available!

They're here! HRE FF01 FlowForm Wheels for the 981/987 Boxster and Cayman models.

19" FlowForm fitment for the 981/987 Porsche Boxster & Cayman (no hub rings or spacers required)
    19x8.5 (22.2 lbs.) & 19x10 (24 lbs.)

20" FlowForm fitment for the 981/987 Porsche Boxster & Cayman (no hub rings or spacers required)
    20x8.5 (23.8 lbs.) & 20x10 (24.8 lbs.)

Please do not hesitate to ask questions - you can also email them (including rendering requests) to [email protected]. Enjoy.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 04-21-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That red on gold actually looks awesome!!
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A few thoughts

1. The red on gold looks awesome, but there’s no way I could DD that. Just too much. For a photoshoot though…dead sexy.
    2. The revised Cayman looks absolutely beautiful. Not much on the market that looks better for the price point. Hell, at any price point.
    3. $3.1K per wheel? Or for a set? Per wheel that is noooooo joke. But I understand the quality and pedigree that comes with HREs.
    [I]E88 N54 w stuff
    MB w205 c450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    A few thoughts

1. The red on gold looks awesome, but there’s no way I could DD that. Just too much. For a photoshoot though…dead sexy.
    2. The revised Cayman looks absolutely beautiful. Not much on the market that looks better for the price point. Hell, at any price point.
    3. $3.1K per wheel? Or for a set? Per wheel that is noooooo joke. But I understand the quality and pedigree that comes with HREs.
    Heh it's for a set man. These are the 'affordable' HRE's.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Phew. I was gunna say....I mean they're beautiful wheels but close as makes no difference to $10K mounted for wheels? That would be fierce.

$3K is actually a "good deal" when you think about it. Stick what wheels are going on the M3?
    [I]E88 N54 w stuff
    MB w205 c450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $3K is actually a "good deal" when you think about it.
    Exactly, great deal and you get the HRE styling/name.

Stick what wheels are going on the M3?
    I have HRE C90's. I will probably have HRE refinish them for me and I may change up the color.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, great deal and you get the HRE styling/name.

I have HRE C90's. I will probably have HRE refinish them for me and I may change up the color.
    I very nearly purchased a square 20x10.5 et26 setup until I agreed that spending that much on a set of wheels that HRE doesn't even manufacture is crazy.

I think it's a bit lame on their part to push the "designed in San Diego" when they just contract some company in Japan to make the wheels for them and charge an arm amd leg to put their name on it and give you HRE center caps. Someone has been taking notes from Apple. Must be a Californian thing.

What bothered me was the statement about designing the beauty and quality "before leaving our facility". That sounds intentionally misleading to me. Props to HRE for providing a cheaper alternative for people that can't afford their forged wheels and just want the name, but they should clarify that these are not manufactured in America (since they've always made a big deal about that) instead of hiding behind some ambiguious marketing. But at least you get their customer service and warranty.

I apologize if I come off as rude, I don't mean to. I just don't appreciate misleading your customers, intentionally or not. For the exact same quality, you can get ForgeStar or Vorsteiner rotary forged/flow formed for less money. And the ForgeStars are much less expensive.
    Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Dual Cone Intake | VRSF CP & DPs | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Aerodynamics | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by C///M Click here to enlarge
    I very nearly purchased a square 20x10.5 et26 setup until I agreed that spending that much on a set of wheels that HRE doesn't even manufacture is crazy.

I think it's a bit lame on their part to push the "designed in San Diego" when they just contract some company in Japan to make the wheels for them and charge an arm amd leg to put their name on it and give you HRE center caps. Someone has been taking notes from Apple. Must be a Californian thing.

What bothered me was the statement about designing the beauty and quality "before leaving our facility". That sounds intentionally misleading to me. Props to HRE for providing a cheaper alternative for people that can't afford their forged wheels and just want the name, but they should clarify that these are not manufactured in America (since they've always made a big deal about that) instead of hiding behind some ambiguious marketing. But at least you get their customer service and warranty.

I apologize if I come off as rude, I don't mean to. I just don't appreciate misleading your customers, intentionally or not. For the exact same quality, you can get ForgeStar or Vorsteiner rotary forged/flow formed for less money. And the ForgeStars are much less expensive.
    No, no need to apologize. This is a public forum - as such, you are entitled to your opinion. Whether its construed to be rude or not, is subjective.

Yes, it might sound lame, but these wheels were indeed designed in San Diego after all. But for the consumer, we can assure you it's more than just spending $3k for a set of HRE center caps.

And yes. These wheels are made in Japan. We're sorry if we've been ambiguous about this but we have certainly not been hiding this fact; we've often promoted it as such, "Designed in San Diego, made in Japan".

