Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Gorilla Racing's ML63 Races

This Monster just Pulls and pulls. Here is a video of a couple of races showing this Gorilla Racing ML 63 vs a Stock SLS, Stock ZL1, Gorilla Racing CLS63, PP-Performance X6M,etc..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Gorilla Racing tuned W166 ML63 AMG M157 V8 going up against an SLS AMG, ZL1, CLS63 AMG, and tuned X6M

We all know what a beast the M157 twin turbo AMG V8 is especially when tuned. Gorilla Racing attended Moscow Unlimited 500+ with a tuned example of a W166 ML63 AMG which went up against some stout competition. In the first race the ML63 AMG races a stock SLS AMG but loses clearly letting off for whatever reason. The second race is a full run and the car runs a 12.1@116 in the 1/4 mile but gets destroyed by a much more powerful Cherokee SRT-8 said to be around 1350 horsepower.

Click here to enlarge

In the next race against a Gorilla Racing tuned CLS63 AMG the ML63 also loses highlighting the difference weight and aerodynamics make even with the same motor. These factors have a gigantic impact on performance.

The following race against the stock ZL1 is interesting. The ML takes the win trapping higher in the 1/4 mile and even in the mile just using its raw power to beat the lighter and more aerodynamic ZL1. Definitely impressive performance from an SUV.

In the final race the ML63 AMG finally goes up against a vehicle in its class going head to head with a BMW X6M. The X6M is tuned by PP-Performance. It was surprising to see the X6M just rip the ML63 AMG out of the hole the way it did but the ML made up the difference pulling up top to take the win by the mile marker. The ML was trapping slightly slower by the 1/4 but picked up steam past that mark to end up edging the X6M and with the exact same trap speed.

Video of the runs below. It is a bit crazy how fast SUV's have gotten.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky part of that launch of the x6 was its reaction time and part superior torque vectoring all wheel drive that can put 100% power to any one wheel if needed. I had an x6 before my c63 and its one of the most underrated "sport" trucks out the handling was incredible for a 5000+ pound sav. You could really feel the the power being routed to the inside rear wheel during fast corners that would pull it through turns it had no business taking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky part of that launch of the x6 was its reaction time and part superior torque vectoring all wheel drive that can put 100% power to any one wheel if needed. I had an x6 before my c63 and its one of the most underrated "sport" trucks out the handling was incredible for a 5000+ pound sav. You could really feel the the power being routed to the inside rear wheel during fast corners that would pull it through turns it had no business taking.
    Agreed. Definitely impressive.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cool video and races.

Sticky,

The diffrence between the gorilla ML63 and the CLS63 is that the CLS had upgraded turbos. while the ML did not. It will have upgraded turbos in the next event and I belive it will outpreform the CLS in the 1/4 mile in terms of ET and trap speed
    Last edited by 63Master; 11-10-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    It will have upgraded turbos in the next event and I belive it will outpreform the CLS in the 1/4 mile in terms of ET and trap speed
    Considering the weight and aerodynamic differences the CLS should always win provided equal HP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In this video dragtimes do mistake with result ml 63 vs x6m. This is all result ml63:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    11.7 on the 1/4 mile is pretty sweet! That SRT 8 was crazy fast too. But since the music was blarring I couldn't hear the damn thing at idle! If it's running what I think it's running I wouldn't even romp on the Gas at a light or from a roll.