Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Best shop within couple hours of Central Va for install VTT St2 + Diff + Clutch?

Trying to nail down the best place for an install of turbos + other necessities for my 135i. Price is a consideration but quality of work the prime motivator. Any suggestions? I had DPs + Intercooler etc done not far from me at MidAtlantic Motorwerks and they did a good job but not sure they're the high performance specialty shop I'd need for these other installs. Also I'd like to get a tune/ dyno round about the same time. I have a Cobb OTS tune at present.

Really want to have it done right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to Regional -> Mid-Atlantic
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We installed 2 Vargas Stage 2 turbo sets already. We do everything from typical bolt on stuff to sprint and enduro winning race builds. 26 employees, 3 BMW Master level techs, 4 race techs, full machine shop, 5 machinists etc etc. Hit me up if you want an estimate!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lucad Click here to enlarge
    Trying to nail down the best place for an install of turbos + other necessities for my 135i. Price is a consideration but quality of work the prime motivator. Any suggestions? I had DPs + Intercooler etc done not far from me at MidAtlantic Motorwerks and they did a good job but not sure they're the high performance specialty shop I'd need for these other installs. Also I'd like to get a tune/ dyno round about the same time. I have a Cobb OTS tune at present.

Really want to have it done right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    PTF has a shop in the DC metro area(that should be within a couple hour drive.) They do just about everything there from engine swaps to turbo swaps. Not to mention when it comes to tuning you're not going to find anyone better.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the replies guys - both sound like great options! I've read good things about VAC & PTF as vendors. Turbos I think are in the mail from Tony but don't have the diff. + clutch yet partly since I'm still trying to decide which to get. I'm leaning toward Quaife + Spec stg 2 -- don't really track the car or abuse the hell out of it - just go fast now and then and want to keep this car a long time so longevity is important.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lucad Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the replies guys - both sound like great options! I've read good things about VAC & PTF as vendors. Turbos I think are in the mail from Tony but don't have the diff. + clutch yet partly since I'm still trying to decide which to get. I'm leaning toward Quaife + Spec stg 2 -- don't really track the car or abuse the hell out of it - just go fast now and then and want to keep this car a long time so longevity is important.
    Give Rick a call... http://www.defivfabrication.com
    For diff unit into pumpkin install, don't pay any more than diffsonline.com lists. I know a certain vendor works with them and will price match.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW, we have the best prices on diffs by a decent margin, esp when they are on sale like they are now ;-) We also keep the units and fully built final drives in stock, unlike just about everyone. How can we do this? We are the master distributor for the parts and we have an industry standard build process detailed here: http://www.vacmotorsports.com/blog/v...-how-we-do-it/

Quaife Sale ends in 2 days! http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-Ends-11-28-13!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pm sent!
    undercoverperformancenj.com
    [email protected]
    max
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure