09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I strongly disagree with that. @themyst can vogue for dws'. I would take dws over pss at the same price. That's really cheap on the dws I thought they were around 200ea. I'm going to go order them now

Pss can not handle our cars tq at all and they are awfully hard and slippery under 50 degrees.

I think people just say they are the best bc they think they're the best. Have you ever used them before. I have a full set on my car and I really don't like them at all. Wet traction is there best asset. I had dws on my 135fbo and they hooked In second. @jonsc63 uses them to and holds a record I think on those tires.

Are you comparing the DWS or the DW to the Michelin PSS? I recently made the transition from the stock Bridgestone runflats RE050A?? to Continental DW 255f/275r. There is a huge difference. At first traction was horrible due to the supposed break in period that was needed. However, now after about 1600 miles on the tires they do hook pretty damn well. I have never purchased a set of PSS or PS2's from Michelin but they were the bases to which I was comparing other tires. I do believe that the Conti DW's hold their own against them. I've heard great things about DWS, Conti's all season, but I'd rather just speak on what I know and used.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I strongly disagree with that. @themyst can vogue for dws'. I would take dws over pss at the same price. That's really cheap on the dws I thought they were around 200ea. I'm going to go order them now

Pss can not handle our cars tq at all and they are awfully hard and slippery under 50 degrees.

I think people just say they are the best bc they think they're the best. Have you ever used them before. I have a full set on my car and I really don't like them at all. Wet traction is there best asset. I had dws on my 135fbo and they hooked In second. @jonsc63 uses them to and holds a record I think on those tires.

I'm comparing the PSS's to some crappy tires I got my e46 m3 with. I drove another e46 m3 with PSS's, and the grip was great. It also had aftermarket suspension. Maybe ground control coils. I'm not sure about the power you are making. When I had my turbo e36 m3 I don't care about what time you put on it it would not have traction in 3rd or 4th running 19psi. Are you running an lsd?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DWS suck for road course duty because of the soft sidewall, but they hook damn well no matter the temperature. For the N54 guys, straight line traction is most important.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    According to your description, i would go with the Conti sport contact 5.

other tires like the Michelin pilot won't last long enough...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    DWS suck for road course duty because of the soft sidewall, but they hook damn well no matter the temperature. For the N54 guys, straight line traction is most important.
    How are the side walls on the V12's? I was even thinking falken azenis k615's on my e46 m3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    How are the side walls on the V12's? I was even thinking falken azenis k615's on my e46 m3.
    @Laloosh had those on his 135i he absolutely hated them. Sidewall is pretty stiff though. You could do a 30 second burnout on those tires and they simply will not hook.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred Click here to enlarge
    Are you comparing the DWS or the DW to the Michelin PSS? I recently made the transition from the stock Bridgestone runflats RE050A?? to Continental DW 255f/275r. There is a huge difference. At first traction was horrible due to the supposed break in period that was needed. However, now after about 1600 miles on the tires they do hook pretty damn well. I have never purchased a set of PSS or PS2's from Michelin but they were the bases to which I was comparing other tires. I do believe that the Conti DW's hold their own against them. I've heard great things about DWS, Conti's all season, but I'd rather just speak on what I know and used.
    agreed, there's a break-in of about 500-750 miles on even the DWS but once they're broken in they hook awesome. I cut a 1.88 60ft in DS in 45 degree weather with those tires. My rear tires also went 27k miles before they needed replacing. Try doing that on a summer tire!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    @Laloosh had those on his 135i he absolutely hated them. Sidewall is pretty stiff though. You could do a 30 second burnout on those tires and they simply will not hook.

Are you referring to the K615's, or the V12's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    V12s are garbage!!!! LOL Seriously though. they are.
    2016 340xi AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you're saying they hook better now? Did you ever get to run them at the track once broken in? If so how much did your times improve? As I recall you still haven't been able to be Chris's times he put down on his Nitto 555s? Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred Click here to enlarge
    2016 340xi AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    So you're saying they hook better now? Did you ever get to run them at the track once broken in? If so how much did your times improve? As I recall you still haven't been able to be Chris's times he put down on his Nitto 555s? Click here to enlarge
    You are absolutely correct. I have not been able to go to the track now that they are broken in. What I do recall though is that I gave Chris that ass whooping on Mexico's highway lol. All in all though traction is by far better than my previous setup.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234