Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Mercedes SL63 AMG vs Yamaha R1 at 300km/h

In Sweden they apparently have space to do this.
    But just be sure to not get caught there while doing it, or you'll be paying the fine till you have your pension.
    The R1 is unable to catch the AMG and runs out of breath while the SL has speed in abundance. Quite impressive.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    But just be sure to not get caught there while doing it, or you'll be paying the fine till you have your pension.
    The R1 is unable to catch the AMG and runs out of breath while the SL has speed in abundance. Quite impressive.
    Excellent find man!

SL's are hard to beat up top, especially those AMG's running over 200km/hr. Thier weight and aero features help them very much in maintaining stability at high speeds. I know this from experienceClick here to enlarge
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @2:02 the bike was staying at 300km/hr and the SL kept disapeering. Obviously its a tuned SL63
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Scary stoopid motorbike

but I have come up with a way to argue with women, just call whoever she is a cxxt and then watch the blood drain from her face... argument over, you win
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Excellent display of showing how an AMG pulls on the highway. Seriously though, those guys are crazy. I mean I consider myself a crazy driver, but I would never go to that extreme level. That was just plain dangerous. Imagine if an old woman was crossing the street, or some heavy farm truck tryin to change lanes, just imagine how ugly that would have turned out.

i think those guys did not care or they actually wanted to die. Nobody with a proper functioning brain should drive like that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Scary stoopid motorbike

but I have come up with a way to argue with women, just call whoever she is a cxxt and then watch the blood drain from her face... argument over, you win
    Well The bike and the SL are both way beyond safe limits for that road. At 90m/sec+ there is just no slowing down space if anyone decides to do anything, and with that speed people simply do not expect you to travel that fast and thus nobody will ever see you coming.

About the argument solution: I suspect you are not married or in a serious relation, and predict that you never will if that is the solution you stand by Click here to enlarge There never is a true win situation in a serious argument with women. You always lose something, even if you win...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Excellent display of showing how an AMG pulls on the highway. Seriously though, those guys are crazy. I mean I consider myself a crazy driver, but I would never go to that extreme level. That was just plain dangerous. Imagine if an old woman was crossing the street, or some heavy farm truck tryin to change lanes, just imagine how ugly that would have turned out.

i think those guys did not care or they actually wanted to die. Nobody with a proper functioning brain should drive like that
    +1 this is borderline suicidal and accepting/not caring about the potential loss of third parties.

Click here to enlarge

We all like fast cars but a brain should come with it.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The SL63 was sure flyin away at the end. Pure German Muscle, but as stated very dangerous driving

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

They had much luck!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge

Portman said it right. Shows serious power of the SL63, because in addition it goes UPHILL against the leightweight bike. And this is really the point where the SL shines. Highspeed and very safe handling. Not 1/4 mile races.

We in Germany also like Highspeed Driving very much. My SL65 pulls 340+ KM/H with GPS, but only on the Autobahn with NO Cars coming from the front. And for me only in the early Sunday morning when there is absolutely no traffic on the street.

This is absolutely dangerous in the video and they had MUCH LUCK that nothing badly serious has happened. I hope no one will try to do this again on these streets in Sweden...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Err my statement was = Tongue in cheek

About the argument solution: I suspect you are not married or in a serious relation, and predict that you never will if that is the solution you stand by Click here to enlarge There never is a true win situation in a serious argument with women. You always lose something, even if you win...
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Gentlemen,were you aware that all Japanese liter+ bikes are electronically neutered to 186mph? The R1 could not go any faster even if it were able to due to ECU. Saying the R1 runs out of breath is not accurate if its electronically unable too.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Gentlemen,were you aware that all Japanese liter+ bikes are electronically neutered to 186mph? The R1 could not go any faster even if it were able to due to ECU. Saying the R1 runs out of breath is not accurate if its electronically unable too.
    But it had only like 300-400 RPMs left?
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yes due to a gentlemens agreement all Japanese bikes are electronically limited to 299km/h.
    like the 250 km/h limit for most German cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    But it had only like 300-400 RPMs left?
    That's equal to another 5-7mph. Not that it would have made any difference in the outcome,the Merc would have still did what it did
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes due to a gentlemens agreement all Japanese bikes are electronically limited to 299km/h.
    like the 250 km/h limit for most German cars.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

That's equal to another 5-7mph. Not that it would have made any difference in the outcome,the Merc would have still did what it did
    My point exactly. That SL63 was gone! I wonder how a Hyabusa or BMW S1000rr would have done?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    My point exactly. That SL63 was gone! I wonder how a Hyabusa or BMW S1000rr would have done?
    Hayabusa (except the '99/'00)is restricted to 186mph as well. Simple $5 part will alleviate that but in stock form the Busa will run out of steam around 188-190mph but will get there ridiculously quicker then the Merc.
    Cant comment on the S1K as that's the *enemy* lol Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hayabusa (except the '99/'00)is restricted to 186mph as well. Simple $5 part will alleviate that but in stock form the Busa will run out of steam around 188-190mph but will get there ridiculously quicker then the Merc.
    Cant comment on the S1K as that's the *enemy* lol Click here to enlarge
    LOL! I hear ya. I have two close friends with S1000rr bikes.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Insane top end battle between a Yamaha R1 and a Mercedes SL63 AMG

This is quite simply crazy and nobody should ever do this. That said, it sure is fun to watch someone else do it from the safety of sitting behind a computer screen. On one side you have a Yamaha R1 which by any measure is a very fast means of transportation. On the other you have the Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG although it is difficult to tell which motor is in this SL. Based on the acceleration and how the R1 is held off BenzBoost leans toward an M157 twin turbo version.

Click here to enlarge

This takes place in Sweden and the both the SL and R1 are forced to weave through traffic with opposing traffic coming towards them due to a single lane. It is quite simply crazy especially considering the R1 tops out at 185 miles per hour (electronically limited) but the SL just keeps on going. Aerodynamics favor a car versus a bike on the top end but if the R1 was not limited the outcome would have been fun to see.

Watch the video below and it should not have to be said to not try this at home.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    BenzBoost leans toward an M157 twin turbo version.

I thought the same thing, but you can clearly see from the video at the begining that the version is R230 and not the R231. There is no way that the SL above is an M157 (unless he swapped engines)

It could be an SL65 though, but I believe its a tuned M156 SL63. Or it could be a Tuned SL55.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge

I thought the same thing, but you can clearly see from the video at the begining that the version is R230 and not the R231. There is no way that the SL above is an M157 (unless he swapped engines)

It could be an SL65 though, but I believe its a tuned M156 SL63. Or it could be a Tuned SL55.
    You're right it is an R230. So we have SL55, SL63, or SL63 choices but if it is SL63 then yes, M156.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Difficult to see in the video.I can only watch it on my mobile at the moment.If the owner did no bodywork on the car I would say SL63 with m156 or SL65 after 2008 because of the rear diffuser.It would be impressive if this NA Engine because the twin turbo is much stronger up top (tuned).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 65AMG Click here to enlarge
    Difficult to see in the video.I can only watch it on my mobile at the moment.If the owner did no bodywork on the car I would say SL63 with m156 or SL65 after 2008 because of the rear diffuser.It would be impressive if this NA Engine because the twin turbo is much stronger up top (tuned).
    Agreed.