Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Federal Ruling Allows Headlight Flashing to Warn of Speed Traps

I always flash my headlights at oncoming traffic to warn of a speed trap - it accomplishes the same thing (slows people down without them getting a ticket). Glad to see it is being upheld as legal.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/05/federal-judge-rules-drivers-allowed-to-warn-other-motorists-speed-traps/

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they made headlight flashing illegal they are essentially saying you can't communicate with people unless the government says it's ok. This $#@! is getting absurd.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More fun times with militarized local governments and police forces Click here to enlarge You'd better not flash your headlights or we'll bust down your door and shoot your dog.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I always remember as a kid visiting Europe flashing lights is a common practice. Funny how in the USA motorists don't help each other out and the government just wants a steady revenue stream instead of what is safe.

It's just so stupid and corrupt it's unbelievable.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    More fun times with militarized local governments and police forces Click here to enlarge You'd better not flash your headlights or we'll bust down your door and shoot your dog.
    Don't forget it'll be the wrong house too and it'll be torn up searching for the drugs that you allegdly posses. Oh but no damages or replacement for the dog. Just a sorry wrong house!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've always done that. In fact, I did it the last time I was on my way to the track. An FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) officer was hiding behind a bridge in the southbound lanes and I immediately started giving everyone the heads up. Pretty sure I saw at least a few people hitting the brakes (nose of the car dipped down a bit).
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH