Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bmw M 6 power !!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

PP-Performance Stage 2 tuned F13 M6 S63TU embarrasses a PDK 997.2 Turbo - Another suspect tuned M6 video?

These PP-Performance tuned M6 videos are floating around and they make you scratch your head a bit. The last time we saw a PP-Performance tuned M6 it annihilated an LP560 Gallardo to the point the video was suspect. Well, same thing here with a stock 997.2 Turbo getting absolutely destroyed at the hands of this PP-P tuned M6. Is this a real race or a video more for marketing purposes? The horsepower disparity is absurdly large.

Click here to enlarge

Consider for a moment that a stock PDK 997.2 turbo runs door to door from a roll with a Ferrari 458 Italia. Both cars are just shy of being 130 mile per hour trap speed vehicles. The M6 stock hits 123 mile per hour traps according to recent tests. Stock for stock, the 997.2 PDK turbo is quicker and faster than the new F13 M6.

So this video shows a tuned M6 instantly putting bus lengths on a 997.2 Turbo PDK just like it did to the LP560 Gallardo. That would require a HUGE power disparity. Is the PP-Performance tune getting the M6 to the 130 trap speed range? Sure, gaining around 70 wheel necessary to hit that area seems realistic. But that would make the race close with the M6 edging up top, not the instant one sided affair it is portrayed as.

We need more data but dynographs and trap speeds from the USA will shed more light. Roll on race videos like this can be quite misleading especially without supplemental hard data. The M6 looks like it gets a huge jump to begin with on the first run and the second run is mis-timed on the honks. Simply take it with a grain of salt and M6 owners don't expect to go around annihilating Porsche 911 Turbos.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    m6 proving to be a beast
    Sure it's strong up top but I mean these PP-P videos show it like it has 1000 wheel.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    umm cant believe the hype, here, Something does not add up right, we hope the ruskies can send more evidence on this and if soo WOW!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    umm cant believe the hype, here, Something does not add up right, we hope the ruskies can send more evidence on this and if soo WOW!!
    It just doesn't feel right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I cant fathom the video but if its true then DAMN!!! Russkies are known for experts in decepcion, I remember many times in my early days in the Navy back in the 80's they had ships ALL over and Russian Spy Planes flying over us and the fleet, they seemd to not master at sea refueling, the US NAVY is the SOLE expert on this in the world , they would rather anchor out and save fuel and so on, we caught them sleeping once of the coast of lybia, all radars were off and crept on them on the break of dawn man they seemed pissed, and usual we gave them the middle finger and MOONED them,jajaja those were the good ol days, after mid 80's we never ran into their fleets for some reason and that was the USSR was dismantled!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, but Is the Porsche even trying?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    I cant fathom the video but if its true then DAMN!!! Russkies are known for experts in decepcion, I remember many times in my early days in the Navy back in the 80's they had ships ALL over and Russian Spy Planes flying over us and the fleet, they seemd to not master at sea refueling, the US NAVY is the SOLE expert on this in the world , they would rather anchor out and save fuel and so on, we caught them sleeping once of the coast of lybia, all radars were off and crept on them on the break of dawn man they seemed pissed, and usual we gave them the middle finger and MOONED them,jajaja those were the good ol days, after mid 80's we never ran into their fleets for some reason and that was the USSR was dismantled!!!
    The best one I saw was a CIA film showing the Russians towing their tanks to a "battlefield" for war games... painting the grass and using artificial heaters under the tanks to show up on heat seeking satellite imagery... all so we would think their army was potent... that was back in the mid 1980s
    Driving fresh air now

Recent Past
    2015 McLaren 650S
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Group I beleive you on this, those russkies are something but they their A s s e s whipped in Afghanistan. After that they had to hide under the rock cause back then they were SUPPOSED to be the next big thing next to the USA! Mind you Im Puerto rican and proud I served two countries Puerto Rico and USA!!