Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Help changing from RFT to regular tires

My car is a 2009 e90 sport. It is currently in a collission center right now because some jac$^#* t-boned me Click here to enlarge. Anyway, one of my tires has a gash so it needs to be replaced. I have been looking at replacing my RFT because of the rough ride, I drive mostly on the back roads. The tech in the BMW collission center told me that I cannot replace it with regular tires. Is this true? I have the original wheels that came with the car, do I need to buy new wheels/rims? Are they telling me this, just because that's BMW standard? Because if it can be done, I'll just do the tire change with an independent shop. Thanks in advance.
    2009 335i e90
    K&N drop in filter
    JB4 PnP Stage 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What? Why can't you replace them with regular tires? Of course you can. If it's at a BMW dealer it might be because they are trying to get you to buy RFT's they have in stock.

Don't listen to him you can run whatever tires you want on the rims as long as they fit.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flaMed Click here to enlarge
    My car is a 2009 e90 sport. It is currently in a collission center right now because some jac$^#* t-boned me Click here to enlarge. Anyway, one of my tires has a gash so it needs to be replaced. I have been looking at replacing my RFT because of the rough ride, I drive mostly on the back roads. The tech in the BMW collission center told me that I cannot replace it with regular tires. Is this true? I have the original wheels that came with the car, do I need to buy new wheels/rims? Are they telling me this, just because that's BMW standard? Because if it can be done, I'll just do the tire change with an independent shop. Thanks in advance.
    Are you asking if you can replace ONE tire or the group? I can see how he'd say no to one tire because that's very dangerous. If it's all 4, you can replace with whatever you want so long as they fit.