Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I would hold off on getting adjustable strut mounts if you are going to get the M3 arms. You might find the arms themselves give you enough camber.

Also I really do like the HPA tension arm bushings for a track car, but I think they might be overkill on the street. Both Powerflex and Whiteline make press in poly bushings for the tension strut which will remove the majority of the slop present with the rubber bushings.
    If I hold out on adjustable strut mounts, I should still get new stock strut/shock mounts, right? (I was planning to)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RoyalFlush Click here to enlarge
    If I hold out on adjustable strut mounts, I should still get new stock strut/shock mounts, right? (I was planning to)
    Yeah, I think I would.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm leaning towards KW Street Comfort coilovers. What camber kit or strut/shock mount kit should I use with them?

I plan on doing a full suspension upgrade excluding the rear sway bar. When purchasing the M3 suspension kit from Tischer, would I still need these tension arm bushings from HPA, or are the "tension struts w/bushings" included in the kit the same thing? (What other components do I need when purchasing the M3 suspension kit, or does it come with all the necessities?)

Since the StopTech upgrade kit from ModBargains includes a 6-piece brake line kit instead of only 4-piece, I'll probably go that route for the brake related upgrades?

FWIW I plan to (try to) fit 19x19.5 (245)/19.10 (275) wheels and tires. I know wheels can influence the suspension components that are upgraded. The wheels I plan to get are custom made (size, offset, etc).
    I'm currently running 20x9 in front with 245/30r20's, I'll be going 265's next time, and running 20x10.5 wheels in rear with 295/25r20's, will be doing 305's next time. They are Nitto, so run slightly on the small side, but not much, INVO's, not a cheap tire or anything. The overall weight of the wheels and tires you get will have more of an effect than size.
    2013 Audi S6 stock but shopping....
    2014 RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins. Far from stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    G) If you plan on getting coil overs and full suspension, get it corner balanced and aligned by a competent person. Its a waste of money if you dont, IMO. It all depends on how well you know suspension settings, and how "in tune" you are to your car.
    Is corner balancing necessary for a daily driver that won't see any track use?

Will a proper corner balance cause the gaps between the wheels and fenders to be different at all corners?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Will a proper corner balance cause the gaps between the wheels and fenders to be different at all corners?
    Absolutely not, and possibly.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just want to upgrade the brakes for daily driving. I saw this StopTech Brake Upgrade Kit from ModBargains and thought it had everything that I'll need. I'll double check with ModBargains if the brake lines that come with the kit are a 4-piece set or 6-piece set. Is it a huge difference between the two?

I saw the Racing Brake 2-piece rotor upgrade, but it's around $1K and I'm not sure I need that for daily driving. (The entire StopTech kit with brake pads, rotors, and brake lines from ModBargains is around $700.)
    just got stoptech slotted rotors and street performance pads and I love them! low noise, low dust and great performance under hard pedalling. initial feel is soft but hardens over time. for a guy that is just like you and wants a nice street setup you can't go wrong with stoptech. the lines will likely help with that slightly soft pedal feel too.
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Here's my experience and what I learned from getting a corner balance from Harold at HP Autosport. He is the man.

Corner balance will allow you to set the rake and cross weight. Rake counteracts front end lift at high speed which increases grip. A 50% cross weight means the car is equally balanced in both a left and right turn. The benefits will be fully realized on a road course.

That being said, if you are going with KW street comforts and never going to track the car, then I wouldn't bother with corner balance unless cost is not a factor. As long as the suspension is installed properly and the dampening is set right, you will be fine (LTMW installed my suspension with vastly different heights and some dampers set to full hard and some set to full soft. I only found this out after getting corner balanced). The gains from corner balance on progressive springs and on a car that wont see the track are going to be minimal.

If you go with something like the TCKline DA's with linear swift springs, then I would absolutely get a corner balance. This is the setup I went with because I plan to track my car at least once every other month. But this car is also my DD and I can report that with the right dampening settings, it is very comfortable on the street. I do, however, enjoy a slightly firmer ride than the average person (wont be as comfortable and smooth as street comfort). And when I go to the track, I dial in a few more clicks of compression dampening and I'm good to go.

Hope this helps
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I want a nice soft ride would koni yellows and springs be better than a coilover system? Or is oem sport suspension best bet for a softish DD ride?
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12