Close

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Unofficial SSR Wheel Information and Picture Thread!

SSR Racing Wheels & Rims

SSR Wheels, when it comes down to it, is a company who's mission is not only to beat out the rest of the competition, but to please you in every way possible with your wheel setup. They sacrifice time and effort every single day through their careful quality inspections, their race days and hands on research to give you the best racing wheel on the market. And yes, they really are some of the best rims to be produced in the industry. They are light, strong, unique, and can be customized to look just about any way that you can imagine with all of the color options, sizes and fitments available.

Click here to enlarge

SSR is Unique
    When some rim companies say that their product is unique, they are usually talking about their aesthetics. And even though SSR Wheels do look amazing, they take it to a completely different level. Ever since the 70's everyone knew that SSR was different. They were the very first wheel manufacturer to come out with three piece wheels. They also started researching new ways to produce strong and light racing wheels without sacrificing great fitment and show-worthy good looks. This led to one of the most innovative progressions in racing wheel production history.

Click here to enlarge

SSR Doing SSF (Semi Solid Forging)
    SSR can say that they are the only racing wheel manufacturer in the world that practices a process called SSF (Semi Solid Forging) on aluminum wheels. When a wheel is made through SSF, the aluminum alloy is created by mixing multiple metals while the semi molten, soon-to-be wheel is cooling down. This actually changes the characteristics of the metal. It transforms from having a more brittle structure to having a globule one, which makes the wheel much more dense, strong and light. And when the metal is in this semi-molten state, it is pressed into a mold with extremely high pressure to ensure no contaminants or impurities ruin the quality of the wheel. This process is what makes SSR Rims so much further ahead of the rest. When you buy a set of their rims, you know that you are on the cutting edge of the industry.

Click here to enlarge

Heat Treatment
    Once the rim is completely cooled after the forging or casting process, which depends on the model, it goes through a heat treatment that makes it even stronger and lighter than it already is. The inner barrel of the wheel is then heated a second time because the inside of a wheel is actually where most of the stress happens in just about any driving situation. This heating makes the barrel as light as a feather and able to withstand huge amounts of force that are found even in racing environments. SSR Rims are literally prepared for anything. They are made with racing and heavily tuned cars in mind. So you don't have to worry about getting value for your money. These are top of the line wheels that will make your ride look great, act more like a race car, and give you trust in the part of your car that needs to be the most durable, the unsprung mass.

Click here to enlarge

Hybrid 2-Piece Wheels
    Certain wheel models from SSR are hybrid 2-piece wheels, which basically means that the face of the rim goes through the SSF process while the barrel is forged and heat treated. Of course this means that you will get a strong racing wheel, but it also means that you get the right strength in the right areas while being able to get the offset, width and size that you want. The 2-piece hybrids are a more flexible type of wheel from SSR that are created with sizing, strength and lightness in mind.

Click here to enlarge

3-Piece Wheels
    SSR's 3-piece wheels are made up of an outer rim, inner rim, and the face. Each piece is made up of a slightly different alloy of aluminum in order to ensure a specific distribution of strength and lightness throughout the wheel. This is what SSR is all about; wheels that don't only look good, but outperform the competition in just about every aspect that is important in a set of high end race wheels. Their 3-piece wheels will fit great, turn heads and keep surprising you during your everyday driving experiences.

Click here to enlarge

Summary
    SSR Wheels is not just a producer of high end wheels. They want you to feel engaged with your car, not only aesthetically; mentally and emotionally too. There is nothing like feeling an improvement in your car. These wheels will improve the way your car puts power to the ground and in what ways it performs in the corners and straights. They make your car exciting when it stands still and when you're mashing on all the pedals. When it comes to satisfaction, SSR Rims will give you that adrenaline rush you're looking for whether it be from just a glance of the innovative design or the screeching tires of your "race car" launching off the line.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have a BMW and have SSRs, post up some pictures! Here is a picture of our co-worker's (KIRK V) old car...the infamous EINSER 1M:

Specs:
    Type F EURO
    19x9.5 +28 20.4lbs front
    19x10.0 +20 20.8lbs rear
    finish: Search Light Silver

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

-Frank

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I <3 SSR's. I had GT1's on my e46 and comp-h's on my 350z. Superb quality wheels and look great.
    Current: E46 M3 s366, e85, ms3pro evo, smg->manual
    Gone but not forgotten:
    -996 Turbo twin 5757’s
    -e36 M3 760whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I <3 SSR's. I had GT1's on my e46 and comp-h's on my 350z. Superb quality wheels and look great.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Liberty Walk BMW Z4 on Executor CV01

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I'll add some pics too lol

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Current: E46 M3 s366, e85, ms3pro evo, smg->manual
    Gone but not forgotten:
    -996 Turbo twin 5757’s
    -e36 M3 760whp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for contributing! If anyone else has a favorite picture of SSR wheels on a BMW, post them up! More the better!

-Frank

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SSR's always have had a reputation for being fairly light.

I remember when I first looked into B5 S4's and the rims that always caught my attention were the competitions:

Click here to enlarge
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Nugs, I love that 135
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Wow 100% best 1er I've ever seen. damn that's clean.
    2013 Audi S6 stock but shopping....
    2014 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins. Far from stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's john zhangs car.. he's pretty well known in socal. Personally, I'm not a fan of it but the execution is pretty damn clean.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah it's not really my style but is well done.