Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BB flash - bad stock bin

2010 E90 M 335i

I performed a full read and saved the stock bin file to my laptop. I did a full E85 MT flash into my N54 with no problems. I sent my stock bin over to Wedge to have him design me a custom tune but he said "You're bin file is not the same offset as my IJEOS XDF. Did you use BB Flash to back up or OFT? At this time I can't do anything with your file. If it doesn't line up, it will not code correctly and I could brick your car with a back flash."

This worried me so I tried to flash my car back to stock and the write was successful but my car wouldn't start, just cranked and cranked. Not sure how I messed up my stock bin file or how I go about fixing this issue but I need some help. If I need to upload my stock bin for inspection I can. Thanks guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you force write complete when you flashed back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't because I didn't see an advanced button option. Do I need the BMS version of BB flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I have a similar situation in that I have a dinan flash that can't be read so I am sort of going to have to blindly write if I do this. If I do the inpa think and flash the sp-daten I'm hoping that maybe it will overwrite the dinan tune. Just an idea I had but I know very little about this. May be worth a shot in your case if the more knowledge folks think it can work. May just be gibberish that I wrote as well. As I said I'm new to this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, did you figured it out yet?
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge