Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    'hey guys, so, i've got a few customers that are going to be making HUGE power, and are guaranteed to be needing to buy upgrades for their transmissions, so, you'll be set to make $10k+ pretty easily in the SHORT TERM.. not to mention people unrelated to me in exactly the same boat, and there's no one else reliable in the market what do you think about that?'

'.... nah mate, nah'

apparently people don't like easy money.
    People hear this all the time. The only way to get them to bite is to commit with a order. Then resell the items to said customers. This removes the risk from the individual doing the R&D and puts the risk on the shop requesting the work/r&d be done. The risk for the builder being if noone winds up ordering it.. the risk for the individual now fronting the bulk order being does the trans actually do what it what it needs and hold, and do the customers actually come through and order it. Its really a lose lose situation all around in most cases.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    People hear this all the time. The only way to get them to bite is to commit with a order. Then resell the items to said customers. This removes the risk from the individual doing the R&D and puts the risk on the shop requesting the work/r&d be done. The risk for the builder being if noone winds up ordering it.. the risk for the individual now fronting the bulk order being does the trans actually do what it what it needs and hold, and do the customers actually come through and order it. Its really a lose lose situation all around in most cases.
    Yeah it sounds like they won't even bite with an order though

It's a pity it's so hard to find a shop that knows the n54 community that would be able to do it...If it was a shop that knew anything about the n54.. They'd know the current only AT builds that have been done still can't reliably make power

VTT went in with no guarantee there would be sales of turbo kits, except for looking at the market and having good business sense.. Look how many have already sold? 10 preorders and a further 3 to tuners? not to mention the stage 2's that are/will go out.. Same deal for no one wanting to touch the HPFP - it's ridiculous, you can 100% guarantee a minimum of HUNDREDS of sales over time (and minimum ten's on release) of a high flowed HPFP.. ANYONE with a stage2/rb turbo or bigger and or running e85.Same deal for a high strength 6AT... Make it 600-700ft-lb capable, price it well, reciece bacon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Yeah it sounds like they won't even bite with an order though

It's a pity it's so hard to find a shop that knows the n54 community that would be able to do it...If it was a shop that knew anything about the n54.. They'd know the current only AT builds that have been done still can't reliably make power

VTT went in with no guarantee there would be sales of turbo kits, except for looking at the market and having good business sense.. Look how many have already sold? 10 preorders and a further 3 to tuners? not to mention the stage 2's that are/will go out.. Same deal for no one wanting to touch the HPFP - it's ridiculous, you can 100% guarantee a minimum of HUNDREDS of sales over time (and minimum ten's on release) of a high flowed HPFP.. ANYONE with a stage2/rb turbo or bigger and or running e85.Same deal for a high strength 6AT... Make it 600-700ft-lb capable, price it well, reciece bacon.
    Gotta agree. Currently the Stage 3's are effectively restricted to 6MT cars.

With the Alpina flash the stock 6HP21 seems to hold up fine with RBs on pump gas figures. RBs + meth is already on the edge. Anything above that is just a recipe for disaster in the current state. Especially if it turns out that a failing tranny can take the engine with it into exitus, like on Terry's car.

Only a couple documented Level10 builds are not enough to draw final conclusions, especially as Steve sold his car shortly after he got the beefed up tranny and Enrita's car is not yet running at max power levels.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Maybe I like to over simplify the parts of an automatic trans but if nobodies breaking shafts and the hard bits it should only take the right person talking to the right supplier but to get the proper clutches and bands etc to have something that would at least keep the clutches from slipping. Now if it's a controller problem I would think if somebody like Terry took the time and made a piggyback module that would up the line pressure by either tricking the DME into adding more or increasing it and sending back a false signal of what it wanted to see there would be a work around. My experiences are limited to GM auto's and Nissan/Toyota's where GM's are obviously simple to get things for but Nissan/Toyota's always needed a piggyback to fix their automatic concerns. But in the end this is the types of headaches that always leads me to a 6MT trans.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn that sucks Terry. I guess those overrevs from the tranny limping finally had the motor telling you to piss off. Why not just get a used short block and go that route? Cheaper and less time off the road.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    Stock clutch should be ok for FBO right? Which clutch did you upgrade to?
    I was FBO on E50 and it slipped under power on the dyno and in high gear on the street, 40k miles. Went to ACT street, which was dead in 5k, then now Spec 2+.
    /OT
    C6 Z06 - 600whp+ (Chuck MF'ing Norris)
    '10 335i - 830whp (Bruce Lee)
    '07 335i - 380whp (Dolph Lundgren)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Damn that sucks Terry. I guess those overrevs from the tranny limping finally had the motor telling you to piss off. Why not just get a used short block and go that route? Cheaper and less time off the road.
    I'm surprised it lasted this long. This is the same motor I did the 540rw nitrous testing on years ago not to mention RB testing up to 23psi. And hundreds upon hundreds of high boost runs. But it always only takes one bad situation to break something.

