Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ABR is growing again! Looking for a technician, ASAP

$2000 Signing Bonus!

Are you an experienced, top-notch auto technician who's not appreciated by
    your current employer? Are you upbeat and motivated but your boss isn't? Are you tired or running
    out of work and then just standing around? Are you not paid adequately for the work you do or what
    you know? Are you earning $700-$1000 weekly? ABR is ready to hire another great technician.
    We have a clean shop environment and lots of work.
    Must have minimum 3 years of documented auto technician experience & able to produce a minimum 40-50 billable hours
    weekly. Only highly skilled, Superstar technicians need apply.

Interested persons should call or visit us immediately to schedule your personal interview.

We are looking for a European technician.

You have to have basic knowledge, and can perform basic tasks.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE COMMON SENSE. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO THINK. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS.

The devil is in the details, and if you cannot hold yourself to the highest level of workmanship and pride, do not apply. I want you to treat every car like you own it.

I would rather have attention to detail and OCD-style repairs that are perfect, than have someone who claims they can go super fast.

That includes cleanliness. We are not grease monkeys, we are technicians and better than the dealership. We need to bring better service than those guys. We have customers that are THRILLED we provide better work at fair prices, and treat them like a HUMAN- not a piggy bank.

I expect you to pick up basic skills if I show you more than 2 times.

I expect you to ask questions if you don't know how it works. A little 10-15 minute explanation on theory and how it works should be enough for you to understand and retain (hopefully)

I expect you to work efficiently. A 4 wheel brake job should not take the majority of the morning.

If you're here, you're working. Not fiddle futzing around. Granted, I futz around too sometimes- and in that case we can do it together, or rock/paper/scissor who does the futzing (but we can't both be doing it Click here to enlarge)

Brutal honesty is better than not. I call em like I see em. If I'm doing something you don't like- tell me. Because I certainly will be telling you.
    You need thick skin. Sometimes my delivery sucks when talking to you, don't take it personally. Call me out on it too!

I WILL make you think.

I WILL sometimes frustrate you when you're stuck on a problem. Not intentionally. The only way you will learn is if you figure it out (with guidance)

I WILL NOT give you the silver bullet to fix the car.

I WILL require you to think outside the box and will guide you to solve the problem.
    (Think of give a fish/teach a fish)

You DO get some perks:

I will teach you more than you will ever learn at the dealership or at some tech Skool like U.nT.rained I.diots. I guarantee this.

We have cool cars here. Like, a lot of cool cars. You get experience on crazy cars. From stock BMW's to race cars. Not just BMW's. Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, super cars and other neat things like race cars.

If you need to work on your own junk- no big deal. The shop is open to you after work.

Uniforms provided, embroidered and they are NICE.

We drink good coffee here, not junk.

Direct deposit available.

Wholesale pricing on your own vehicle parts. I have a lot of connections for a lot of European parts and websites.

Pay?
    It's all about what you bring to the table.
    If you kick ass, I will compensate you accordingly.

A 90 day evaluation is in full effect.
    We need to make sure we all work well together. If you know what you say you do; you like working here; and we all have synergy together.

At 90 days you get custom embroidered uniforms, and an evaluation.

My foreman and I will be interviewing ASAP for a position. We just honestly have so much work going on right now that more man hours are needed in the shop. We're working 6 days a week from 7:30 to 6-7, sometimes 9-10 at night. We have no life right now, and need to get a better schedule going. I'd LOVE to work 8-6 and rotate weekends.

At the current moment, We're booked a good 2 weeks SOLID from today (3/3/14).... with (hopefully) no letting up in sight.

This is a ground level operation. The pay is very fair for an independent technician. Ground level employees who stick it out, like myself and Jerry (my foreman) will be rewarded when the shop grows and profits are shared.

Regardless, If you can't fit the bill right now but are still interested- let me know. I'm always looking for good help. It even boils down to the shop cleaning person. I've run through a few of them and still haven't found a KILLER/AWESOME one..... But I will sooner or later Click here to enlarge

Send your CV to [email protected]

oh yea, you get NICE business cards and an email address as well!
    Last edited by alex@ABRhouston; 03-24-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice job req. Good luck filling it.

