Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Marc Lieb, the driver of the Nurburgring record setting Porsche 918 Spyder, believes the car can lap even faster

Being the first production street legal car (and the first hybrid as well) to lap the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes is an incredible accomplishment. Porsche essentially shocked the world and beat even their own leaked estimates with the record laptime. Well, someone seems to think the car can lap the ring even faster. That someone would be Le Mans winner Marc Lieb who set the record laptime. He likely knows what he is talking about to say the least.

The video below covers Lieb's comments. Lieb states there is more potential in the car especially considering the tires used during the record lap are street legal. This is a big point of contention as the McLaren P1 is rumored to have lapped in the sub 6:50 range on race rubber. If Porsche were to use similar rubber what would the 918 Spyder do?

Things are about to get very interesting in the high end supercar segment as a battle is about to take place for Nurburgring production car laptime supremacy.

Click here to enlarge

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So how much do I need to steal to buy this car? These hypercars are getting ridiculously fast!!! its race car stuff crazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My face is melting off at the raw speed here. I feel like we might be seeing the biggest instance of sandbagging ever by a car company...either the 918 is more powerful than stated or lighter...I feel like they're trolling McLaren for all they're worth right now. I love it. But...the LaFerrari should smoke both these cars. Lighter than either and way more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    So how much do I need to steal to buy this car? These hypercars are getting ridiculously fast!!! its race car stuff crazy.
    $900k should be enough.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just saw Marc Lieb this weekend racing 991 RSR.

Got to meet Allen McNish too. Just happen to walk by him in the paddock. Coolest guy ever, stop to talk and sign autographs to just about anyone.