Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Lowering my 2011 E350 Coupe?? Best Options??

Hey Everyone! Im thinking about lowering my 2011 E-350 Coupe and was curious as to which is the best route to go since its my Daily Driver!

Should i just change the springs? or Do Coilovers? Air Suspension?

was looking on Ebay and found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KSport-Kontr...89d475&vxp=mtr

will these work? and is this the recommended way of going??
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"
    2011 Designo Magno Cashmere White E-350 Coupe
    20" Staggered Concave XO Caracas Luxury Wheels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The most cost effective route is springs.

Coilovers are only if you really care about improving the handling.

Does it have air suspension to begin with? If you a lowering module is in order.
    @ModBargains can get you springs. Renntech may have a lowering module @m54b25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, I think you should just get Eibach springs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok i was thinking about going the Eibach Option as thats $300 Vs $1200 but i didnt know if the quality of the ride would be affected drastically or not... thats why i was going the coil over route since i was told the ride was better
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Realestatepro82 Click here to enlarge
    Ok i was thinking about going the Eibach Option as thats $300 Vs $1200 but i didnt know if the quality of the ride would be affected drastically or not... thats why i was going the coil over route since i was told the ride was better
    The coils may present a better ride. It depends on coilover. If they are adjustable that is best.

Lowering your current suspension will make the ride a little stiffer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coilovers would provide an adjustability (think I made up this word), vs a spring that is set with the rates and either your own shocks or if there are aftermarket shocks. You can adjust for a more comfortable ride, or a stiff ride for circuit days/track days!

If you have the money or don't mind saving up..I would say coilovers. I'm not into airbags so I never researched into them, can't help in that dept.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Airbags are the last way to go. Yes, you can get a huge drop but the car won't have the same handling character any longer. It's a system predominantly for looks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Airbags are the last way to go. Yes, you can get a huge drop but the car won't have the same handling character any longer. It's a system predominantly for looks.
    It was only a post no real data, forgot where I saw it. Someone stated that there airbags made the car handle "better". Not sure if theres any proof to that..and I'm not sure how it would since theres always a variable stance...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.335 Click here to enlarge
    It was only a post no real data, forgot where I saw it. Someone stated that there airbags made the car handle "better". Not sure if theres any proof to that..and I'm not sure how it would since theres always a variable stance...
    There's always those people who always say mufflers made their car way faster. I've seen people say stuff like that about airbags too yet the track junkies always have a proper set of coilovers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

The most cost effective route is springs.

Coilovers are only if you really care about improving the handling.

Does it have air suspension to begin with? If you a lowering module is in order.
    @ModBargains can get you springs. Renntech may have a lowering module @m54b25
    Sticky, apparently lowering module will not work on E550 Coupe, since it uses traditional shocks & springs (No airmatic rear). Good news, it's you can use on E550 Coupe only the C63 suspension upgrades & brake setups.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, I think you should just get Eibach springs.
    Yeah, I've gone with Eibach Pro-Kits (basic, around 1" drop normally, but not the Sportline @ around 2") on three of four previous vehicles, no problems whatsoever. They're arguably the best and most well-recognized company out there in terms of a solid product.

On the other vehicle, went with Tein 350Z springs on an Infiniti G35 coupe to get around 3/4" drop - front/rear, or .7" and .8" respectively......different from the 3"/.4" on the Z. (Don't ask me why the difference.)

This was simply because there was no interest in a 1" (or more) drop with the wheels I was running.

So unless one can distinguish a firm/stiff ride - I can't......C63 is perfect for me - the Eibachs are fine. From my research about 3 years ago, their spring rates tend to be in the 400s, while some may prefer a more balanced ride-handling number in the 300s.

Forget the squishy 200s, unless you're normally riding thru the ragelly, err, ragedy-road sections of Palm Beach County.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the great info guys... I posted some Coil overs i found on Ebay... dont know if anyone got a moment to check them out or not...but feedback on wether or not those are good would be great....

Also I have a E350 Coupe (V6 engine) so clearly its not a track car... its my daily driver... and its sitting on a set of 20" Staggered Concave wheels so clearly ive already lost a bit of comfort in the feel of the ride since im running Pirelli Low Profile tires... however i wouldnt mind dropping it a bit just for a nicer look and stance... I have no problem spending the 1200 on coilovers if its going to be a night and day difference Vs Eibach Springs but if its not going to be that big of a difference than im not sure if its worth the money as im not using the vehicle as a track / race car.
    Carlos A.K.A "Mista Los"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Realestatepro82 Click here to enlarge
    but feedback on wether or not those are good would be great....
    I've never heard of them. PM @ModBargains and see what they can do on a set of KW's or the Eibach springs for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for all the great info guys... I posted some Coil overs i found on Ebay... dont know if anyone got a moment to check them out or not...but feedback on wether or not those are good would be great....

Also I have a E350 Coupe (V6 engine) so clearly its not a track car... its my daily driver... and its sitting on a set of 20" Staggered Concave wheels so clearly ive already lost a bit of comfort in the feel of the ride since im running Pirelli Low Profile tires... however i wouldnt mind dropping it a bit just for a nicer look and stance... I have no problem spending the 1200 on coilovers if its going to be a night and day difference Vs Eibach Springs but if its not going to be that big of a difference than im not sure if its worth the money as im not using the vehicle as a track / race car.
    Uh, can we see a larger picture or two, maybe some before & after action (when that time comes)??? Please?

Because what you described sounds kinda sweet lookin'................an E-Coupe sittin on XO Caracas 20s?? With some droppage? Niiiiiiiiiiice. Got me thinking..........little baby CL Coupe, and that's endearing. I mean, who doesn't love CLs?

Not to mention, you might convince me to lower the 63 and get 'em closer to those XO Miami's you see below - something I'd been thinking about.

So in fairness, you show me your bigger pic and I'll show you mine. Click here to enlarge

Later!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    contact us for kw variant or any suspension upgrades as we can assist you with best pricing and tech info when needed,
    kw part number #10225029 is for the v1 application
    v3 best you can get thru kw will be part number 35225051

email me or pm me
    [email protected]
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure