Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    How is it making 500 whp when all of these make 60-100 more?

Attachment 29429

They claim around 500 whp with the non intercooled kits.
    Who is reving out their N54 to 8.5k? I would assume valve float on stock springs even approaching this speed. Any more info?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think that is the same M3 I raced in Bakersfield and put 2-3 cars on with our 135 when it would shift properly. That car makes 500rw. It seems like the single turbo car has to be making the equivalent of only 460whp or so at least in this video.
    I wouldn't guess the rwhp figure but the M3 will make more efficient use of its power and shift faster so this 335 needs more power to run with it. Secondly, the powerband of that car hurts it on the start it seems so then it has to make up ground.

Either way, I'll run any of shiv's ST when I'm on 91 pump gas just to be a good sport.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Who is reving out their N54 to 8.5k? I would assume valve float on stock springs even approaching this speed. Any more info?
    Some of you guys really need to pull your heads out of the N54's ....
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's an E9x Dyno (with various ESS S/Cs)
    2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG (W213)

Eurocharged Canada Stage 1 ECU, TCU and CPC Tune

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's an E9x Dyno (with various ESS S/Cs)
    And an N54 will never have a curve that beautiful... ever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    i wouldnt call those graphs beautiful.. AA has some artistic graphs though..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i wouldnt call those graphs beautiful.. AA has some artistic graphs though..
    I mean not as smooth as AA but obviously an N54 won't replicate that curve. It's still quite nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm the M3 owner who shot the video and need to correct some wild BS floating around on here...here as the facts as I know them. 335i owner was great to chat with.

1. The M3 puts down around 535-540 whp on a dynojet consistently. I was trapping in the low 150's both days at the half mile mark.

2. The 335i wanted a 60mph roll with as much starting room as possible. This run was from a 50mph roll. The 335i had Mikey Thompson drag radials on the rear.

3. The camera placement angle on my front windshield & wide angle lens make it look like a bigger gap at the start then it is between the cars.

4. Shiv@Vinshu publicly claimed the 335i had a wastegate leak on another board where this video is posted. Claims of over 500whp on a Mustang dyno, 650 dynojet were also thrown out.
    5. The "fastest e9x chasis" claim is Click here to enlarge. The 335i's were starting at the VERY VERY BACK of the runway & were going wide open throttle to get that trap speed. My guess is they were hit the cones @ 70mph+. This is directly from the mouth of one of the 335i guys...unfortunately did not catch his name, I think he goes by "CaptainInsano" on the "heretic" board. There was a built-motor ess sc'd e92 m3 which had higher trap speeds (although he hardly ran)

6. The guys running the 335i were some of the nicest people to hang out with at this event and I look forward to seeing them again if they make it out to the next one of these.

Terry@BMS, what happened to your car at the event? I saw it early on...and then you were gone? How much did the 135i put down on a dyno? The truth now...not that pesemistic # you had on your window to rope in victims? Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by bubu; 04-10-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bubu Click here to enlarge
    I'm the M3 owner who shot the video and need to correct some wild BS floating around on here...here as the facts as I know them. 335i owner was great to chat with.

1. The M3 puts down around 535-540 whp on a dynojet consistently. I was trapping in the low 150's both days at the half mile mark.

2. The 335i wanted a 60mph roll with as much starting room as possible. This run was from a 50mph roll. The 335i had Mikey Thompson drag radials on the rear.

3. The camera placement angle on my front windshield & wide angle lens make it look like a bigger gap at the start then it is between the cars.

4. Shiv@Vinshu publicly claimed the 335i had a wastegate leak on another board where this video is posted. Claims of over 500whp on a Mustang dyno, 650 dynojet were also thrown out.
    5. The "fastest e9x chasis" claim is Click here to enlarge. The 335i's were starting at the VERY VERY BACK of the runway & were going wide open throttle to get that trap speed. My guess is they were hit the cones @ 70mph+. This is directly from the mouth of one of the 335i guys...unfortunately did not catch his name. There was a built-motor ess sc'd e92 m3 which had higher trap speeds (although he hardly ran)

6. The guys running the 335i were some of the nicest people to hang out with at this event and I look forward to seeing them again if they make it out to the next one of these.

Terry@BMS, what happened to your car at the event? I saw it early on...and then you were gone? How much did the 135i put down on a dyno? The truth now...not that pesemistic # you had on your window to rope in victims? Click here to enlarge
    Interesting comments. I raced a GTR and the guy floored it 50' before the cones and zoomed past me at 60+mph. You're supposed to start at 40mph or if you agree with the person you are racing 50mph, and not floor it until the cones, lol.