We also apologize if we have seemed to be intentionally misleading customers - that is certainly not the case. We can assure you we've personally made the effort to inform every FlowForm inquirer of the fact that these wheels are being produced to the utmost quality standards by one of the absolute, best wheel manufacturers in the world, located in Japan.

As for your remark about these wheels being identical in quality to said companies is, in our honest opinion, arguable...but that's for another post and another day Click here to enlarge

If you have any further questions, we'd love to hear them! [email protected].

Thank you and have a great night!

HRE Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I appreciate your reply and I agree with your points. I should have been more careful with some of my statements and for that I do apologize. I may or may not have been misguided in how I perceived the advertisements for your flow forms, but that's the way it goes.

I feel I should add I am a big fan of yours. I'd love nothing more than to purchase a set of your forged wheels, I just can't rationalize the kind of money needed for the styles I like. That isnt to say your wheels aren't worth it, just that personally I'm not at a point in my life where I'm willing to spend that much on wheels (really it comes down to also reasoning with the wife, who isn't a car enthusiast). If only I could get a set of 20" P101's for $4k (please don't laugh), I'd be jumping for joy. So really I feel like I was the perfect target for your Flow Forms, but I just got hung up on them not being "true HREs" in my mind.

But anyway, as I said, I appreciate the reply and the openness. Here's to hoping there's a set of HREs in my future somewhere.

Edit: Can somebody rep HRE for how well they replied to my post? I'd do it but am new to BB.
    Last edited by C///M; 04-21-2014 at 03:50 AM.
    Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Dual Cone Intake | VRSF CP & DPs | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05 | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Aerodynamics | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE & More

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I appreciate your reply and I agree with your points. I should have been more careful with some of my statements and for that I do apologize. I may or may not have been misguided in how I perceived the advertisements for your flow forms, but that's the way it goes.

I feel I should add I am a big fan of yours. I'd love nothing more than to purchase a set of your forged wheels, I just can't rationalize the kind of money needed for the styles I like. That isnt to say your wheels aren't worth it, just that personally I'm not at a point in my life where I'm willing to spend that much on wheels (really it comes down to also reasoning with the wife, who isn't a car enthusiast). If only I could get a set of 20" P101's for $4k (please don't laugh), I'd be jumping for joy.

But anyway, as I said, I appreciate the reply and the openness. Here's to hoping there's a set of HREs in my future somewhere.
    Please, there is no need to apologize, we did not take any offense to your comments, whatsoever - we can handle opinions and criticisms. It's ignorant, spiteful remarks that irks us, so you're fine.

We understand completely. Our products are expensive. Period.

We often try and rationalize with our potential customers on how to come to grips with the price tag - exclusivity, customer support, performance, customizability, beauty...when you're purchasing an HRE product, you're purchasing something that's going to last, that's going to support you, should it ever let you down.

We're a family and treat you as such. We're not going to turn you away when you have a question about finishes or even when you're changing your order multiple times. When you place your order, we get excited for you, we show the process, offer guided tours and are at your service when needed. It's all part of the experience that we believe to be unique and often overlooked in this market.

The amount of money spent on HRE wheels is often, overwhelming, but what you are receiving in return, is what we believe to be, one of the best products in the industry - something you can be proud of.

It is absolutely okay if you cannot afford HREs - it doesn't make you any less "cool", or whatever. We understand it is an expensive commodity so there is no pressure. We absolutely love that you're a fan - it means the world to us, honestly.

Create a discreet savings account if you have to and save up Click here to enlarge Don't settle or compromise on your goals or dreams, we will still be here when you are ready. And judging by your character, sound ethics and intellect, that won't take long.

HRE Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels Click here to enlarge
    Please, there is no need to apologize, we did not take any offense to your comments, whatsoever - we can handle opinions and criticisms. It's ignorant, spiteful remarks that irks us, so you're fine.

We understand completely. Our products are expensive. Period.

We often try and rationalize with our potential customers on how to come to grips with the price tag - exclusivity, customer support, performance, customizability, beauty...when you're purchasing an HRE product, you're purchasing something that's going to last, that's going to support you, should it ever let you down.

We're a family and treat you as such. We're not going to turn you away when you have a question about finishes or even when you're changing your order multiple times. When you place your order, we get excited for you, we show the process, offer guided tours and are at your service when needed. It's all part of the experience that we believe to be unique and often overlooked in this market.

The amount of money spent on HRE wheels is often, overwhelming, but what you are receiving in return, is what we believe to be, one of the best products in the industry - something you can be proud of.

It is absolutely okay if you cannot afford HREs - it doesn't make you any less "cool", or whatever. We understand it is an expensive commodity so there is no pressure. We absolutely love that you're a fan - it means the world to us, honestly.

