Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    The bolded part is why no baseline data was posted nor will be here.

I prefer modifying cars over vendor affiliations. Folks get real touchy with switching vendors and data reviews.

I prefer to stick to the cars and the data.
    I really don't know what you are saying here about a pisisng match or whatever. I'm just saying we need a baseline to compare against the tune so we can see the delta. That's exactly what Frank points out in the TTFS S54 tune article. That's exactly what I'm saying.

I think maybe you took something the wrong way?
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My baselines were completed in 2007. We are way beyond that. I have every dyno file and calibration in my BMW GT1 laptop. When Frank is happy with this tune on the stock head - I will post a review on his tune and customer service. Not at all interested in a vendor pissing match.

Great to know and thank you for sharing. Should be fun digging out the ECU from under the intake plenum for Frank to flash it....
    It's intuitive to get to (I mounted my boost sender in there), but there is a ton of crap to remove. It is well engineered though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I really don't know what you are saying here about a pisisng match or whatever. I'm just saying we need a baseline to compare against the tune so we can see the delta. That's exactly what Frank points out in the TTFS S54 tune article. That's exactly what I'm saying.

I think maybe you took something the wrong way?
    Not at all, Joseph. You only see part of the picture.

Frank and I are on the same page - I am not worried. He just made me a file on Monday to ramp up the SPAL puller fan setup I rigged using the Aux fan controller.

He has the dynos and datalogs of the car on other tunes. He tuned the same hardware as well. The car made more power everywhere. You can put two and two together. I am not interested in a VendorX vs. VendorY thread. Just S54 power if you know what I mean.

The focus for me now is squeezing every last pony out of the stock head for a new baseline. - not hearing the days of our lives vendor drama already found on the other forums. One more run at the dyno should do it - 322/245 SAE is pretty stout so far for a 100k S54 on 91 fuel. If it gets better like Frank believes - I will be tickled pink.

We should have a set of VAC throttlebodies to test as well when Mr. @Mike@VAC and the gang finishes repairing the first set we sent them last year. Click here to enlarge Then I will go for a hero run on the stock top end.

Here are the goodies ready to go today:

Click here to enlarge

Full port job on the exhaust side. Light polish on intake. Supertech valves, and valve spring kit.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not at all, Joseph. You only see part of the picture.

Frank and I are on the same page - I am not worried. He just made me a file on Monday to ramp up the SPAL puller fan setup I rigged using the Aux fan controller.

He has the dynos and datalogs of the car on other tunes. He tuned the same hardware as well. The car made more power everywhere. You can put two and two together. I am not interested in a VendorX vs. VendorY thread. Just S54 power if you know what I mean.

The focus for me now is squeezing every last pony out of the stock head for a new baseline. - not hearing the days of our lives vendor drama already found on the other forums. One more run at the dyno should do it - 322/245 SAE is pretty stout so far for a 100k S54 on 91 fuel. If it gets better like Frank believes - I will be tickled pink.
    Dude I thought we were talking about the diesel as we are in the diesel section...
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Touche. Just got out from under the 46M in the garage mounting the aux fan controller in a better spot and my mind was still on that car.

I can't speak intelligently about Frank's diesel tune.

By how he's transformed my s54 - I can only imagine what he will do to my wife's diesel. I will report on it once I dig it out from under the intake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is Frank?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Who is Frank?
    Not sure if serious. Tuning Tech FS aka FS Frank Smith

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if serious. Tuning Tech FS aka FS Frank Smith
    Was serious - thanks. I'm not tapped into the scene like you dood!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Was serious - thanks. I'm not tapped into the scene like you dood!
    I didn't know of him either at first and have been learning as well. I have no choice but to be tapped in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    STICKY did a dyno came out to 318 whp(vice 230 OEM) and YES FINALLY got the torque, sit down amigo, 425 lb/tq on the wheels. Give me a txt and i'll send you pics of the car's new look ok and dyno's later

BTW ecotune has a downpipe but they WILL not sell the pipe ALONE its a combo thing, STAN of Ecotune and I have been at it since the start he doesnt like me so well, i told him to put up or shut up way cause I opened the thread!!! and yeah MF when are you coming down here BIATCH!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    STICKY did a dyno came out to 318 whp(vice 230 OEM) and YES FINALLY got the torque, sit down amigo, 425 lb/tq on the wheels. Give me a txt and i'll send you pics of the car's new look ok and dyno's later
    E-mail it to me [email protected]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What happened to this thread... Nobody cares about gas engines when they are talking about the 335 D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jess still waiting I got people on my ass about the pipe amigo!! i have at least 3 sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12