Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The most powerful car brand in the world? According to Forbes, it's BMW

One thing BMW does well (and seemingly better than anything else these days) is market themselves. Tons of advertising, teaser videos, and basically propaganda designed to make us all think they still build the Ultimate Driving Machine. Enthusiasts of course know better as BMW has fallen from grace quite a bit but this does not change the fact that the general public buys into what BMW is selling them and Forbes agrees placing the brand as number 1 in the automotive world and 9th overall in the world.

Keep in mind this same list has Apple listed as number one and McDonalds listed at number 7. Being "powerful" does not equate to being the best by any means. Still, BMW being number 1 is impressive and ironically enough the next automotive brand behind them is Toyota. Seems fitting almost that Toyota and BMW stand side by side as BMW continues to go after sales volume above all else... just like Toyota.

Mercedes-Benz is third and number 16th overall.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its impressive no matter how you look at it, good for them.

Apple is still mindblowing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Apple is still mindblowing.
    Sheep.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "GE - Diversified" LOL

Oh, we own a tv network, do contract work for the defense industry, and we also make refrigerators!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy@gaphix Click here to enlarge
    "GE - Diversified" LOLOh, we own a tv network, do contract work for the defense industry, and we also make refrigerators!
    Don't forget locomotives.

They are like an American Hyundai.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would have expected Google to be a little higher

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just keep in mind that HP is #16 on this list lol... I have never had an HP product that worked right for longer than 1 year.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge

LOVE your avatar hahahahhahha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge

You're right, the only thing left is commercial ships.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Just keep in mind that HP is #16 on this list lol... I have never had an HP product that worked right for longer than 1 year.
    One of my first jobs was working in IT doing tech support. Up until now when people ask what kind of computers to get, HP isn't ever on my list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LV is pretty high up.... Would have expected Honda to be higher
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    He's looking at YOU!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I don't get it. I hate it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    How far down the list is VW/Audi?. I won't even ask about the American Automotive Brands... I don't even see Toshiba on that list, and they are pretty reliable (never had one problem with their laptops). LG? Love their TV's and other products? BMW... Well.. Yeah... Um... I don't have anything... Neither good nor bad to say... Just that I won't own another, or atleast not until the X5 stops working right...
    2017 330i x-drive: Stock

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T:
    T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2015 X3 28i: K&N Panel Filter

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No more BMW here... at least new ones..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the dozen radiators that the new M's have, no dip sticks, electric e-brakes, and programmable batteries, the only route I'm seeing is leasing. Tho I gotta admit that the M6 coupe styling is the best they've done in a while.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the dozen radiators that the new M's have, no dip sticks, electric e-brakes, and programmable batteries, the only route I'm seeing is leasing. Tho I gotta admit that the M6 coupe styling is the best they've done in a while.
    I do agree, I like the 6 series coupe / M6 styling... The new JAG F-Type coupe seems similiar, but that's another thread in itself probably...

T/A Hood, CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    I do agree, I like the 6 series coupe / M6 styling... The new JAG F-Type coupe seems similiar, but that's another thread in itself probably...
    While BMW is making sausages of different lengths, the other luxo brands are stepping up their game, and they've at least gotten us to turn our heads.

Btw, it seems like you're really enjoying your X5. I'm also loving the X5 we have, quite practical, good looking, and plenty of gizmos to make long drives seem like short ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw, it seems like you're really enjoying your X5. I'm also loving the X5 we have, quite practical, good looking, and plenty of gizmos to make long drives seem like short ones.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it... While I was driving it... Now I drive a 15 Passenger GMC Van Click here to enlarge But the wife is enjoying the X5 while i'm away, and she gets to keep it once i get back from this combat patch producing non-combat zone (don't get me started, I don't think I deserve one because theres NO Combat in Kuwait). I was going to trade the X5 in for a CPO'd Audi Q5 for the wife, and get a brand new S5, but finances didn't allow for it, so now i'm getting a Challenger and keeping the X5... No complaints though... The X5 is perfect balance of power, handling, speed and space... No point in having one of the larger gas guzzling american SUV's...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I enjoyed it... While I was driving it... Now I drive a 15 Passenger GMC Van Click here to enlarge But the wife is enjoying the X5 while i'm away, and she gets to keep it once i get back from this combat patch producing non-combat zone (don't get me started, I don't think I deserve one because theres NO Combat in Kuwait). I was going to trade the X5 in for a CPO'd Audi Q5 for the wife, and get a brand new S5, but finances didn't allow for it, so now i'm getting a Challenger and keeping the X5... No complaints though... The X5 is perfect balance of power, handling, speed and space... No point in having one of the larger gas guzzling american SUV's...

FOBBIT! LOL J/K man, glad to see other service members around.

Nice choice in the Challenger btw.

On-topic: Who else was expecting Wal-Mart to be on the list? I'm guessing its because "Wal-Mart" isn't a brand, correct?
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wal-Mart could be a brand...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    FOBBIT! LOL J/K man, glad to see other service members around.

Nice choice in the Challenger btw.

On-topic: Who else was expecting Wal-Mart to be on the list? I'm guessing its because "Wal-Mart" isn't a brand, correct?
    Hey, I don't stay on AJ all the time... I get to go visit KMOD (Kuwait Ministry of Defense), Buehring, KNB (Kuwait Naval Base). But majority of my time is on AJ... I actually look forward to driving with the Kuwaiti's, reminds me of NYC, the way they drive... Thanks, I hope i enjoy the Challenger as much as i enjoy looking at it...

On Topic. Wal-mart could be a brand, they do sell merchandise but under another name, but they probably don't sell enough of it to be considered mainstream.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    You're right, the only thing left is commercial ships.

One of my first jobs was working in IT doing tech support. Up until now when people ask what kind of computers to get, HP isn't ever on my list.
    HP have incredible bulk pricing so often large business will buy their desktops/laptops in the hundreds/thousands

but.. yeah i don't understand how they're number one REALLY... their products are by and large fairly terrible, i've seen a LOT of HP laptops fail lately, very fragile.. and their desktops are never value for money for consumers (a friend got a touch screen pc HP thing for free... it was DOA.. got another one.. another part of it was broken... third one, all good, salvaged the first two into one working one... he also got an envy laptop, powerful/shiny/good price... but not super reliable so far lol)

i'd vote dell over HP any day, and toshiba over dell, unless you value no questions asked warranties over a slightly better value for money product lol.
    boop