I unfortunately broke down. Didn't get a clean run all day. Trans was popping out of gear around 140mph sending the tach through the roof. On the last run the engine started clanking badly and smoking. So something inside is broken. Had to limp home on 5 cylinders.

My car makes anywhere from 480rw to 520rw depending on how much boost/timing its running. But I ran it at 500rw just like I did at NFZ. At that event the car was flawless every run. This time around nothing but problems. Such is life. Click here to enlarge Going to throw a 3k eBay motor in it for a few months and build mine up with some larger turbos.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, 500rwh in a 3,000 lb chasis would certainly produce the results we've been seeing from your 135i...its a shame you broke down Click here to enlarge Are you going to NFZ II? I should have some extra goodies to give you a run for your money.

As for the "jumping", you should see the video of me running a F430 Scuderia. Sometimes its innocent, most of the time its intentional. I just rolled up @ 40mph to the cones and floored it...the trap speeds showed who was faster and if someone can't match your speed, or wants to hang back for a faster cone speed there ain't a thing you can do about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, 500rwh in a 3,000 lb chasis would certainly produce the results we've been seeing from your 135i...its a shame you broke down Click here to enlarge Are you going to NFZ II? I should have some extra goodies to give you a run for your money.

As for the "jumping", you should see the video of me running a F430 Scuderia. Sometimes its innocent, most of the time its intentional. I just rolled up @ 40mph to the cones and floored it...the trap speeds showed who was faster and if someone can't match your speed, or wants to hang back for a faster cone speed there ain't a thing you can do about it.
    Yes I just signed up. Although, I'm not sure which car or trim I'll be racing in. I might be racing in our E92 w/ factory turbos. It's heavier and only does 450whp. And it's a manual trans. But will be fun to hang out just the same.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    450whp...remove some interior & add 110 = a really fast 335 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 335i wanted a 60mph roll with as much starting room as possible.
    Had to smirkh ere.

Shiv@Vinshu publicly claimed the 335i had a wastegate leak on another board where this video is posted. Claims of over 500whp on a Mustang dyno, 650 dynojet were also thrown out.
    Do any of his cars ever run correctly or is it just when a dyno sheet is posted?

The "fastest e9x chasis" claim is . The 335i's were starting at the VERY VERY BACK of the runway & were going wide open throttle to get that trap speed. My guess is they were hit the cones @ 70mph+. This is directly from the mouth of one of the 335i guys...unfortunately did not catch his name, I think he goes by "CaptainInsano" on the "heretic" board. There was a built-motor ess sc'd e92 m3 which had higher trap speeds (although he hardly ran)
    So, manipulating the circumstances essentially? Surprising.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, manipulating the circumstances essentially? Surprising.
    I love that E90Post & M3Post are a mouse click away from each other & that there are two COMPLETELY different stories being told about how specific cars ran against each other.
    2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG (W213)

Eurocharged Canada Stage 1 ECU, TCU and CPC Tune

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some of you guys really need to pull your heads out of the N54's ....
    blah that was just me being an idiot while drunk. I thought it was a N54ST dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    I want to so captaininsanos 163.3 run anyone know who he ran against? shiv said he was on "25 PSI about 650 whp"
    I'm sure he was doing exactly 40mph at the start cones.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    blah that was just me being an idiot while drunk. I thought it was a N54ST dyno.
    No worries that's every other post from me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    N54>2JZ>any M3.

/thread Click here to enlarge
    Incoming Sticky in 3...

EDIT: Doh! Too late!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    looks more like a line to me, than curve Click here to enlarge

the N54 will have some curves that look amazing in their own ways in the coming times... hopefully haha

what a hilariously bad result.. and i KNEW there had to be something fishy with the '163' highest trap... starting early, what a cheapout...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just don't get how Shiv comes up with BS like E9x record BS when there are so many people at that event and witnessing the truth.The audacity of some of these dudes...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trojan4evr Click here to enlarge
    I just don't get how Shiv comes up with BS like E9x record BS when there are so many people at that event and witnessing the truth.The audacity of some of these dudes...
    It's almost funny nobody is surprised. Almost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thread revival. This car blew up shortly after that shift sector. The problem with the car was that it still had the cats in it and it choked everything up when they were melted. Still fixing it up but the car is cursed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hausofboost Click here to enlarge
    Thread revival. This car blew up shortly after that shift sector. The problem with the car was that it still had the cats in it and it choked everything up when they were melted. Still fixing it up but the car is cursed.
    Which car are you referring to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which car are you referring to?
    Probably the M3 since the ST comes with a catless DP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hausofboost Click here to enlarge
    I suspect the car was running too rich if the cats melted.
    Eppur si muove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12