If I was in Houston I'd be sending my car your way.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have people bringing us cars from Louisiana to work on them. I'm honestly HONORED that people drive hours and hours to have us work on them!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BTW - my "good luck filling it" was sincere. I just re-read it and thought it sounded a little sarcastic. Wasn't meant that way.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It wasn't taken that way, either. It is going to be a "Ha, good luck filling it!" type of position!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    It wasn't taken that way, either. It is going to be a "Ha, good luck filling it!" type of position!
    Yep, won't be easy.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You would be shocked at how many people I have talked to about filling a Diesel Tech Job. The talent pool is pretty bad these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You would be shocked at how many people I have talked to about filling a Diesel Tech Job. The talent pool is pretty bad these days.
    my brother in law is at school for diesel mechanic
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    my brother in law is at school for diesel mechanic
    Experience is everything in this trade. At school, you basically learn how to learn. I've been there, I've done that. I have been working at a BMW motorrad shop for 5 years (summer job).

Looks like you value quality more than quantity Alex, not too many shops like that around. Good luck Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have a spot open for me in 2017. I think that's when I get out lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I deal with this on a daily basis. I feel bad for all the guys who go through Wyotech/UTI/MMI or whatever. Those schools are a joke. Everyone I've had work in our shop has not lasted. The only people making out on this the schools and the tool salesman. Good luck on your search Alex!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP- good luck with your search, it sounds like a cool place to work.

A good technician is a dying breed...It's almost impossible to find diesel techs for my company's 5 dealerships. The talent pool is terrible... I don't think people realize how much money you can make as a qualified class A diesel tech.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man. if i wasn't in school.. and cared about school more than work.. then id be your guy. i would freaking love to work at abr.
    IG: Sammy0559

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AlexQuattro Click here to enlarge
    Experience is everything in this trade. At school, you basically learn how to learn. I've been there, I've done that. I have been working at a BMW motorrad shop for 5 years (summer job).
    Oh trust me i know.. and its evident that he is a trained parrot almost every time i speak with him ...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bumpskies.

What we worked on today:

Finished up a 745 cylinder head. It came from another shop, and was FUBAR'ed up. We then had to fix a rough running condition after starting it up. The other bank was mis-timed (the side we didn't touch). Then random misfires. Turns out the oring on cyl 2 injector was ripped, causing misfire on cyl 3. Then it wouldn't stop smoking like a train out the tail pipe. The cracked head had filled the exhaust with coolant- pull and flush the exhaust out with water.... then random misfires.... crank case vent system diaphragms were blown.... SHEESH! Couldn't catch a break there!

diag'ed a clicking noise on an 335.... seems the power steering pulley bolts have decided to part ways with us... need to pull the pump to repair the threads and replace the pulley.

diag'ed a E39 for a wheel bearing- rescheduled.

Diff and transmission service on an E30 driving to Colorado tomorrow.....

Thermostat on an E90 330.....

Installed the subframe bushings on an E46 subframe reinforcement job we are doing- need to wrap that up tomorrow.

put all the panels together on an HUGE E90 we did a bunch of stuff on (Spec StgII clutch and flywheel/downpipes/exhaust/brake lines/walnut blast/OFH/OCH/injectors/plugs/short shift/blah blah blah)
    It needs M3 control arms and alignment done tomorrow.

did a ride height adjustment and alignment on a SWEET E46 M3. super clean!

Diag'ed and ordered engine wiring harness for Z3 EML issue.

meet with snapon guy to pick up cordless underhood drop lights for all the lifts.

Tomorrow:
    Do control arms on E90, alignment
    call F01 customer for window switch that showed up
    Finish subframe, alignment
    deliver 745
    walnut blast and OFH gasket on E90
    fix power steering pump and bolts on E90.
    Diag a E92 335Xi that was sent from the dealer. looks to be entertaining Click here to enlarge
    Diag a rough running X3
    Diag a CEL on a 645
    Diag a CEL on an E9x.....

You can kinda see we are backed up.... and trying to bust everything out.... What we are NOT doing is rushing our jobs, because QUALITY comes first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $2000 SIGN ON BONUS.
    I NEED A MOTIVATED TECHNICIAN RIGHT NOW.

CONSIDER THE BAR RAISED Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People must hate money or just not want to work these days.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bump!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump. Sheesh- this is posted on every forum I'm on or moderate, every facebook group that's BMW, my facebook page and I'm advertising it, craigslist, and every person I see I'm asking for one.

Is there no one out there?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    Bump. Sheesh- this is posted on every forum I'm on or moderate, every facebook group that's BMW, my facebook page and I'm advertising it, craigslist, and every person I see I'm asking for one.

Is there no one out there?!
    You just have to be patient. You will get someone eventually but it's had...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    position filled Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well congrats! Closing.