Create a discreet savings account if you have to and save up Click here to enlarge Don't settle or compromise on your goals or dreams, we will still be here when you are ready. And judging by your character, sound ethics and intellect, that won't take long.

HRE Wheels
    Thank you very much! You're signature says it pretty well, for those who don't need compromise. That's a pretty perfect slogan.

By the way, when I was looking at the FF01, I searched the internet for literally an absurd amount of time trying to locate an actual picture of the Fog finish. Your site's gallery didn't have anything when Fog was selected, but I am still curious. Any pictures or maybe a description? Is it gloss or matte? Textured or not, etc...

Thanks,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels Click here to enlarge
    No, no need to apologize. This is a public forum - as such, you are entitled to your opinion. Whether its construed to be rude or not, is subjective.

Yes, it might sound lame, but these wheels were indeed designed in San Diego after all. But for the consumer, we can assure you it's more than just spending $3k for a set of HRE center caps.

And yes. These wheels are made in Japan. We're sorry if we've been ambiguous about this but we have certainly not been hiding this fact; we've often promoted it as such, "Designed in San Diego, made in Japan".

We also apologize if we have seemed to be intentionally misleading customers - that is certainly not the case. We can assure you we've personally made the effort to inform every FlowForm inquirer of the fact that these wheels are being produced to the utmost quality standards by one of the absolute, best wheel manufacturers in the world, located in Japan.

As for your remark about these wheels being identical in quality to said companies is, in our honest opinion, arguable...but that's for another post and another day Click here to enlarge

If you have any further questions, we'd love to hear them! [email protected].

Thank you and have a great night!

HRE Wheels
    Damn are you guys classy. I don't know many vendors that would have responded like that.

Proud to have @HRE_Wheels! Here, and on my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was an extremely measured and professional response, so many other vendors could learn from that. Respect.

I’d adore a set of HREs but i’m not super wild on ‘19s and ‘20s, and frankly they’re just too expensive for my blood. Would have to shelve some other car stuff for Summer if I wanted to spring for proper HREs. They are absolutely class leading though, beautiful.
    [I]E88 N54 w stuff
    MB w205 c450

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you very much! You're signature says it pretty well, for those who don't need compromise. That's a pretty perfect slogan.

By the way, when I was looking at the FF01, I searched the internet for literally an absurd amount of time trying to locate an actual picture of the Fog finish. Your site's gallery didn't have anything when Fog was selected, but I am still curious. Any pictures or maybe a description? Is it gloss or matte? Textured or not, etc...

Thanks,
    Yes, unfortunately there aren't many places to look (we're working on incorporating all of the finishes onto our website). However, we've included all the colors in our original post and also on our Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/113683925@N04/

Fog is the satin or matte version of Anthracite (Anthracite is glossy). Fog is smooth with no texture.

Damn are you guys classy. I don't know many vendors that would have responded like that.

Proud to have @HRE_Wheels! Here, and on my car.
    Thank you for the kind words, we look forward to meeting you here in a few months.

That was an extremely measured and professional response, so many other vendors could learn from that. Respect.

I’d adore a set of HREs but i’m not super wild on ‘19s and ‘20s, and frankly they’re just too expensive for my blood. Would have to shelve some other car stuff for Summer if I wanted to spring for proper HREs. They are absolutely class leading though, beautiful.
    Thank you as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know this post was advertising Porsche fitments, so this is a bit off topic, but would you know if the 19" FF01 clears the F10 M5 front brakes? Not concerned with fender clearance, offset, or caliper-spoke clearance as I have F10 M5 front brakes in a custom application. Just curious if the FF01 inner barrel diameter can clear the caliper.

Thanks,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We want to say no, but we'll have our engineering team double-check!

I know this post was advertising Porsche fitments, so this is a bit off topic, but would you know if the 19" FF01 clears the F10 M5 front brakes? Not concerned with fender clearance, offset, or caliper-spoke clearance as I have F10 M5 front brakes in a custom application. Just curious if the FF01 inner barrel diameter can clear the caliper.

Thanks,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh it's for a set man. These are the 'affordable' HRE's.
    And also heavy HRE.

Dinan sells a set of the forged HRE in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 for E9x RWD for $6400, which is about what forged wheels cost from BBS, OZ Racing, etc.
    Last edited by maxnix; 04-22-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Dinan sells a set of the forged HRE in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 for E9x RWD for $6400
    That HRE makes for Dinan lol...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That HRE makes for Dinan lol...
    Click here to enlarge

The FF01 starts at 22lbs. which we believe is competitive when compared to other cast wheels (remember, apples to apples, not apples to oranges).