We have 6 other cars so I don't really need this one on the road, although it is my favorite to race. I may throw an eBay motor in it and then send the motor in the car over to VAC for the build. Then throw that motor back in along with a built trans when I do the VT3s. Will be working out the details this week.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm surprised it lasted this long. This is the same motor I did the 540rw nitrous testing on years ago not to mention RB testing up to 23psi. And hundreds upon hundreds of high boost runs. But it always only takes one bad situation to break something.

We have 6 other cars so I don't really need this one on the road, although it is my favorite to race. I may throw an eBay motor in it and then send the motor in the car over to VAC for the build. Then throw that motor back in along with a built trans when I do the VT3s. Will be working out the details this week.
    Click here to enlarge
    IG: Sammy0559

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

@Terry@BMS

That sounds like a good plan Click here to enlarge

Hate to post a chodepost link but maybe you can look into this.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766915
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge

Uhhhh..... If I had the coin, I'd be all over that MT and finding a shop that can do the conversion, put these AT headaches behind me.
    2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG (W213)

Eurocharged Canada Stage 1 ECU, TCU and CPC Tune

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I would def throw ebay motor in it, then put the VTT3 on the MT e92. A turn-key VTT3 tuning solution would do wonders for sales Click here to enlarge. Most people won't have a built AT.
    C6 Z06 - 600whp+ (Chuck MF'ing Norris)
    '10 335i - 830whp (Bruce Lee)
    '07 335i - 380whp (Dolph Lundgren)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Maybe I like to over simplify the parts of an automatic trans but if nobodies breaking shafts and the hard bits it should only take the right person talking to the right supplier but to get the proper clutches and bands etc to have something that would at least keep the clutches from slipping.
    That's why you need an R&D effort. If the bands/clutches hold what breaks next & at what torque input?
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What a fun day! I ran 146mph on stock turbos Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Marz Click here to enlarge
    What a fun day! I ran 146mph on stock turbos Click here to enlarge
    very nice! Tell us more... Welcome to bimmerboost.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was my first day racing with the NLS on my car, so it was very different for me haha. I raced Wedge twice. First time was real close he won but you can call it a tie. The second time I totally messed up the NLS in 5th gear.. It was a great day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the WELCOME Click here to enlarge My car is a E90 335i FBO on MS109 + METH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a great speed good job. How fast where you going at the starting cone?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We decided to start at 50mph as that was the most common speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    @Terry@BMS

That sounds like a good plan Click here to enlarge

I found a nasty looking eBay one for $3k that has the 1 series factory turbos. So I'll throw that in short term to get mine built, and the RB turbos switched over to our E92. Hopefully the eBay one runs good enough for a month or two. Maybe I'll go "test out" a 200 shot on it if I get bored. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry,

Please do some proper sleeves on it and make it a semi closed deck.

Love,

The N54 community
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Terry,

Please do some proper sleeves on it and make it a semi closed deck.

Love,

The N54 community
    If you build it, they will cum!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry sorry to hear about the damaged motor. I was at Coalinga on Sunday and was hoping to see you, but heard about your issue Saturday night. I was trapping 157, and heard the track was actually about .45 of a mile (makes sense considering the 159-160 at Minter). I'll be at No Fly Zone II on May 4, hope to see you there with something racing. BTW, the video of my car running the McLaren 12c (and losing handily) if you watch the start the driver does the trick you mentioned previously. I had to jump on it a little to get to 50 at the start cone(we were supposed to go from 40) and he still had me by at least a car lead at the start. He of course pulls out a lead that never ceased. Based on what he said he was trapping, it would have been a good race IF he would have played fair. I did spank a Lambo Gallardo though, and several other high HP cars. I had a good time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234