Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 335D and Towing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I ended up not being able to get a 335d as I apparently pissed off the sales guy so I end up buying a leftover Mazda3 Hatch for a really good deal. I called and spoke to the execuhitch sales and was impressed the hitch is actually a Class 3 hitch just limited by what car it's on. He recommended not going over 3500 lbs if there's any weight in the back of the car. He seemed to have no doubts or worries about people using it to tow anything.

I went camping last weekend, had to drive to Arkansas to get out of Texas burn ban to have a camp fire. The state park there had signs everywhere stating it was illegal to use out of area firewood due to the previously stated bug infestation that kill local insects and trees.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    I ended up not being able to get a 335d as I apparently pissed off the sales guy so I end up buying a leftover Mazda3 Hatch for a really good deal. I called and spoke to the execuhitch sales and was impressed the hitch is actually a Class 3 hitch just limited by what car it's on. He recommended not going over 3500 lbs if there's any weight in the back of the car. He seemed to have no doubts or worries about people using it to tow anything.

I went camping last weekend, had to drive to Arkansas to get out of Texas burn ban to have a camp fire. The state park there had signs everywhere stating it was illegal to use out of area firewood due to the previously stated bug infestation that kill local insects and trees.
    Were you too "brusk" with him? I couldn't help it...

We were shopping for diesels at the same time, and this is great information about the hitch. Thank you for posting.
    2008 135 GIAC Stage II Race File
    2011 335d Stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Edogg218 Click here to enlarge
    Were you too "brusk" with him? I couldn't help it...

We were shopping for diesels at the same time, and this is great information about the hitch. Thank you for posting.
    LOL. Apparently I was. He had a bunch of BWM buybacks from CA. I didn't realize BMW were buying back so many turbo cars. He was asking a decent price of $26.5 for a 2010 with 54K miles or so but the title on a buyback says lemon law/buyback and I thought that was worth a little more of a discount on the price considering if I had to resell i in the next 2 years I'd take quite a loss trying to explain why it had so many problems and owners. I offered him $22.5K just to start the pricing arguments but he got offended and wouldn't deal with me. Keep in mind this is a European used car dealership so I don't understand where the problem was. If he would have went down to 25K I would have probably taken it.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335dM Click here to enlarge
    that is a execuhitch. 900$ hitch with wiring,hitch,ball and shipping
    http://execuhitch.com/tow-hitches/
    10-minute product video, this thing must be serious! Thanks for sharing!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    I also have the invisihitch and ALL I tow is my 2 bikes, I reccommend the product by far the best in the market but EXPENSIVE!!!
    Awesome, the stealth factor is definitely a huge plus!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12